Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Savuti Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
A question for the cognoscenti, and Greg, I'd especially like your take on this.
Glock and M&P advocates need not apply. BTDT.

At a large LGS I recently fondled all the following:
VP9
P320
PPQ M2
FNS

Liked the ergos on all of them. The FN had the nicest trigger, though they were all pretty nice. Was also impressed by the FNX, but I'm in a 12 step program to wean me off DA/SA.
They all have multiple changeable grip configurations. All hold 15-17 rounds, not a deal breaker for me. Price isn't a major consideration, though I can get a really good deal on the Sig.

Don't know which way to go with this. Or maybe I should do the troglodyte thing and get another 1911!
Dare I even try to find a Ruger American?

Thanks for all opinions,
Pete

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Of those listed I like the Sig the least. Mostly because of the low grip/bore axis. They shoot just fine and I like the trigger.

The PPQ and VP9 are so alike, and I really like both.

But honestly you just won't go wrong with any of them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll throw in the H&K P30LS...if you prefer a manual safety

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Savuti
...but I'm in a 12 step program to wean me off DA/SA.

I like DA/SA, so go with a Sig 2022 - best deal out there:

[Linked Image]

Striker-fired with more class and a few more bucks, Kahr TP-9 (single stack 8+1). The TP-9 is flat and compact, carries beautifully, and shoots much easier than the pocket nines:

[Linked Image]

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Why are you against Glock and MP?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I bought the FNH FNS 9 when I was looking for a striker fired handgun. To date, no FTF/FTE and it's a great shooter. BTW, the trigger gets even better with use. I also like the manual safety/no manual safety choice.

The Ruger American felt heavy and cumbersome in the hand, so I passed on it. I owned a Glock 20 and the Glocks are not for me. I don't care for the others for various reasons.

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
The Sig will have the greatest volume of aftermarket parts available if you are interested in playing with it or compeditive endeavors. If your looking to keep it stock I would lean towards the FNS. I would avoid the Walther, traditionally they are not pursued by the American gun industry regarding parts and options such as sights etc.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Price no big deal? Might want to wait for this.....

Kahr TP9 gen2 premium.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Savuti
A question for the cognoscenti, and Greg,

…..kinda a left handed salute there isn't it???? :-)

I'd especially like your take on this.
Glock and M&P advocates need not apply. BTDT.

At a large LGS I recently fondled all the following:
VP9
P320
PPQ M2
FNS

Liked the ergos on all of them. The FN had the nicest trigger, though they were all pretty nice. Was also impressed by the FNX, but I'm in a 12 step program to wean me off DA/SA.
They all have multiple changeable grip configurations. All hold 15-17 rounds, not a deal breaker for me. Price isn't a major consideration, though I can get a really good deal on the Sig.

Don't know which way to go with this. Or maybe I should do the troglodyte thing and get another 1911!
Dare I even try to find a Ruger American?

Thanks for all opinions,
Pete

….of the guns on your list, I only own the 320 and the FNS…..I prefer the options and flexibility of the Sig but like the ergonomics of the FNS better……the trigger on the FNS is better (out of the box) but not enough to make a big difference. The grip is the major thing that I like better on the FN. I've played with the PPQ but never owned one---their trigger seems really nice…….I don't know if you remember Rick Staples from Powder Creek, but he seems to really like the VP and he's in a position to know……Quite honestly, I don't think that there's a nickel's worth of difference between the guns objectively----most of the differences are subjective……..relative to your final comment: you can never go wrong getting another 1911 and you can never enhance your life by acquiring a Ruger….JMO….of course, if I'm not the Greg that you were referring to, please disregard the above!! :-)

PM me if you want more…..

Last edited by gmoats; 03/22/16.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I all most forgot, have you tried the Springfield XD's. They are great pistols, tons of options.

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

"Don't know which way to go with this. Or maybe I should do the troglodyte thing and get another 1911!"

..there you go..answered your own question.

Get one of the new Colt Commanders...all decked out and ready to carry...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I really like the FNs. Wouldn't mind doing a little piddling with a VP9.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

S
Savuti Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks guys, keep 'em coming.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I picked up the 320C in 9mm about 6 months ago. For me, the grip feels like putting on a glove. By far the most comfortable handgun I have ever owned and very easy to shoot as well and the best trigger I have felt on an out of the box striker fired handgun.

We were shooting back over Christmas, me and my family and my neighbor and his family. Ages went from 13 to 50 both male and female. Handguns were Glock 19, Kimber commander, Ruger LCP and Glock 26.

Shooting at steel at 60 feet, most everyones hits were running about 30%. After everyone had shot for a while I got out my 320C and handed it to my neighbors 13 year old son. His hits went to 80+% and everyone else shot it and there hits went up close to 80% as well.

Personally, the Sig is the best striker fired handgun I have ever owned.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by FreeMe

Kahr TP9 gen2 premium.

Holy cow! I like the look of that Kahr TP-9.

The author mentioned the P-45, I love mine and feel the same way he does about it.
I have 3 friends who have bought a P-45 after shooting mine.
A couple of others bought P-40's and a P-9.

I might have to look into one of those TP-9's for my wife and daughter. The double stack guns are way too bulky in the grip for them to get comfortable with them.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
I really like the FNs. Wouldn't mind doing a little piddling with a VP9.

As nice as the VP9 is, it's really not $200 better than the competition, and probably not as good as some of the cheaper guns.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Apparently, those two letters are worth a Benjamin apiece.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Originally Posted by FreeMe

Kahr TP9 gen2 premium.

Holy cow! I like the look of that Kahr TP-9.

The author mentioned the P-45, I love mine and feel the same way he does about it.
I have 3 friends who have bought a P-45 after shooting mine.
A couple of others bought P-40's and a P-9.

I might have to look into one of those TP-9's for my wife and daughter. The double stack guns are way too bulky in the grip for them to get comfortable with them.

Well, speaking of Benjies - better pull a few extra out. I don't know what the price will be on the TP9 gen2, but the gen1 TP9 lists for $700. Holy smoke! The K9 now lists for $880! Glad I got mine early. I paid something just under $350.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

S
Savuti Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Snagged a FNS with safety on Gunbroker for 4 bills yesterday. Still thinking I might have to have the SIG also. We'll see.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,186 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,767
Posts18,495,681
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.