Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
New to me recently and bought it on a whim. Nice basic rifle. Just got the little Nikon ProStaff 3-9x BDC mounted today... going to try to get to the indoor range this week and test drive it.

I have custom pillars coming for it, so I can get the action rock solid in the stock.

Anyone else here shooting one of these?

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a CZ 452 Lux that I picked up a year ago. I haven't had a lot of opportunity to shoot it much until last week. It shoots quite well (bone stock). I'm hoping the action slicks up with more use though.

Bought a 10 shot mag for it yesterday in preparation for gopher season. They had a 25 round one there as well, which looked ridiculous IMO. The 10 round looks bad enough...

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
C
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Thanks for the reply Sam! Glad to know you have a 452 Lux. This is my first and only CZ.

I agree on the higher capacity mags. Not interested in those, so I bought two more 5 rounders but in steel, instead of poly.

By the way, I should have mentioned above, that I used Warne .22 high steel 11mm compatible mount/rings for the Nikon rimfire BDC scope. They allow adequate bolt handle clearance and are maybe a touch high but should work fine.

Because of the interchangeable barrel setup, I took mine apart and checked the torque on the barrel retention screws and they were too tight from the factory, so I reset them to 40in-lbs. Likewise, I torqued the action screws to 20in-lbs, to see how it shoots without pillars or bedding.

I stripped and cleaned the bolt and action and re-lubed with Rem Oil. Got my Lyman trigger pull gauge out and the with a snap cap in the chamber, it cleanly breaks at 3lbs 4ozs every time. Should be okay to start with.

Last edited by CheckSix; 02/24/16.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a 455 Varmint that I have been playing with. The trigger is very good as it came from the factory. Kind of a busy picture, but you get the idea:

[Linked Image]

The scope is a Weaver Classic V-24 in Warne mounts. I am still trying to find the ammo that it likes best. So far, the Eley Target from Remington and the Fiocchi Exacta Winter have performed the best, but I would appreciate other recommendations from satisfied CZ veterans.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I picked up a 455 Varmint in 22LR on a impulse buy a year ago or so. I mounted an extra Burris FFII 3-9x40 I had laying around in CZ factory mounts.

It seems to like Federal Gold Medal 40gr Solids the best.

I also have a 452 American and a 452FS full stock model and they all shoot very well.

Great little rifles. I think you will love it!

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

IC B2

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ben, you need to bring that to Armijo Springs in July.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
C
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
mudhen / Seven Heaven,

Thanks! Good to know.

Will report back my initial results in a few days.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Owl
Ben, you need to bring that to Armijo Springs in July.
Jeff,

I intend to bring it. You may not have noticed, but that was what I was shooting in the Turkey Rim Shoot at Tonto Basin last weekend. As noted, I am hoping to find some ammo that it likes a little better... smile

Ben

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a 455 that I love.....it's a fun little gun to shoot

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Shot my 452 Lux today. 10 rounds of Winchester bulk pack at 20 yards, open sights, bone stock.

[Linked Image]

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
IC B3

C
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Great job!

Got all my chores done today, so I'll go shoot my 455 Varmint tomorrow.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
shot mine today with CCI SV ammo at 50 yds with the Nikon 3-9x40mm BDC scope.

I think it did okay... this is a 5 shot group with one flyer low and to the left slightly. All included, it's 1/2 inch. Not bad for a bone stock 455 Varmint.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by CheckSix; 02/28/16.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That'll get the job done!

SS

-Henry Van Dyke
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by mudhen
I have a 455 Varmint that I have been playing with. The trigger is very good as it came from the factory. Kind of a busy picture, but you get the idea:

[Linked Image]

The scope is a Weaver Classic V-24 in Warne mounts. I am still trying to find the ammo that it likes best. So far, the Eley Target from Remington and the Fiocchi Exacta Winter have performed the best, but I would appreciate other recommendations from satisfied CZ veterans.

Ben,

Not a CZ but my Clark barreled 10-22 I shot in Arizona really likes Aquila Pistol Match.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I bought a 452 about 13 years ago to replace my Mossberg 144LS as my primary small game rifle. I was getting ready to go over seas so it went into storage with the rest of my guns. After I came home and retired from the military I finally got it to the range. I did not mess with it, I just started shooting it as it was right out of the box and it shot great.
I heard there was a design change and now it is the 455. I like mine just the way it is.
It was well worth the money and I'm sure you will enjoy yours.

Last edited by IMR4350; 03/01/16.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by mudhen

[Linked Image]

Ben,

Not a CZ but my Clark barreled 10-22 I shot in Arizona really likes Aquila Pistol Match.
Thanks, Ed! Just added it to the order list.

Ben

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ben, I have been using Wolf Match Target, and Wold Extra Match. Had best results with the Match Target.

Dennis has been using it too. Did you see his tiny little group ? Too bad he missed the orange dot.

Jeff

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Easy, now...

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (222Sako, 160user, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 007FJ, 63 invisible), 2,264 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,279
Posts18,486,792
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.