-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very easy to get behind..My brother liked mine so much that he bought one for his 7 mag..He doesn't like to spend money so it says something when he spends that much on a scope..LOL

But the proof is in the pudding..You spend that much it had better work like it's sposed to..

This is the proof..First time he got to try it out was a spring bear at 520 yards...Right through the heart..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7lbyG1gTLw

Last edited by Santiam; 02/20/16.
GB1

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Santiam
Very easy to get behind..My brother liked mine so much that he bought one for his 7 mag..He doesn't like to spend money so it says something when he spends that much on a scope..LOL

But the proof is in the pudding..You spend that much it had better work like it sposed to..

This is the proof..First time he go to try it out was a spring bear at 520 yards...Right through the heart..

Thanks, that's great to know.

I was just up in what I presume is your general AO- my daughter had a basketball game at Sweet Home. Pretty town, and some of our favorite fans in the Sky-Em league.

I'm liking everything I'm hearing about this scope....

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
One review I read of the Bushnell 3-12 LRHS called out the performance at 3x, 4x as being pretty poor. Don't like that.

Basing your opinion on one review is not very intelligent .
The LRHS performance from 3-12 is very good. Now if someone doesn't like the reticle at 3x, that's a different situation.

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RHutch
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
One review I read of the Bushnell 3-12 LRHS called out the performance at 3x, 4x as being pretty poor. Don't like that.

Basing your opinion on one review is not very intelligent .
The LRHS performance from 3-12 is very good. Now if someone doesn't like the reticle at 3x, that's a different situation.

Yeah, it's always a chore trying to sort out optics review data wheat from chaff, and then there's the fact that much of this stuff is subjective.

This was from a user, not a magazine or online "magazine". The guy felt that the scope didn't give what you generally want from a scope at 3x, 4x.... IE, big eyebox and FOV. He felt it really came alive at 6X.

It's just a single data point, but he did come across as credible, and had one mounted on his rifle.

Nice to hear that the NF SHV does not have that issue.

I also am beginning to think I don't even WANT an FFP reticle in a hunting scope! Blasphemy, I know...............

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I am a FFP guy through and through but I'd submit that FFP is not needed on a scope that maxes out at 10x.

Consequently, I received the 2-10x42 NXS yesterday,mounted it up and will zero it tomorrow. Looks good so far. First nightforce I've owned in a decade.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hutch,
You'll enjoy that one.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
CC... Out of curiosity what scope do you use now that fits all of your stringent requirements of a hunting scope...

there isn't one I am happy all the way with. probably 2 different scopes right now. the 3.5-15 NXS with MOAR reticle, that would go on big game calibers,or long range guns. 2.5-10x32 NXS w/mildot on AR type and guns I am likely to be shooting at less than 400 yards with. Nightforce reticles in some cases may be tuff to see without illumination.

simply put check the model of scope, the MOAR reticle is very different in a 3.5-15 NXS vs the same reticle in a 2.5-10 model.

I will trash on FFP again because I feel like stiring the pot. looked at the LRHS yet again at the sportsmans expo last week. I would love to like this scope BTW. The reticle washed out looking at a curtain inside the full lights of the show, let me repeat the reticle on low power washed out against a dark curtain in full light at the show standing in their booth. there is simply no way anyone can look someone in the eye and say this is a good low light scope on low power. for what its worth the higher power LRHS is much better on low power, but still not good enough for a hunting scope IMO. Its so bad I am surprised they put a product like this on the market.

The interesting thing is, bushnell was there, vortex was there, leica, swaro, all of them were represented at the show. when I was looking at stuff at 3 different booths someone came in and asked about FFP scopes. In EVERY case the reps working the both said they didn't like FFP and it wasn't their thing. I thought that was interesting. I think there is alot of hype associated with FFP.

look thats my opinion, don't like it, fine, I really don't care, if the scope bottoms out at less than 6x on the low end it should not have a FFP reticle, end of story.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Handholding a scope inside a building and making a definitive opinion on it is ignorant. I've done it myself, then I grew up.

I appreciate the fact that FFP is not for everyone and that your preference is SFP. FFP makes sense to me with variable scopes over 10x top end having "holdover" or "ranging" reticles. SFP for the duplex or simple crosshairs.

The one LRHS I have does not exhibit any of the "issues" you seem to be seeing on your indoor hand-held safari.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Handholding a scope inside a building and making a definitive opinion on it is ignorant. I've done it myself, then I grew up.

I appreciate the fact that FFP is not for everyone and that your preference is SFP. FFP makes sense to me with variable scopes over 10x top end having "holdover" or "ranging" reticles. SFP for the duplex or simple crosshairs.

The one LRHS I have does not exhibit any of the "issues" you seem to be seeing on your indoor hand-held safari.

BS if the scope reticle can't be seen inside a well lit trade show against a dark curtain across the show. It will be horrible in a hunting situation. a trade show is IDEAL lighting conditions, real hunting, ie not being a range ninja is often in poor lighting.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

BS if the scope reticle can't be seen inside a well lit trade show against a dark curtain across the show. It will be horrible in a hunting situation. a trade show is IDEAL lighting conditions, real hunting, ie not being a range ninja is often in poor lighting.

Thou doth protest too much.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Artificial light is ideal....WOW. You are dumber than I thought. Congrats.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No reason to stick out your ribs while typing there Sally...It was a legitimate question as I thought perhaps you had a secret weapon and had found something in the scope world that I had missed... Obviously that was not the case...

You seem to bitch and complain about most if not all optics, but thousands and thousands of HUNTERS seem to get by just fine... Your bitches although quite comical carry lil to no weight...

FFP optics work just fine if one is talented enough to run one... You lack in that category as well... Condemning a scope in a building against a dark/black background only solidifies your stupidity...

This killing stuff is only as hard as a gal makes it... YOU seem to like it HARD...

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by joshf303
I don't think any of the reticles in the 3-10 make very good hunting reticles in lesser light stuations that are common in hunting. I sold mine because of that. As crazy as it sounds if they just offered it in the plain ole mildot I would buy another heck or even plain duplex

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...g_range_hunters_forgotten_a#Post10920323

Whenever you get the chance CC......

While you're still "here".... Could you answer Starsky and I? Soley for entertainment purposes if you will....

There's a link conveniently there to save you some hassle....

Last edited by joshf303; 02/20/16.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Look at the shape this nation is in because of Obama.

And ALL you stupid SOB's are happy to help an Obama supporter named JeffO.

Simply AMAZING.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Simply AMAZING.

So EHG, Dirtfarmer, Jordan Smith, myself, etc. are all stupid SOB's Scott, and all of us are partially responsible for the shape of this nation simply because we posted on a thread started by Jeff O about a scope?

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Good thing real hunters don't shoot curtains inside a trade show...

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Santiam

But the proof is in the pudding..You spend that much it had better work like it's sposed to..

This is the proof..First time he got to try it out was a spring bear at 520 yards...Right through the heart..

Thanks for your YouTube ! Nice shot! First I thought ya just nicked him and still went some 20 yards thru that tangle!?
If ya got more vids posted Id be pleased to look at them

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Simply AMAZING.

Comical that so little could be so "AMAZING" to someone... I wouldn't expect any less from an inbred, never has been lush...

What does anything posted in this thread have to do with the shape of this nation... If poor dumb JeffO is that dumb then the poor dumbfück needs all the help he can get...

I'd wager that the others posting on this thread have forgotten schitt about optic's, hunting and manhood that you haven't even learned yet, dipshit... I know I dropped more intelligence in the thundermug this morning than you could ever possibly muster...

Regale us with what you have done to "Better" the shape of the nation... From your post count it appears you fit into the 98% of the other big mouth posters... You haven't done a fückin' thing other than sit on your fat drunk ass and up your post count...

Until you have something of worth to say you should shut your purdy fückin' mouth, Deliverance...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt." wink

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide

Simply AMAZING.

Comical that so little could be so "AMAZING" to someone... I wouldn't expect any less from an inbred, never has been lush...

What does anything posted in this thread have to do with the shape of this nation... If poor dumb JeffO is that dumb then the poor dumbfück needs all the help he can get...

I'd wager that the others posting on this thread have forgotten schitt about optic's, hunting and manhood that you haven't even learned yet, dipshit... I know I dropped more intelligence in the thundermug this morning than you could ever possibly muster...

Regale us with what you have done to "Better" the shape of the nation... From your post count it appears you fit into the 98% of the other big mouth posters... You haven't done a fückin' thing other than sit on your fat drunk ass and up your post count...

Until you have something of worth to say you should shut your purdy fückin' mouth, Deliverance...

Not that SH needs defending, but I'd say 20+ years in the Coast Guard and earning retirement from the CG is doing "something" for our nation and I'd wager that's a hell of a lot more than Jeff_O will ever accomplish.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

621 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,619 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,521
Posts18,509,659
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.