Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Whitworth1
Originally Posted by HawkI

The LFN's mimic most Keith designs, since most have similar sized meplats and case intrusion, both of which respond with mild to wild loads.
FWIW, the holes in and out with the Keith look like paper punch holes...the LFN's at the same speed don't leave holes any bigger.

If the LFN mimics the "Keith" design, then it probably isn't really a Keith bullet -- that term is misused more than "LBT-style." The 429421 has a rather smallish me plat and it shouldn't be expected to produce as big a wound channel as a real LFN. Also haven't found the LFN to be velocity dependent to produce a good would channel. IMHO.

Why can't we discuss this without the combativeness?
Your tone is and has always been as combative as anybody's. You bring knowledge to the discussion but at the cost of negativity. IMO things were much better before you showed up. Some of your followers are much worse. Whenever jwp or Craig C show up, there's going to be a fight. CC is a relative newbie but is a particularly nasty piece of work. jwp shows up more when you are around. He is technically proficient but a base poltroon when all is said and done. You could post some stupid [bleep] that you knew was wrong and jwp would side up with you. Just how it is.

HawkI is a longtime respected member who I don't always agree with but whom I always read because he knows wth he is talking about.

GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

The LFN's mimic most Keith designs, since most have similar sized meplats and case intrusion, both of which respond with mild to wild loads.
FWIW, the holes in and out with the Keith look like paper punch holes...the LFN's at the same speed don't leave holes any bigger.

If the LFN mimics the "Keith" design, then it probably isn't really a Keith bullet -- that term is misused more than "LBT-style." The 429421 has a rather smallish me plat and it shouldn't be expected to produce as big a wound channel as a real LFN. Also haven't found the LFN to be velocity dependent to produce a good would channel. IMHO.

Your tone is and has always been as combative as anybody's. You bring knowledge to the discussion but at the cost of negativity. IMO things were much better before you showed up. Some of your followers are much worse. Whenever jwp or Craig C show up, there's going to be a fight. CC is a relative newbie but is a particularly nasty piece of work. jwp shows up more when you are around. He is technically proficient but a base poltroon when all is said and done. You could post some stupid [bleep] that you knew was wrong and jwp would side up with you. Just how it is.

HawkI is a longtime respected member who I don't always agree with but whom I always read because he knows wth he is talking about.

Mr. Knowledge has show up so

[Linked Image]

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Gee, where to begin. Hawk1 and I rarely trade blows, so if I call him on a post to clarify, I don't see the issue and I doubt he does either. As far as being a longtime respected member is concerned, his presence here predates mine by ONE year. So I guess longtime is a relative term.

So things were better here before I showed up? When, eight, ten years ago? Really?

As far as jwp and Craig are concerned, I have no control, nor say in what they post or what they deem to be right or wrong, and frankly I don't agree in the least with Craig's position on the .44 Mag versus .45 Colt which is actually the topic of this thread before it got derailed. So, try again.

Now, on another note, what negativity is it that I bring here? I see you clashing with more members here than most in your 35,000 + posts and frankly I wonder sometimes why you are weighing in on the "tone" of this discussion and not the content.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

Bovine Bullet Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtZky8T7-k&t=35s

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Damn, Max, I've had EE on "ignore" for some time, and you went and quoted him so I sort of HAD to see what he posted!

(And NO, doesn't mean I have any problem with Max!)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I already weighed in. I consider HawkI a friend here on the fire. As far as when you showed up, I could GAS. You're not really a regular poster and neither is jwp. Whenever y'all show up, things turn nasty. You think I'm negative because I'm negative to you and the other two mentioned. Doesn't matter who "predates" who, HawkI's 16k posts outnumber yours ten to one and he probably mostly posts on this forum. I'm not going to bandy words with you all day, but it's just my opinion. Things almost always turn negative when YOU show up, not HawkI, and the other two [bleep] seem to follow you around licking at your heels just like that other retard who used to think the sun rose and set in your ass.

Sorry for the straight talk. Over and out.

Edited to say: I take sole responsibility for this even though mentioning HawkI. As the politicians say, the views here are my own. One more thing...even though your posts consistently have a negative tone (and that's what really struck me wrong, you taking somebody else to task), the other two morons are more at fault than you. You just seem to attract assmunches for acolytes.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 02/22/16.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I already weighed in. I consider HawkI a friend here on the fire. As far as when you showed up, I could GAS. You're not really a regular poster and neither is jwp. Whenever y'all show up, things turn nasty. You think I'm negative because I'm negative to you and the other two mentioned. Doesn't matter who "predates" who, HawkI's 16k posts outnumber yours ten to one and he probably mostly posts on this forum. I'm not going to bandy words with you all day, but it's just my opinion. Things almost always turn negative when YOU show up, not HawkI, and the other two [bleep] seem to follow you around licking at your heels just like that other retard who used to think the sun rose and set in your ass.

Oh, so it's post count that you're alluding to. I see. So, unless I spew prolifically in every thread, whether I have something to add or not, I am not a "regular" here. I get it. No, Ethan, your 36,000 + posts only indicate that you spend entirely too much time on the internet, whether you want to face that fact or not is really up to you. I only post when I feel I have something to add, unlike you, evidently.

And what do you attract? I don't see you adding much but arguing over something unrelated to the topic at hand. You sir, are a hypocrite of the highest order.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

Bovine Bullet Test

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Edited to say: I take sole responsibility for this even though mentioning HawkI. As the politicians say, the views here are my own. One more thing...even though your posts consistently have a negative tone (and that's what really struck me wrong, you taking somebody else to task), the other two morons are more at fault than you. You just seem to attract assmunches for acolytes.

Hey ethan have you ever taken anything with a handgun besides a buffet?

Hawk and I have never disagreed before so you are full of BS as usual, but please carry on.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mikewriter
Damn, Max, I've had EE on "ignore" for some time, and you went and quoted him so I sort of HAD to see what he posted!

(And NO, doesn't mean I have any problem with Max!)

Mike, I hope you will accept my deepest apologies.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

Bovine Bullet Test

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M

[Linked Image]

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Oh, so it's post count that you're alluding to. I see. So, unless I spew prolifically in every thread, whether I have something to add or not, I am not a "regular" here. I get it. No, Ethan, your 36,000 + posts only indicate that you spend entirely too much time on the internet, whether you want to face that fact or not is really up to you. I only post when I feel I have something to add, unlike you, evidently.

And what do you attract? I don't see you adding much but arguing over something unrelated to the topic at hand. You sir, are a hypocrite of the highest order.
At least you understood that all I respect is somebody's post count. lol Have a good day.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jwp475

Hey ethan have you ever taken anything with a handgun besides a buffet?

Hawk and I have never disagreed before so you are full of BS as usual, but please carry on.

I never said anything about you and HawkI disagreeing [bleep].

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I will, indeed. I have always appreciated your posts, and benefited from you sharing some of your knowledge here. Only problem I've ever had was the sinful envy the photos of most of your revolvers brought out in me!

Sure seems to be much too much sniping at each other going on from some quarters. (Some) People will be people, I guess?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

At least you understood that all I respect is somebody's post count. lol Have a good day.

Well, you said I'm not a "regular" here despite eight years being a member and posting here -- mainly in this forum. You even stated: "HawkI's 16k posts outnumber yours ten to one and he probably mostly posts on this forum." So, how is one to interpret that statement Ethan?

But you are a hypocrite in that it is you who has brought negativity to this thread (as well as others - who I have NO control over despite the obvious desire on your part for this to be the case).

Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever clashed with Hawk1, so what is the issue here? Really, what is it?

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

Bovine Bullet Test

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Wtf Whitworth? Post count does have meaning and when you try to equate yourself to another member because you've "been here" (another thing that most decry as having no meaning) almost as long, but the other dude has ten times as many posts, it means he's probably "here" more than you. Get it? Or not. You just seem to attract more clowns than a three ring circus too. "Mikewriter" another dude that has been here like two or three years and for some reason has me on ignore. Anyway, have a nice day discussing meplats and comparing who has killed the most civet cats.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Wtf Whitworth? Post count does have meaning and when you try to equate yourself to another member because you've "been here" (another thing that most decry as having no meaning) almost as long, but the other dude has ten times as many posts, it means he's probably "here" more than you. Get it? Or not. You just seem to attract more clowns than a three ring circus too. "Mikewriter" another dude that has been here like two or three years and for some reason has me on ignore. Anyway, have a nice day discussing meplats and comparing who has killed the most civet cats.

No, it doesn't -- let me rephrase that, it counts to folks with high post counts. It only means that you (or someone else) feels the need to weigh in on many topics. It means you feel you have to share your opinion whether or not you have something to say or add. That is what it means. My post count doesn't reflect my time here. I just don't post unless I feel I have some value to add. That doesn't mean I don't come here to see what is being discussed. This is where you and I differ the most. I am not going to waste much time talking about BS as quite frankly not only do I not have the time (typically), but I don't have the desire to weigh in.

I cannot and do not have control over who posts on this forum or anywhere else. Why are you taking cheap shots at Mike? Because he has only been here a couple of years his opinion is suspect? This hierarchy you are trying to create based in post count is precisely the type of BS that keeps many would-be productive posters away from so many forums. Don't equate your propensity to spew incessantly with credibility, because I can assure you they are unrelated.

Your last snide remark brings us almost back on topic, which was the .44 Mag versus the .45 Colt - FOR HUNTING. Weigh in -- if you can. No one is measuring animal body counts (is that like post counts, Ethan?), but nose profiles and bullet types -- weigh in if you have something to add. But if you don't you probably will anyhow as you can add to your post count.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

Bovine Bullet Test

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

[Linked Image]

I hope that's a 44 Manglem; because if it's a 45 Colt, it might not do more than ruffle his hair wink

The 'Ignore' feature is one of the best ideas Al Gore had, when he invented the internet.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

[Linked Image]

Anyone notice the cylinder release? Picture is reversed.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
yea. a lefty S&W LOL

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Colo_Wolf

[Linked Image]

Anyone notice the cylinder release? Picture is reversed.

So that dog is actually white and black instead of black and white?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
...and a 3 1/2' Model 27, at that.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 270wsmnutt, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,825 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,597
Posts18,532,523
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.