Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 94 of 111 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 110 111
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'd like to say "thank you" to everyone for the hospitality and kindness, especially Dan for setting it up. Roof and Sand Critter were perfect roommates and we never had problems with anyone needing the bathroom. Also, thanks to Roger for the shrimp and Dan for doing up the brisket. It was great. You guys are fine gentlemen.

I guess I had beginner's luck. I killed 4 pigs and 1 coyote. My first pig was wounded in the neck by someone else and was infected, so we had to throw it away, so I got a freebee for target practice. It figures out of 10 pigs, I'd pick the bad one. As much as people rag on me about my Encore 30-06, it performed perfectly with all neck and head shots on the pigs and a good shoulder shot on the coyote.

I believe the protocol for handling firearms by the airlines is that they need to check ID before handing them over to you. When we got to San Antonio, the baggage handler just opened the door and threw out the guns to us and we simply picked them up and walked away without showing ID. That was a little disturbing. When we got to Dulles International, we waited for about 45 minutes for our guns and they never showed. Roof went to the United counter and found that they were scanned off of the plane, so he got a guy to look for them. They were simply sitting back there, but nobody brought them out, so he got them for us. Evidently, there's some jack nut back there that's supposed to do that, but was asleep at the wheel. There was also a third case from another guy there also. I thought his head was going to explode. United Airlines is going to get an email from me as soon as I get caught up with work.

I'm working on my pictures and will have some as soon as I get caught up with work.

I enjoyed it guys, and pencil me in for next year. Thanks.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 03/15/16.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That big boar had some nice cutters, all right. He'd make a decent Euro mount.

I noticed the two pigs I passed up Thursday morning were not spooky. They all grew a lot spookier after folks started shooting. I still laugh when I think of that 8 point buck running the young pigs away from the feeder, even though they were good eating size, and he was out of season smile

I heard they had 200 pigs on the ranch before we got there? We put quite a dent in them smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Im guessing they had more Patrick, and with all the new little ones everyone was seeing there will be a LOT more soon! Plus, the road conditions kept us from getting to three other ranches they hunt!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
One day, I was just getting ready to squeeze on a pig and a shot rang out close by and the pigs ran about 50 yards, but they made a fatal mistake and came back. grin

Ronald Reagan
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Hi All,

Made it to Peoria last night safe and sound. Stopped in Texarkana for a night with tjm10025 then continued on. It was a two day trip and in total drove 1,540 miles back. I also went through all the meat I harvested and dropped off some at the local food bank who were ecstatic about getting some fresh pork for easter today.

Had a great time with all of you and look forward to the next one!

Pictures to follow.

PS: bgcatty nearly keeled over when he saw my shotgun covered in carbon this morning grin .

Life is only as good as the memories we make
IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
The party truck

Yorkies, exotic dancers, not included

[Linked Image]

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
[Linked Image]

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
[Linked Image]

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
[Linked Image]

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Luckiest deer on the face of the earth!

[Linked Image]

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
That big boar had some nice cutters, all right. He'd make a decent Euro mount.

[Linked Image]

Ronald Reagan
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
[Linked Image] [/quote]

Ya'

had a great time and very much enjoyed meeting everyone. Count me in if the roster is not already full for next year.

Being Just Another Porker Perforator From Texas, that hunts the "Petting Zoo" 99% of the time,usually by myself, getting to meet all the folks from the Fire made my hunt. Killing hoglets was a bonus.

[Linked Image]

Pretty good pig if I do say so myself. Forty-five or more hoglets were hung and skinned, but not this guy.

When I walk up to a pig and I can smell him 15' away, I don't bother with the meat. That was the case with this one. The guides said, no thanks, and cut his head off. As it would not fit in Ingwe's carry-on he obliged me with the head. I'm gonna do a European mount!

Thanks Tom.

It was a ball, hope to see you and the gang again next year.

JAPPFT,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MountainGoat0602
Luckiest deer on the face of the earth!

[Linked Image]

No the luckiest one was the buck who ran off the eight pigs, rather than let them go to the feeder smirk Were he in season he woulda died smirk

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
7mmMato with his yote.

[Linked Image]

Winner of the pig dink-a-thon, Colorado Bob.

[Linked Image]

This was my 4th pig. There's nothing like an ice cold Bud Light after a good day hunting.

[Linked Image]

From left to right, Me, Roof, and 7mmMato. This was the night that our guides rack on the back of his truck broke. Sandcritter, 7mmMato and I each killed 1 pig and Roof killed 2. When he picked up me and Sandcritter, Mato already had his pig on the rack. Sandcritter killed a sow that probably weighed 200 lbs. The rack was already lose. We loaded our pigs on there and went to pick up Roof. When we got there, the rack was still hanging on by a thread and Sandcritter's pig was missing. We had to put the pigs in the back of the truck and then go find the missing pig. It was only a few hundred yards away in the middle of the trail laying in about a foot of mud.

[Linked Image]

Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The first morning.

This was my first kill of the trip at first light. 50 yards.

[Linked Image]

About a half an hour after the feeder went off. 80 yards.

[Linked Image]

Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
gotta take a predator call next year...

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
I did....Pat

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I got to watch a mating pair of Cara-Cara's(sp) eat on your coyote for a good while the next day, Brian.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
I did....Pat

-----------

I thought he was blowing kisses.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
gotta take a predator call next year...

I keep one with me at all times... One never knows, right?

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Page 94 of 111 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 110 111

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

312 members (257_X_50, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 38 invisible), 2,296 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,860
Posts18,478,581
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.