-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
C
Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions on AR barrel configuration options. We would be more than happy to help answer them!

GB1

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by CriterionBarrels
Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions on AR barrel configuration options. We would be more than happy to help answer them!

Are you guys still using 410? Push button or pull button?

Last edited by constructor; 02/25/16.

"I threw a touchdown pass in the last minute to win the state championship game. I know it was 30 years ago and not relevant to this discussion but it makes me important and believable, it's the only great thing I even accomplished"
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by Bluemonday
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Ed I have one in a 6.8 SPC I hunt with, TWR does have a procedure to replace the stamped brad but I don't have the skills or tools (I think) to do that. All my other guns have factory trigger or Geislee

Dremel out the rivet and replace with a piece of SS rod cut just long enough to fit inside the lower. Don't recall the rod diameter but I'm sure its on the internet somewhere.

Why? Does the rivet fail?

Last week everyone here was recommending these triggers. This week they need work apparently. First I've heard about it, but it's hard to keep up with this stuff.

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
There are thousands of them out there that work fine but at one time there were some that came out. ADCO figured out the cure and I simply copied it after having one work loose.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

here is nutnfancy talking about RRA again recently. IMO RRA is behind the times with alot of their stuff, I will say that. They could be alot more cutting edge with their handguards and other parts. They also tend to offer most of their guns with heavier barrels. but the advantage to that I say is they shoot cheap ammo very well. wolf shoots 1.25 moa in mine. heck even the green tip military ball shoots about that good. everything is close in POI, simply put just grab whatever you want to shoot ammo wise and head out for the desert.

I have had great luck with their other parts. I use the BCG's and lower parts kits in other builds with no issues.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FishN4Eyes
Hi gents,

I said I'd never buy one but I've been throwing it around.

I have a ton of bolt action rifles but I don't know diddly schit about AR's and would appreciate some advice.

Primarily hunting coyotes here in Montana so cold weather dependability a must.

Will be mounting a good scope on it as well.

Any advice or steerage would be much appreciated.

Willing to spend up to $2k if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Fish,

There's tons to choose from but recently I had the opportunity to run a Turner Tactical AR. He's a one man operation and his rifles are the bomb. His prices are competitive which is a plus.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Barrels are heavy, hand guards suck, stocks break yet they magically shoot crap ammo into MOA.

Wow! Just wow!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
of course if some internet "nut" job says something is good then it must be good. Mostly I review my own gear and I have reviewed a copy of a RRA rifle, it was "ok" but at the same price as a Colt 6920 why bother.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I've had 2 factory RRA's. I didn't run either hard, as I just predator hunt and shoot for fun with most of my rifles, but no problems with functionality at all. But I'm talking 100's of rounds not 1000's. At the time I was using these I didn't even know staking of the gas key could be a problem though..

The barrels on some of the RRA rilfes are heavy and their older hand-guards are definitely too heavy. But I don't mind the operator adjustable or fixed stocks though, still have one of each. Both rifles shot very well, the predator pursuit 20" upper was still the most accurate semi auto I've had. But it was heavy, so I sold it.

At this point I'll build any plinking/hunting rifles myself because I enjoy doing it, but the rifle I own in case I ever get around to any "hard use" is one of these:

http://www.usamade-ar15parts.com/product-p/cqb-moe.htm

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by FishN4Eyes
I was hoping to find something that was a "turn-key" purchase.

Hell, I'm not familiar with half of the terms being tossed out there...

i'm much the same way myself. folks build for cost savings, better parts or just the satisfaction, but there's nothing wrong with writing a check and walking out with a rifle. if i wanted to spend 2k on a rifle i'd check the more reputable manufacturers sites and get an idea of the retail. then i'd see if it was available locally or find out where to order it.

oh yea... then i'd shoot the hell out of it and post pics smile

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I appreciate the info guys.

Still looking but there's been a lot of good info posted so thanks for the help.

Not exactly which way I'll go.

I looked at a RRA yesterday and it looked OK.

They also had an EMCO (?) that looked OK. From researching I thought they mainly made parts but it was advertised and marked as an EMCO.

Anyhow, I'll keep making headway on this and thanks again.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For the money you are willing to spend i would be looking at DD, LMT, Northtech, BCM etc. Lots of great options under 2k

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I checked out white oak armament and they even have an upper they called a predator model with a 20" barrel. Looks like a good option.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
White Oak Armament barrel's shoot good and they are great to do business with.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
For something different but that is interesting you could look at:

https://www.kaiserus.com/product/ksp-x7-fusion-rifle-system-tier-2/

About 5 pounds in weight.

Retired cat herder.

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
$1500 for a plastic AR?

I'd pass if it was half the price.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I am with you TWR no thanks on the plastic AR.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimmyp
of course if some internet "nut" job says something is good then it must be good. Mostly I review my own gear and I have reviewed a copy of a RRA rifle, it was "ok" but at the same price as a Colt 6920 why bother.

If it's your first one and you don't know which way to turn, I'd follow jimmy's advice. You can play around with the options for your second one but get a good one in the stable first.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by deere2320
I am with you TWR no thanks on the plastic AR.....

I don't have one. Robar likes them. 70,000 rounds through one and 50,000 through another without receiver problems.
And, a LEO friend really likes his.

For a first one I'd go Colt, Bravo, Daniel Defense or Noveske.

Retired cat herder.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Some guy on another forum just got a new Armalite and was very happy. Wylde chamber, 2 stage and he claims it is very reliable.

By coincidence, I handled a Armalite hunter/varmint stainless barrel, wylde, 2 stage last week. If looks and feel count for anything, I was very impressed. They have a wide selection on the website. The model I looked at and liked (and many will not) had a smooth forearm and A2 butt stock.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 12344mag, 160user, 1234, 73 invisible), 2,611 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,824
Posts18,516,791
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.