-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've never bought an Apple product but glad to see they stood up to big brother.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Give the damn phone to a 12 year old girl to open. Problem solved.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Around here a corporation can't let in criminals, known or unknown without recourse.

No one is cheering for one side or the other when it comes to breaking the law or refusing to be held accountable; at the very least, no one at a corporation can force people to buy or fund their corporation unless the government (and panty twisted judges) forces them to do so.....

We'd be lucky if the government was ran as well as Enron....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You give the Government an inch and the will take the whole ruler. Good for Apple, if I was the FBI I would be ashamed to admit I couldn't hack an IPHONE. Says a lot about the FBI

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been in the cyber security field for 20 years. If a company puts in a "backdoor" for some agency to exploit to get around the encryption, the bad guys will soon enough figure out how to do it also, including terrorists. They may think they are gaining security by being able to mine for criminal data in the short run, but in the long run, there will just be less security because of it.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Originally Posted by 375fan
Feds should hand over phone over to Apple. Let their techs retrieve whatever is on phone and turn that info over to feds. No way should Apple create a back door for the Feds.

That is exactly what Apple has been asked to do and Apple or its CEO is refusing do so. On this phone only!

No, they have been asked to create a new operating system that can be installed on this phone and then allow the Feds to use it.

That's a whole lot different than giving the phone to apple and they crack it, dump the data onto a Zip drive and hand the Zip drive over after incinerating the phone to ensure the government doesn't get the new back door operating system.

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't remember the who, what, when, but a couple years back an encryption outfit went out of business because the feds were asking for a key. They did not comply also because they simply could not. Only the customer has the key. Providing such would have ended their business anyway. If Apple caves, everyone that uses their system should sue and win. If Apple can crack it, then their system was a complete failure

The government can not assure our privacy, so I think it's great that maybe the private sector can.

NSA should know every number that was dialed. Let them work from that end.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/17/16.

1Minute
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 1minute
NSA should know every number that was dialed. Let them work from that end.

Who needs NSA. The phone was owned by the county, so all they have to do is look at their bill.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
That is exactly what Apple has been asked to do and Apple or its CEO is refusing do so. On this phone only!

LOL, You know so little yet talk so much.

No wonder your left leaning.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Apple has sold 700 MILLION Iphones since early 2015. Most contain private information such as medical and financial data, as well as contact info.

Yeah, great idea - let's give the Gov access to that.

- Rogue
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by conrad101st
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Apple is protecting their sales to the ISIS demographic. whistle

Apple is marketing to people like me who like our privacy.

I believe the Swiss should have told the good old US government to f' off when our government demanded that the bankers cough up the names of US citizens with accounts.
To which they later caved, if you recall..

Why should the government know all our business.

IT'S TOTAL HORSECRAP.
In that, I agree totally..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The goobermint lets in radicals that kills Americans whether by ineptness or design.

Now they use this as an excuse to destroy the civil rights of American's, either as a recourse of a lack of actionable human intel, or just taking advantage of the situation.

[bleep] the administration.

Seal the borders, be proactive in vetting immigrants, and stop being pussy's in the foreign intel arena and you won't have to piss on the rights of your citizens.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That's a whole lot different than giving the phone to apple and they crack it, dump the data onto a Zip drive and hand the Zip drive over after incinerating the phone to ensure the government doesn't get the new back door operating system.

This is what should be done with this particular phone, after receiving a court order. No blanket government order at all in play. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RWE
The goobermint lets in radicals that kills Americans whether by ineptness or design.

Now they use this as an excuse to destroy the civil rights of American's, either as a recourse of a lack of actionable human intel, or just taking advantage of the situation.

[bleep] the administration.

Seal the borders, be proactive in vetting immigrants, and stop being pussy's in the foreign intel arena and you won't have to piss on the rights of your citizens.

Spot on!!

NRA Patron Member
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by milespatton

This is what should be done with this particular phone, after receiving a court order. No blanket government order at all in play. miles

That would be ok, maybe,...except apple doesn't have a way to retrieve the information, and they don't want to design a way

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's not that the Feds want Apple to hack the phones. It's that the Feds want to have Apple turn over to the Feds the encryption software and all the rest of the data security features of the Apple devices so the FEDS can then hack the phones.

Apple is saying no.

If the Feds got that information, they could then - whenever they chose to do so - hack any Apple device they wanted to.

Also, to date Apple has been FAR more secure with it's information from data breaches than has the Feds (i.e., the Feds could lose control of that information, further compromising Apple security and the security of Apple devices).

If the Feds wanted the data from the phones, they have the legal authority to have Apple hack the phones and turn over the data. That's not what the Feds are asking for; they want the information from Apple on how to hack Apple devices.

Huge difference.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by milespatton

That would be ok, maybe,...except apple doesn't have a way to retrieve the information, and they don't want to design a way

Apple can get that information off of the phone, and will if they are asked to do exactly that. The Feds aren't asking them for that; they want to be able to hack Apple devices themselves.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Apple has already "opened" over seventy other phones for LE agencies prior to this. All apple has to do is take the phone, crack the code, mine the data and give it to the FBI. Lose the tinfoil...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Apple has already "opened" over seventy other phones for LE agencies prior to this. All apple has to do is take the phone, crack the code, mine the data and give it to the FBI. Lose the tinfoil...

What really hits me about this damned situation: We The People have lost ALL FAITH AND TRUST in OUR GOVERNMENT!
No[actually hell no]I'm not a conspiracy theorist as I know it's an impossibility that all of the .gov could never get on the same page to conspire, but some alphabet agencies have proven that they can't handle having the power.

FJB & FJT
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
I've never bought an Apple product but glad to see they stood up to big brother.

Let's try a theoretical...that could easily turn into a reality...

What if down the road we have another terrorist attack?

What about a swarm of attacks?

Use whatever theoretical number you wish for the number dead.

What if the terrorists are apprehended & when their phone records are checked, it comes to light they were in contact with some of the same individuals tied to the duo in San Bernardino??? Wouldn't Apple be culpable??? Isn't it still law that felons lose their civil rights??? Once a person is dead, do they still have a "rights" especially after these dead people were responsible for multiple murders???

Who will blame either this president or the next for not doing their job at protecting America???

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (10Glocks, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 44 invisible), 2,247 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,641
Posts18,493,248
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.