Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
WRO Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by JGRaider
You still couldn't be more wrong.

Name a good one, at least equal to a meostar..

GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
WRO,

Schott has several dozen glass factories all over the world, including China. Are you saying Schott factories outside of Germany make schitt glass?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mule Deer,

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. You can overcome ignorance with information. But ignorant prejudice is stuck like glue.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Hopefully for WRO's sake, his comments were made out of ignorance.

And I hate to answer ignorant questions, but the optics on the Vanguard Endeavor EDII, Zen Ray Prime ED, Bushnell Elite Prime ED, Leupold McKinley ED, Bushnell Legend ED, and Leupold Mojave Pro Guide ED are all fantastic.

He probably doesn't realize that a Zeiss Conquest HD binocular is made by Kamakura, Japan, either.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
W
WRO Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Hopefully for WRO's sake, his comments were made out of ignorance.

And I hate to answer ignorant questions, but the optics on the Vanguard Endeavor EDII, Zen Ray Prime ED, Bushnell Elite Prime ED, Leupold McKinley ED, Bushnell Legend ED, and Leupold Mojave Pro Guide ED are all fantastic.

He probably doesn't realize that a Zeiss Conquest HD binocular is made by Kamakura, Japan, either.

You have low standards for your optics, I excluded the conquests on purpose as 1.They don't have schott german glass, and 2. they kinda suck for the price point.

I've looked through most of those, same [bleep] glass, different package. Adaquate for a guy who hunts in the whitetail woods, not work a [bleep] out west.

Last edited by WRO; 02/29/16.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
You've gone from ignorant to clueless very quickly.

W
WRO Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
WRO,

Schott has several dozen glass factories all over the world, including China. Are you saying Schott factories outside of Germany make schitt glass?

For what I do, and my hands on experience in the field, they're not in the same league. Schitt maybe a harsh take, but great or even good is not words I would use to describe any of the listed examples, they are all plagued by CA, Edge distortion, tinted colored view, and they don't do detail well.

If you can glass 6 hours a day with a set without eye strain and fatigue sustained for a week, then its a good set of glass, from my experience, I haven't used a set of Asian glass that won't burn your eyes out. I'll have a set of highlanders to use this upcoming season so that'll neat to try out.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
So why don't you tell us which binoculars use Schott glass from China, and which binoculars use Schott glass from elsewhere that you have done all these field comparisons with. Should be interesting.

W
WRO Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
So why don't you tell us which binoculars use Schott glass from China, and which binoculars use Schott glass from elsewhere that you have done all these field comparisons with. Should be interesting.

I get it, you have low standards for glass and what you find to be "Quality" and "Good" I think is dog [bleep]. I've looked through several of the "quality" pieces of glass you mention, I could see bulls through my not [bleep] german 8's that you could not see through the 10 power Zen Ray's my client brought elk hunting. The mojaves have so much edge distortion, 30% of the lense is unusable. The chinese made Terras, which have chinese made schott glass, in them have absolutely no redeeming qualities.

If they work for you, that's your deal, just don't try and tell people your Daewoo is a BMW..

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by WRO
just don't try and tell people your Daewoo is a BMW..

Okay, that right there was funny! grin

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I have a sense of humor, and that was funny. However, he's gone from ignorant, to clueless, to living in dreamland.

The more you think you "get", the farther you "get" from reality. My low standards include SV's, SLC HD's, Kowas, Meopta S2's, Leica's, Gold Ring HD's, etc, etc etc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WRO,

Since you have experience with binoculars have you had experience with scopes? If so, what is your experience with the Swarovski z5 5-25X52, Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X30, and Leupold VX-6 4-24X52? How do they stack up to you?

Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by WRO
I could see bulls through my not [bleep] german 8's that you could not see through the 10 power Zen Ray's my client brought elk hunting.

I've had over 130 hunters in the field the past 12 years, so I've BTDT. That statement is total BS. If you can't find game through a Zen ED, Mojave ED, Elite ED, etc, it's a glasser problem, not the glass.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My mule deer guide last year was using a pair of Leupold BX-2 Cascades. He was picking out bedded muleys at over 1000yds - he would then have to spend 2-3 minutes explaining to me where they were, till I finally saw them also. His eyes didn't burn out of his head either.

David

W
WRO Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Ringman
WRO,

Since you have experience with binoculars have you had experience with scopes? If so, what is your experience with the Swarovski z5 5-25X52, Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X30, and Leupold VX-6 4-24X52? How do they stack up to you?

Hardly any, I have a z5 3.5x18, a baush and lomb, and and old leupy..

I look through them to kill stuff, nothing more, nothing less.

I've read enough of your posts bashing your z5, you can save me the hassle of retelling it.

W
WRO Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by WRO
I could see bulls through my not [bleep] german 8's that you could not see through the 10 power Zen Ray's my client brought elk hunting.

I've had over 130 hunters in the field the past 12 years, so I've BTDT. That statement is total BS. If you can't find game through a Zen ED, Mojave ED, Elite ED, etc, it's a glasser problem, not the glass.

How big of country do you hunt?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WRO,

Hardly any, I have a z5 3.5x18, a baush and lomb, and and old leupy..

I look through them to kill stuff, nothing more, nothing less.

I've read enough of your posts bashing your z5, you can save me the hassle of retelling it.

So then you agree the new Swarovski is no better than two other brand scopes many years old. Thanks for answering the question.

You answered a question I didn't ask. The question was not about killing stuff. The other guides here seem to find stuff to kill with glass less costly than you need.

I will say the only binoculars that gave me a WOW! experience I think was the Swarovski 8.5X43. I might be off on the size. But when I compared them with my Nikon 7-15X, outside the store, the glass on the Nikons was good enough when I turned up the magnification the Swaros could not keep up.

Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Not sure what you mean, but it's big enough.....

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

W
WRO Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Ringman

So then you agree the new Swarovski is no better than two other brand scopes many years old. Thanks for answering the question.

My z5 is superior to my other scopes in low light and clarity, plus it's light. I would have never bought one, if I hadn't run them side by side.

Go to any outfitter camp in the west, 5 to 1, guys are running German scott glass to everything else.

W
WRO Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I'm confused jg, if cheap Asian glass was just as good, why do I see a set of Swaros and a zeiss spotter in that picture?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (12344mag, 204guy, 1234, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 48 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,767
Posts18,515,428
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.