Campfire Tracker
M
Another Pachmyer Decelerator vote.

GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
more people have probably had decelerator pads on here due to the fact that mcmillan uses them but look at the kick eez pads also they are a nice pad...

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
McMillan offers either the Limbsaver or Decelerator now. Just received a stock this week that I ordered Jan. 3rd. Order estimate was end of April

Last edited by KenMi; 03/04/16.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Fotis
Basically it is a 378 Bee in the Japanese version (read lightweight). About 8.5 lbs.

I do not want to alter it permanently with a brake this is why I asked.
Thank you.

[Linked Image]

Witt Machine makes a clamp on brake that will help a great deal. A recoil pad is not going to slow the excessive muzzle rise of the gun in question. The german made MarkV in .378 is by far the worst recoiling gun I ever shot! Just a good recoil pad ain't gonna be enough in My humble opinion.

http://wittmachine.co/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=180

Why they sold these without brakes is silly because all .460s came with brakes and the .378s seem to kick more due to lighter weight / higher recoil velocity.

Last edited by wyoming260; 03/05/16.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by pahick
Another rifle you can handle.

Another of your common brainless responses.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Fotis;
Good morning to you sir, I trust this finds you well on this slightly soggy first Saturday in March.

I'll answer from the perspective of a hobby gun tinkerer who installs a fair few recoil pads on either friend's, family's or customer's rifles or shotguns.

IF you need to grind it at all - even a wee bit - then in my experience do yourself a favor and get the Decelerator.

I'm sure there's some magic/secret way to grind the stickier one's somehow, but I can tell you that sticking the stock in the freezer and lubricating it with WD40 only led to me speaking in foreign tongues when I attempted to do an adequate job with one.

Sorry I can't recall if it was a Kick Ease or which of the gummy ones I was working with and honestly perhaps the new ones are better.

I can tell you however that if someone calls me today and asks for a recoil pad installed, the only one's I'll do anymore are Pachmayr. As I say it's a hobby and mode of relaxation for me - and grinding a sticky recoil pad isn't exactly relaxing.... wink

Hopefully that helped and was useful for you or someone out in ether space this morning sir. All the best to you this weekend.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Fotis,

I read the first page and didn't see anyone recommend Hastings Micro-cell. Mine are 1.26" thick. I have three on three rifles. One is a .375-.416 Rem Mag. It produces loads of recoil.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pachmayr makes a pad called XLT "Ultra Soft" Magnum. Don't know if it would fit your application or not, but worth a look. A good pad will reduce the sharpness of heavy recoil and spread it out over time, not reduce recoil like a break will.

"The revolutionary new Ultra Soft pad that Shooters and Gunsmiths will love! Finally, after years of research and testing, Pachmayr engineers have developed a trap pad that's almost 50% softer than the legendary Pachmayr Decelerator. Even better, the new super soft formula has the smooth grinding and installation characteristics of our popular Decelerator pads."

http://www.pachmayr.com/home/XLT-magnum-traps.php

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

The Limbsaver I had installed on my grandson's Rem 600 308 melted mad and made a mess of a very nice gun case. We are replacing it with a Pachmayr Decelerator.

Go with a Pachmayr. You will still be happy you did in 5 or 10 years! laugh laugh

NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
C
CKW Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I bought a Limbsaver slip on pad and a Pachmayr slip on about the same time a several years ago. The Limbsaver was soft and worked well but was much heavier - until it started to melt! Still use the Pachmayr.

As Ringman suggested the Cervelatti MicroCell is an excellent pad. I bought one over a year ago from Brownells and recently went to buy another one and found they didn't carry them anymore. Ringman's post pointed me to Hastings Distributors and I ordered two more yesterday. Thanks, Ringman!

I have several rifles with Decelerators on and they work fine. They look good and seem to last years without melting or getting hard.

I had just screwed a new red Decelerator pad on a stock I'm refinishing when I learned that MicroCells were available from Hastings. The new pad is not yet ground to fit so it will come off the stock and be replaced by a MicroCell.

The MicroCell pad is softer than Pachmayr Decelerators, weight half as much and are much easier for me to install. I have one on an 8 lb. 7mm Mag and it really works to lessen the recoil.

"It is wise, though, to remember above all else: rifle, caliber, scope, and even bullets notwithstanding, the most important feature of successful big game hunting is to put that bullet in the correct place, the first time!" John Jobson
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Kick-EEZ.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I have a Ruger 77/44 with that worthless hunk of hard rubber that Ruger calls a recoil pad. The little rifle kicked like the proverbial mule, installed a Pachmyer Decelerator and it made all the difference in the world. The rifle is now a pleasure to shoot, why Ruger doesn't install them on their rifles is beyond me.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I've had good luck with Limbsaver.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I had a Limbsaver fitted to a 375H&H AFTER they were supposed to have fixed the melting problem. A friend did the same at the same time. Both are melting!

Thanks for this thread, I know what to replace it with.

Cheers, Chris

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Anyone use or have experience with the NECG pads?

Semper Fi

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (16penny, 1234, 10gaugeman, 153, 160user, 10Glocks, 52 invisible), 2,348 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,531
Posts18,472,723
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.