Campfire Tracker
G
no

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Chris_EOD
If it came to that, it would no longer be my party. Big no.

---------------------

They shouldn't be anybodies party now -having this discussion should tell everybody that .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Joezone
If the Republican party ignores the voters wishes and shoves establishment Rinos down our throat they can go to hell, fact is they can go to hell anyway.

yea, but they're gonna drag us there, with them!

Originally Posted by cuznguido
Why would you bother to vote? They are mocking us.

i said i wouldn't vote

ked

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 03/16/16.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Awe hell no. I'm ready to crack open the ammo can now.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Yes.

I would vote for anyone over Hillary, even Trump.

In a primary, I would vote for anyone other than Trump.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by plainsman456
The number you are looking is 1237.

NOT the one with the most.
So, if one guy has 1229, and no one else breaks 600, who should get the nomination?

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
As I read elsewhere today, as best I can recall, "The decision to not vote at all is not an act of rebellion, it is an act of submission."

I believe the Republican party has failed it's base, and at this point I could give a rip if the party does implode and tear itself to pieces. It might even be for the best in the long run.

However, I am of the opinion that this election is about the SCOTUS as much as anything else, and I have to believe that any justices nominated by the R side cannot help but be better than any justices nominated by the D side.

The next president (God help us all if it's Hillary) will in all liklihood get to nominate 2 to 3 justices to the SCOTUS. Any nominees by a Dem will shift the court to at least a 6-3 balance in favor of liberal-leaning decisions. Conservative issues will take a beating, including any decisions on the Second Amendment. This is why I will hold my nose and pull the lever for whatever candidate ends up on the Republican ticket.

With that said, even though I'm not a Trump fan in particular, I believe the "will of the people" should be respected. YMMV...

Chris

Last edited by double tap; 03/16/16. Reason: semantics...
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Looks like the same people won't be voting again, again. Who'd a thunk?

I just cannot fathom anyone staying home for this election. If Clinton gets the white house our rights will be washed down the drain.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
With this ticket I would vote against the Democrat. Sadly it's been decades since I voted FOR a presidential candidate.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by double tap
As I read elsewhere today, as best I can recall, "The decision to not vote at all is not an act of rebellion, it is an act of submission."

I believe the Republican party has failed it's base, and at this point I could give a rip if the party does implode and tear itself to pieces. It might even be for the best in the long run.

However, I am of the opinion that this election is about the SCOTUS as much as anything else, and I have to believe that any justices nominated by the R side cannot help but be better than any justices nominated by the D side.

The next president (God help us all if it's Hillary) will in all liklihood get to appoint 2 to 3 justices to the SCOTUS. Any nominees by a Dem will shift the court to at least a 6-3 balance in favor of liberal-leaning decisions. Conservative issues will take a beating, including any decisions on the Second Amendment. This is why I will hold my nose and pull the lever for whatever candidate ends up on the Republican ticket.

With that said, even though I'm not a Trump fan in particular, I believe the "will of the people" should be respected. YMMV...

Chris

Since when does the POUS "appoint" SC Justices??? Nominate maybe but definitely not appoint. Pray the Senate doesn't loose its balls!

"The more I am around people the better I like my dog." Mark Twain
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by cv540
Yes.

R u a publik skoolteecher?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
With this ticket I would vote against the Democrat. Sadly it's been decades since I voted FOR a presidential candidate.

Had to read between the lines, but sadly, that's been the case for quite awhile. Hard to believe it really...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Reluctantly, but yes.

Have said for months, I have my favorite, and I hope he wins, but if he doesn't, I will vote for whomever has an "R" next to his name.

The alternative is far worse than whomever is "R."

Case in point, six months ago when I and others brought up the hugely important issue of the SCOTUS, many of us felt secure that our baby, 2nd Amendment rights, was secure. After all, we have HELLER.

Jump to now. Justice Scalia, our fiercest ally on SCOTUS, is passed, and Obama nominated a very anti-2nd Amendment candidate.

If you don't like whomever has the "R" this time around, then please consider it a vote against Garland and Hillary Clinton. If the prospect of those two don't spur you to hold your nose and vote for the admitted lesser of two evils, then nothing can.

The stakes are huge. Just think about what Garland will do to HELLER in every challenge. I promise you he will find VERY few limitations on gun rights under HELLER to be unreasonable!

I am voting for the R.

I hope it's my candidate. But no matter what, i am voting for the R.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Ulvejaeger
Originally Posted by double tap

The next president (God help us all if it's Hillary) will in all liklihood get to appoint 2 to 3 justices to the SCOTUS. Any nominees by a Dem will shift the court to at least a 6-3 balance in favor of liberal-leaning decisions. Conservative issues will take a beating, including any decisions on the Second Amendment. This is why I will hold my nose and pull the lever for whatever candidate ends up on the Republican ticket.

Chris

Since when does the POUS "appoint" SC Justices??? Nominate maybe but definitely not appoint. Pray the Senate doesn't loose its balls!

Okay, you got me, although you might have noticed the following sentence where I refer to nominees. It's a fair bet, though, that a Republican Congress won't be able to stonewall any Democratic president's nominees to the end of their term.

Chris

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
NO

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If the RNC steals the nomination from Trump it means the end of the GOP and a Hillary Presidency.

The RNC knows that. At this point they're wondering if the survival of the GOP is worth allowing an outsider to become elected President.

I don't think I can give them any credit for being smart. Arrogance has a tendency to over ride how smart someone is. They are the ones willing to let klin ton win. The only alternative is a 3rd party and let the R's deflate themselves. They will have become illegitimate at that point.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Bluemonday
Originally Posted by cv540
Yes.

R u a publik skoolteecher?

No. Bit of an odd question??

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Ringman

I agree!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
No. If they do that they deserve to collapse, and hopefully we can pick up the pieces somehow.

There would never be a recovery. We ran Goldwater in 1964 and got the Great Society; it's still with us. The Trump fiasco is similar in many respects. The big difference is that Goldwater was principled and intelligent, two characteristics not found in the present front-runner.

Running Trump against Clinton, or hand-sitting like brats will burn down the house to kill some rats in the walls.

+1

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (16gage, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 66 invisible), 2,707 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,062
Posts18,501,268
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.