Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by hatari
Summer blends are kicking in. EPA at work. Refineries have to start turning out something like 27 different blends for summer. Read one source that said it was over 40 different blends. Drives up costs.

Yep. A very fast and simple look at Bloomberg Energy's commodity prices over the past 2 weeks will tell a guy that the traders have sent crude, fuel oils, and gasoline skyrocketing over that time period (relatively speaking of course). UL gasoline went up over 11cts/gallon in one day.

Wonder if any of the whiner's here have thought that maybe the OPEC/Iran/Iraq crude output freeze would have anything at all to do with it?

Never mind the facts though.....it's Big Oil's fault.

Last edited by JGRaider; 03/14/16.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JGRaider
maybe the OPEC/Iran/Iraq crude output freeze would have anything at all to do with it?

it's Big Oil's fault.

OPEC isn't Big Oil?

LOL
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Not in my mind. Big Oil to me is Exxon, Chevron, Conoco Phillips, etc.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I blame the Jerk Off's in the Stock Commodities for manipulating the prices as always..... Oh OPEC is freezing production levels, so we better push the prices up for our 'investors'....Grandma has to take a dump, we better push up the price of T.P.... SambObama isn't feeling well, we better jack up the price of aspirin...

Oregon may have gotten as low as $1.60 down our way....that's it... high test might be $2.50 at the major stations, to include dinging ya for 10 cents more a gallon to use your credit card....but then we have 2 guys who own like 90% of the stations in the Rogue Valley in Southern Oregon, so they are forever price fixing the fuel pricing to as high as they can get away with....

Fuel distribution is a scam on the entire west coast...

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Three years ago it was over 4 bux a gallon.Did anyone think this was a permanent reduction?

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Seafire
I blame the Jerk Off's in the Stock Commodities for manipulating the prices as always..... Oh OPEC is freezing production levels, so we better push the prices up for our 'investors'....Grandma has to take a dump, we better push up the price of T.P.... SambObama isn't feeling well, we better jack up the price of aspirin...

Oregon may have gotten as low as $1.60 down our way....that's it... high test might be $2.50 at the major stations, to include dinging ya for 10 cents more a gallon to use your credit card....but then we have 2 guys who own like 90% of the stations in the Rogue Valley in Southern Oregon, so they are forever price fixing the fuel pricing to as high as they can get away with....

It costs the dealer 2.5-3% to take credit cards. Is the dealer expected to "eat" that fee or what?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Democrats need America's oil field workers back on the job, so they don't have to come up with new lies about the employment rate. Election year Ya know. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Its price fixing plain and simple. They've got us by the short hairs and they can do as they like. Nobody has ever come up with an explanation as to why the price jumps by 10 to 15 cents at a whack and only comes down pennies at a time.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

It costs the dealer 2.5-3% to take credit cards. Is the dealer expected to "eat" that fee or what?

owning a business, you include it in the cost of doing business...they already factor that in.. they just add that 10 cents to pick up an extra cost per gallon... in fact, its not unusual locally for it costing a dime extra per gallon for unleaded, 15 cents more per gallon for 89 octane and then 25 to 30 cents or more per gallon for 91 octane...

they're not eating a damned thing... other stations have lower prices to begin with and then don't charge more to use a credit or debit card...

they milk this for all the mileage they can get away with...

no different than if we as consumers, charged them transportation costs, to get down to their station to buy their products in my opinion...

I have no love for oil company marketing people, nor sympathy for them either...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The lowest prices ever got here was 1.55 for unleaded and 1.81 for diesel.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jaytee
Its price fixing plain and simple. They've got us by the short hairs and they can do as they like. Nobody has ever come up with an explanation as to why the price jumps by 10 to 15 cents at a whack and only comes down pennies at a time.

marketing my friend....

we can thank the Feds tho... they are the ones that have allowed all of these oil companies to merge with each other... when their use to be many many more....mergers ended competition...

every one of the big oil companies now, are mergers of several big ones... Exxon-Mobil.. Chevron-Texaco, Philips-Conoco, etc etc etc... spot on with price fixing...

but you can bet your bottom dollar lobbyist paid Politicians quite well to allow this to happen to the American Consumer...

no one enforces the Sherman Anti Trust Act anymore at all..

bet many people never heard of it.... but it wasn't that way once upon a time...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

owning a business, you include it in the cost of doing business...they already factor that in.. they just add that 10 cents to pick up an extra cost per gallon... in fact, its not unusual locally for it costing a dime extra per gallon for unleaded, 15 cents more per gallon for 89 octane and then 25 to 30 cents or more per gallon for 91 octane...

they're not eating a damned thing... other stations have lower prices to begin with and then don't charge more to use a credit or debit card...

they milk this for all the mileage they can get away with...

no different than if we as consumers, charged them transportation costs, to get down to their station to buy their products in my opinion...

I have no love for oil company marketing people, nor sympathy for them either...

Sorry seafire but you're wrong. I'm in the business....I think I know a bit more about it than you do. Premium UL gas is 45cts/gal higher at the rack than 87oct UL gas here, right now. Prices change every evening at 6pm based on the current day's trading on the NYMEX, PLATTS, etc. It's a high volume, low margin game.

Last edited by JGRaider; 03/14/16.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Bout sums it up.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
okay JG, give a fast reason why 91 octane should be that much more expensive than say 87... is there that much more stuff to add to it to increase the octane 4 points?

got a local friend in the business here... maybe not at your level.. he's the accounting VP for a large local distributor...
he's told me that out this way, they can have a truck go and pick up a dual trailer load of fuel... and then the change in the price of fuel comes in to their office, every couple of hours....he's said they can lose $600 to a $1000 dollars on a load of fuel just in the time it take the truck to haul it from the distribution point to their station and put it into the stations tanks...

but as a consumer....commodity brokers are manipulating the pricing, artificially inflating it... and then the oil company's tack on a little extra 'for overhead" ( that is why the prices go up so quick and come down so slowly).. then the local dealers do so also.....

I don't need to be in any particular industry, to know the logistics of price manipulation, changing things and putting a panic in the consumers to jack up pricing...been in the sales and marketing end of things in the medical industry among other things...

perfect example was the Y2K scam....except for the Oil INdustry, every day is the Y2K scam time...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaytee

Or maybe some people choose to not research WHY gas prices fluctuate when crude prices are static.

In the Spring, refineries are doing two things: 1. Maintenance. When demand is low, refineries will take units offline to regular maintenance while demand is low. The lower production and supply drives the price up overnight. 2. Summer blends. There are a huge number of "cocktails" or refining blends from state to state in the summer, so the cost of refining increases.

http://www.nacsonline.com/YourBusin...es-Historically-Go-Up-in-the-Spring.aspx

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
okay JG, give a fast reason why 91 octane should be that much more expensive than say 87... is there that much more stuff to add to it to increase the octane 4 points?

My fast answer would be economy of scale. Just a guess.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That is a wonderful piece put together by marketing people....

every business has an overhead.. and that can change or fluctuate during a yearly basis...but only few industries change their pricing on their products....Food and Fuel are the two biggest that come to my mind at the moment...

but sorry, I look at it like if I took the products I handle in my business.... and adjusted the prices continually up and down...

oh ya know Mr Customer...the price is 5 % higher this week... because I had to clean the garage out this past weekend.. maintenance ya know...

its 10% higher this week, I had to clean my desk off and the printer needed a new ink cartridge...

but don't worry, next week the price will be back down 5% because I don't have to clean the office, my desk off or buy any printer ink for my printer this week...

but next month it will be up 25% in price... I've got to do our contribution to the Clean Air Act, to cut down on Global Warming.. which we do annually, because after all "its for the children"....

Oil Companies didn't have all those price fixing problems until all the major oil companies were allowed to merge by the Federal Government... which I go back to blame on lobbyists, corrupt politicians getting paid off in the back room.. this entire Global Warming Scam, and Speculators being allowed to run amuck...

Just like in the Movie 'Wall Street'.... Gordon Gecho is locked up for doing certain things, but when he is released from prison, those former crimes are all legal...

same thing to do with Merged Banks, and "Too Big to Fail"...

Big Industry and Corrupt Government accommodating them..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
[Linked Image]

Bout sums it up.

so if you are in the oil industry... you're telling us that the Oil Industry and their Marketing Dept are totally different from any other type of business.. and so that everything else we may know about other industry doesn't apply to oil...

and that we all should just believe what the heck we are told, forget anything we know about sales & marketing and just STFU?

Got it! I now stand corrected and am set straight...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No.

I'm saying I don't see how people can expect oil to be extracted in 8000ft of water for a $1.25.

Links have been posted before to read. Big oil had one of the lowest margins of profit in all industries. Who else ties up 400 billion to make 40 billion?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Its the speculators.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (6mmCreedmoor, 10Glocks, AceBall, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 1,683 guests, and 942 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,448
Posts18,528,829
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.