-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I carry the Springfield XDS 3.3 in 45 acp. Great little pistol for conceal carry.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluemonday
They both suck. Glock 19. Rookies buy G 26's and then trade them for Glock 19's

Pretty much the truth of it whether you like to hear it or not.

G-26/27's really don't carry any better or conceal any easier than a G-19/23........& the bigger gun is FAR easier for MOST people to shoot.

Never had one of the Springfields so I can't comment on it.

I'd get a G-19 & be done with it.

MM

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Take a close look at the FNH FNS 9 and you won't want the Glock or the Springfield. The FNS has better ergonomics, totally ambidextrous controls, real metal sights, better price and 3 17 round magazines standard. You also have a choice if you want a model with a safety or without a safety.

http://www.fnamerica.com/products/handguns/fns-series/fns-9/

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MIVHNTR
Take a close look at the FNH FNS 9 and you won't want the Glock or the Springfield. The FNS has better ergonomics, totally ambidextrous controls, real metal sights, better price and 3 17 round magazines standard. You also have a choice if you want a model with a safety or without a safety.

http://www.fnamerica.com/products/handguns/fns-series/fns-9/
Glocks come with three mags, too.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Lots of good stuff here. Thanks guys. I'll let you know what I decide on when the time comes.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you like a fugged-up grip angle, a slicker grip area and bulged brass, by all means, get a Glock.

If you like the idea of having a carry gun with one of the best feeling and best contoured grips, along with great reliability and brass you can actually reload, get the Mod.2.

I was a Glock owner for years, but when I tried the XD years ago, I left the cult and moved to Springfield. The newer XD Mod.2 is even more of a good thing.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
In my case, the only Glock I ever had bulged brass in, was the Glock 20, 10mm, with PMC ammo.

Never been an issue with the 9, 40, or 45.

Grip angle was a little off for me, on my Gen2's. Fixed that with some sanding on the rear hump.

The Gen4 has some grip shape adaptability with the exchangeable backstraps. Not a bad thing.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Lots of good stuff here. Thanks guys. I'll let you know what I decide on when the time comes.
Keep in mind also that Glock, being the standard of its type, has tons of accessories made for it, and easily available at reasonable price. A gun like the FNS9, on the other hand, doesn't, and when you can find an accessory (each mag, for example, is about $40.00 vs a Glock mag which is less than half that price), they are typically more expensive. Also, anyone can quickly learn how to fully break down and service a Glock in short order, due to its ingenious simplicity. The FNS9 is more complicated.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I am a total pistol newb(previously just had a 629...) but last December bought a 3.8" XDM, it was sweet so last week I bought a 3" Mod2. Both 9mm.

Shot the little Mod2 yesterday.

IMHO it's ube.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Keep in mind also that Glock, being the standard of its type, has tons of accessories made for it, and easily available at reasonable price. A gun like the FNS9, on the other hand, doesn't, and when you can find an accessory (each mag, for example, is about $40.00 vs a Glock mag which is less than half that price),

The Springer comes with a fair number of quality accessories packed in it's carry case.

Anyone looking for a carry pistol will do themselves a disservice if they buy before trying the Springfield Mod2.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I am a total pistol newb(previously just had a 629...) but last December bought a 3.8" XDM, it was sweet so last week I bought a 3" Mod2. Both 9mm.

Shot the little Mod2 yesterday.

IMHO it's ube.

[Linked Image]

Sweet pic Sammo! How did that fuel tank fair after you used it as a back stop? smile

I like what some are saying about the Mod 2. I'm definitely going to check it out.

OH and how was the trigger pull? I've read it sucks. What are your thoughts?

Last edited by Rooster7; 02/28/16.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R7,

I put 3 100 round boxes of hardball through a Mod2 .45 recently. It is far and away the best trigger I have experienced on a striker fired pistol.

I also recently handled a lc9s pro at a local shop. also a very good trigger.

Either one of these beat every glock or kahr that I have tried. The S&W M&Ps aren't too shabby either. I'd try them all if I were you and make an informed decision.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by johnw
R7,

I put 3 100 round boxes of hardball through a Mod2 .45 recently. It is far and away the best trigger I have experienced on a striker fired pistol.

Either one of these beat every glock or kahr that I have tried. The S&W M&Ps aren't too shabby either. I'd try them all if I were you and make an informed decision.

Good to know! Thanks John!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by johnw
R7,

As to the LC9S Pro vs the single stack Glock, I agree completely. Haven't tried the Springfield yet.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I freely admit I'm a Glock slut. There is no handgun that matches the Glock for yanking something out of a hidden holster when the s.hit hits the fan and start shooting. No external safeties or decockers that get confused for safeties for the folks that don't practice near enough but still carry concealed (like my wife). I bought my daughter a G17 for her concealed carry weapon and I bought my wife a G19 for her concealed carry weapon. That was my first time to shoot a G19 and I am very impressed with the shootability of the G19. It was more comfortable to carry AND shoot than the Glock 17. I know it shouldn't be given the dimensions of both pistols, but there ya go. I'm going to have to buy two more G19s; one for me and one for my daughter. Glock, probably by accident, came up with the perfect balance of firepower, shootability and concealability in the G19.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rooster, trigger pull was fine for me(rookie).

3-4 different types of ammo and it functions fine.

Basically zero practice and it is 'easy' to shoot(if you shoot slowly)....grin.

7-10 yard and under type of deal.

Last edited by SamOlson; 02/29/16.
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Sam, Have an older XD bought about 2007 it is a .40.. Haven't shot it in a number of years.. But it has never malfunctioned.. Have a couple Glocks also.. For me it is a toss up.. I need to shoot them both the same day.. Some times I wish I had bought the 9 and 45 in XD's, but variety is the spice of life they say..

Molon Labe
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Rooster, per our txt conv earlier I assumed you were talking XD-S 3.3" (single stack) that's why I was comparing to the G43

I had single stack on the brain, sorry and I hope I didn't confuse you with my comments.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Not at all. I figured you were talking about the XD-S

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I just went and fondled a few guns.

Here are my initial impressions of the ones I looked at:

Springer mod.2 (nice)
XDS (pretty nice)
G19 (OK)
G26 (ok sort of)
LCR (Yuck)
J-Frame (Double Yuck)

And then they showed me a S&W M&P Shield Performance edition with the upgraded sights and the ported barrel.

I likey that muches with the Mod.2 a very close second.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

316 members (1lesfox, 160user, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 25 invisible), 1,922 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,842
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.