Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Idared
I myself would prefer something more like "machinery" and not just "tractors". Case in point, where I live self propelled swathers ,balers and harrow beds are very popular machines and none has a tractor associated with them.

I also do like the "Rural Living" topic.

Instead of Tractors , how about machinery. Include hydroponic and auto watering/drip irrigation equipment....

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RickBin
I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by the response here.

Ok, let's talk about the name and topic breadth.

"Rural Living"

"Farms, Food Plots, Gardens, and Tractors"

????

Rural living is fine.

Perhaps add "livestock" to the mix. Lots of people have lots of animals, from chickens to cows.

Thank you, Rick!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I'm all for it.

F
Frm Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Garden/farm forum sounds good

"We've had enough of exhortations to be silent! Cry out with a hundred thousand tongues! I see that the world is rotten because of silence!"
St. Catherine of Sienna
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Bout time!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All this can be found over at Mother Earth News. laugh

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

"Rural Living"

"Gardens, Tractors & Tillers"

????

Last edited by Middlefork_Miner; 02/23/16.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I'm in.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing
I might even suggest that it would be named somehow to honor Mr. Coleman. He would be all over it!

"Colemen Country"

I like the idea, be a great forum, go for it!

"The day I went to work everybody showed up to watch Johnny Luster work. Well, they had a wheelbarrow there, and said I was to push that thing around all day. I looked at it, then turned around and headed for the mountians..."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like "Back to Basics" or "rural living"

encompasses everything from working on old farm machinery, canning meat, raising chickens to trapping fish in the wild and starting fires with a rope and a stick. Not to mention everything in between. I know I'll really get into it! Thanks Rick!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad

"Rural Living"

"Farms, Food Plots, Gardens, and Tractors"

????

Rick,

Whatever name folks come up with I'll be visiting/posting.

If there's posts about combines, balers, and other industrial equipment, I'll just have to wade through them. Not my area of interest. I'll not be interested in which spray is better for my 5000 acres of soybeans either, but maybe some folks are. (I don't have 5000 acres of soybeans.... or anything else either smile )

Chickens, pigs, family small scale beef production, goats, bees, "truck farms", family gardens, that kind of thing will be what I'm looking for.

Topics more along the lines of self sufficiency rather than industrial farming are what I was thinking would work for me.

Then again, there's a number of forums I rarely if ever visit, so whatever you and the folks come up with, I'll be sure to visit often.

Thanks,

Geno
I'd say to semi-limit it to home or hobby-business stuff. A guy who has a few bee hives or a few fruit trees to sell stuff at a farmers market would qualify but not a full blown business. Most of us aren't farmers. We're hobbyists.
At the same time, info about pesticides or irrigation on a large scale is also applicable to hobby farming so that needs to be considered.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd like it. I've always posted about the gardens, tractors, fruits we use (domestic and wild), tractors and other machinery. Helpful hints for growing things are always appreciated.

I'm not one of the "big boy" farmers, but I like reading their post and seeing pics of their operations.

I'm in!

(one suggestion- no politics allowed)

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I'd say to semi-limit it to home or hobby-business stuff. A guy who has a few bee hives or a few fruit trees to sell stuff at a farmers market would qualify but not a full blown business. Most of us aren't farmers. We're hobbyists.
At the same time, info about pesticides or irrigation on a large scale is also applicable to hobby farming so that needs to be considered.

Really?

Then I would certainly not contribute, with that sort of regulation on a forum.

By the same line of thinking, we should also prohibit someone that makes their living in the firearms industry from posting in the shooting forums.

Here's a clue for you...

People that want advice on how certain things work, and why they work that way, are not going to seek that advice from other beginners. The input of people that actually know the mechanics of a specialized subject are the most valuable part of the discussions.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Really?

By the same line of thinking, we should also prohibit someone that makes their living in the firearms industry from posting in the shooting forums.

Here's a clue for you...

People that want advice on how certain things work, and why they work that way, are not going to seek that advice from other beginners. The input of people that actually know the mechanics of a specialized subject are the most valuable part of the discussions.

I was thinking of a similar reply as you posted this one. Who better to appreciate free advice from but someone who has toiled and suffered with hard work and mistakes yet became successful in building a Full Blown Operation? These are the guys you WANT to share advice and experience because apparently they know their stuff and have already proven it!

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by roundoak

True...but all the sources and propaganda at Mother Earth News are from "the other side of the aisle". smile

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bugout4x4
Originally Posted by roundoak

True...but all the sources and propaganda at Mother Earth News are from "the other side of the aisle". smile

Oh, make no mistake... The other side of the aisle is here too.

I see them post daily. sick

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bugout4x4
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Really?

Here's a clue for you...

I was thinking of a similar reply as you posted this one. Who better to appreciate free advice from but someone who has toiled and suffered with hard work and mistakes yet became successful in building a Full Blown Operation? These are the guys you WANT to share advice and experience because apparently they know their stuff and have already proven it!
Cant anyone read a 2d paragraph?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Cant anyone read a 2d paragraph?

I read the entire post before I posted mine.

It still reads like you don't want much input from those that do it for a living. Your first sentence states that clearly.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by maggie
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing
I might even suggest that it would be named somehow to honor Mr. Coleman. He would be all over it!

"Colemen Country"

I like the idea, be a great forum, go for it!

I was gonna' toss in "Coleman's Corner". I'll always cherish the memory of playing tech adviser at a distance when he repowered his Troybilt horse.

Jeez, I miss him and his postings.

I've got Troybilt Horse boneyard here, for any Fire types that come up short of parts,....

"Tractors, Implements, and Equipment" should cover the gamut of traditional and brand spankin' NEW tech that's proliferated and will continue to. WTH CARES what the header says, ....ALL of that will inevitably be turning up.

Mother Earth News is / has become an F'n liberal yuppie JOKE,.....and I expect we'll see REAL, and better savvy, here.

Hell if guys want to jaw about vintage tractors, what's the harm eek in THAT ? crazy I've built and operate my place with vintage iron, and am no big fan of throwaway plastic chit, myself.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
yes, I am in and interested
phil

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

621 members (160user, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 65 invisible), 2,356 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,827
Posts18,477,918
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.