Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Had them a couple of years ago. Inside the left ear and the right side of my face. Would not wish it on anyone. Good luck.
Get the antiviral into you quick. The longer they go without being treated the longer it can take to get rid of them.
Bill

You do not have to have had a psychotic episode to work here, it just saves time!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
a good friend has them now on the side of his head. painful stuff. i have another friend that has lime ,shingles and prostate cancer all at once.

dad had shingles on his back when he was taking cancer treatments.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
My wife had them a few years ago and she was told by the doc to get some lidoderm stick-on patches and they helped tremendously. No lasting nerve damage either.

I got the shot shortly aft that.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was told you can only get the shot once so they recommend when you are around 60 years old

My boss got it while on a trip to India. Had to fly on a plan for more than 13 hours with it full blown with just Tylenol or whatever.

They gave him the medicine that attacks your nervous system - I think it was the Nuerontin

At any rate he had for several days on his back and torso - and was still sensitive to touch weeks after the outward sores went away

its nothing to play around with

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can get a doctor to write a prescription for it if you are under 60 and had an issue with it before. I got one at age 44.

Otto is my co-pilot.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
a number of years ago i was in an elk camp in northern colorado and wasn't feeling right, couldn't move my right arm et. I thought i was having a stroke and grandson and i drove back to arizona. saw the quack and he identified it as shingles right away. That prescription is also used to treat herbes which shingles is. The pharmicist said i was going on a list to the state for that prescription. I said you want to see my back? It's not for the short arm, didn't matter.
I couldn't bear wind of water on my skin for a long time. My arm and shoulder were also numb for a long time. And since then, i have developed issues with my upper back with deep aches muscles tightening up and so on. I think it is related to shingles.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Towels soaked with apple cider vinegar are a god send.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I've had them twice, they suck, first time was worse due to me not knowing what was going on and let them get pretty bad before going to see the doctor. 2nd time I knew the feeling and went in right away.

If it is shingles, they will give you some anti inflammatory and some steroids as well as some anti viral meds to get you over the hump. Unfortunately it is still gonna hurt. Keeping it cool with ice packs helped me out. Good luck, feel better soon, and look into getting the shingles vaccine.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
My wife recently had it. Nothing to play with. Get to the doc ASAP! The sooner you are on the meds the better.

Several years back I was drying off after a shower and felt a raw sort of pain like you'd associate with a rash just above waist level on my back. Looked in the mirror and saw the beginnings of a rash. I was sort of on high alert for shingles because Mom and my MIL had both recently had bouts with them. I called up my Dr.'s office, he came on the phone, asked a couple of questions and said, "Come down here RIGHT NOW!" I took off, when I got there they ran me right in, he took one look and handed me a prescription already filled out. He told me to go over and get the stuff and start taking it right there, not to wait until I was home. That's how urgent it was to get the treatment started. Shortly after that the vaccine for shingles came out and I got it. Haven't had any more problems with it.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My daughter had them at 16 years of age, which to my understanding is rare.

She also has Epstein Barr which is like having chronic mono.

Either one can flare up on her if she fails to get the required rest that her body needs.

So... when you over do it, make sure that you get the required rest you need, don't get run down and let your immune system drop.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1badf350, 10ring1, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,549 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,333
Posts18,487,621
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.