Originally Posted by RIO7
... I find his posts miss leading.without a smile face
ok. you get a smile face for that one laugh

i'm beginning to understand why i'm having this pointless dialogue now

GB1

KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll vouch for Rio. He definitely ain't a keyboard warrior, and he doesn't BS either.

Kelly
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
KMS, Thank You for the kind words. Rio7

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can vouch for djones as well.......if we all need vouching. He may sometimes wear a bandana and a Microsoft shirt to hunt, but he's killed more hogs than anyone else here. That is not debatable.

I once saw him drop his night vision and his 308 AR and take out after a group of pigs - boars and all - with nothing but a knife and a S&W Model 19. I looked up for a second to see a lot of fire coming out of that revolver. There was also a lot of squealing and it wasn't djones making the ghastly sounds. I went back to my fetal position in the floorboard while he continued with the slaughter. I've never seen such carnage as was the end result of Dave's rampage.

When he convinced me to come out of hiding, I found him drinking another Rock Star and we were off to scan the next field for more victims. And that is all a nightly occurrence for him.

Yea. He's killed lots with a 223. And he's killed lots with a 6.5 CM, 338 Lapua, 25-06, bare hands, knives, 12 gauge, and 357. But he's killed countless more with his 308 that's on its 2nd upper. How many here have shot so much that they've worn out an upper? And he doesn't shoot at the range, trust me. 99% of his shots are at hogs.

So just listen/read and learn. And try to excercise a little better comprehension.

That is all.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
M
M
I must admit I was trolling you on my first post. Lol no sarcasm font. Djones does kill lots of pigs and i wasn't being serious about posting pics of your ability. On topic a .223 will do just fine. I've actually killed more pigs with a .223 than anything else. Best bullet I've ever found in the 62gr nosler partition. Now when I move to larger caliber bullets I shoot 100gr cutting edge raptors in my 300blk at 2550fps those work amazingly well. Almost makes it feel like your shooting a larger caliber round. But for the vw sized pigs I choose the .458 socom using 295gr cutting edge at 2280fps if I remember correctly. Again I was just screwing with you before b cause I love when I hear people say you can't kill with a .223. But the 308 or creed are a better option if available. I personally love that djones post pics. I wish I liv d where I could hunt pigs all year. Last trip to Florida I shot many but I am to ugly for pictures so I won't post those.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If there's a potential for multiple running shots at 100 or 150 yards, of which djones makes routinely, i'd go with a flatter shooting 308 with more killing power. If shot placement is iffy, such as with multiple running targets at longer distances, the 223 won't drop them as easily as a 308 will. I don't believe that can really be debated.

The 300 BKT drops like the BB's out of the cheap Daisy lever actions that we used to have BB fights with. Dave tried the round (I believe he used the lighter Barnes offering) on pigs and subsequently got rid of all his Blackout stuff.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Over the years I have used what ever firearm was handy to kill pigs, I would say any round that will kill a pig Quickly is the perfect round,there is no secret to killing pigs. Rio7

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll vouch for Rio. He definitely ain't a keyboard warrior, and he doesn't BS either.

There may be some here that knows more than Blue about killing game, but there ain't a lot of them. Lots of experience there. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
i'll vouch for heaven. he only vouches for the most accomplished, deadliest hog killers... who don't brag or lie about it. and his story is no BS.

yet i don't know if his vouch compares to a vouch from a guy who killed a pig back in 2000 something AND who knows someone who killed an 80 and 100 pounder! the thought of that gives me a chubby.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yet i don't know if his vouch compares to a vouch from a guy who killed a pig back in 2000 something AND who knows someone who killed an 80 and 100 pounder! the thought of that gives me a chubby.

If this was directed at me, as it seems, I have no idea where that is coming from. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RIO7
Over the years I have used what ever firearm was handy to kill pigs, I would say any round that will kill a pig Quickly is the perfect round,there is no secret to killing pigs. Rio7

I know a guy that regularly kills them at close range out of his dining room window with a 22 Mag. Proper shot placement as well as proper feeder placement is a necessity under that scenario. There is no secret as you say. If you can drop multiple running pigs at ranges of 100 + yards with a 223 with regularity, I'm very impressed. But I would like to see pics or better yet, video, of those frequent and regular occurrences. After all.........this is just the internet.

M
M
I as not to impressed with my 300blk when shooting the 125 nosler or Barnes, and I reload d for both but the 100gr raptor is awsome. It actually went from the last at I'd take to the first place f I m walking a lot. Still drops but not as bad. I have taken them out to 265 with it so far. I'm gonna try a doe this year at 300 to see. Just past that is the min velocity for the bullet.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by 257heaven
I know a guy that regularly kills them at close range out of his dining room window with a 22 Mag.

heaven,
you know you can't make that claim without a pic. the rule is... 'no pic, no pig', otherwise you're a LIAR!!!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds good. What is the drop on that bullet at 300?

T
TwoTrax Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Well djones it sure looks to me as you are the pig king!

Heaven has a wall, a gate and strict immigration policy.

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
heaven,
are you trying to get me sent to ban camp? if i disclosed the drop i would be bragging!

miles,
guess you figured out by now that i wasn't referencing your post. sorry for the confusion.

tt,
it's your thread. whatever you say goes!! but i don't kill nearly as many pigs as i used to. certainly not a semi load of pigs. well, ok... if we go back a few years ago, yea maybe i did shoot a few semi loads, but you'll never catch me bragging about it. now we are talking about all at one time, right?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is kinda funny how nobody would have believed you if you didn't have pics.

And the 300 BKT bullet drop question was for Moto.

KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by milespatton

If this was directed at me, as it seems, I have no idea where that is coming from. miles

I believe it was directed at me. I will say that Rio, myself and probably others just don't feel the need to take pictures of every damned pig we kill. But whatever, HE'S THE MAN! whistle

Kelly
KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 257heaven
I can vouch for djones as well.......if we all need vouching. He may sometimes wear a bandana and a Microsoft shirt to hunt, but he's killed more hogs than anyone else here. That is not debatable.

I once saw him drop his night vision and his 308 AR and take out after a group of pigs - boars and all - with nothing but a knife and a S&W Model 19. I looked up for a second to see a lot of fire coming out of that revolver. There was also a lot of squealing and it wasn't djones making the ghastly sounds. I went back to my fetal position in the floorboard while he continued with the slaughter. I've never seen such carnage as was the end result of Dave's rampage.

When he convinced me to come out of hiding, I found him drinking another Rock Star and we were off to scan the next field for more victims. And that is all a nightly occurrence for him.

Yea. He's killed lots with a 223. And he's killed lots with a 6.5 CM, 338 Lapua, 25-06, bare hands, knives, 12 gauge, and 357. But he's killed countless more with his 308 that's on its 2nd upper. How many here have shot so much that they've worn out an upper? And he doesn't shoot at the range, trust me. 99% of his shots are at hogs.

So just listen/read and learn. And try to excercise a little better comprehension.

That is all.

Wow! He sounds positively larger than life!

Kelly
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Motox801
I must admit I was trolling you on my first post. Lol no sarcasm font. Djones does kill lots of pigs and i wasn't being serious about posting pics of your ability. On topic a .223 will do just fine. I've actually killed more pigs with a .223 than anything else. Best bullet I've ever found in the 62gr nosler partition.

Uhhhhh...I'm a .223 on pigs fan too, and Ive done just enough to know Nosler doesn't make a 62 grain partition....

and it looks like I'm wayyyyyyyyy behind djones! shocked

Last edited by ingwe; 03/22/16.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 1lessdog, 160user, 219 Wasp, 47 invisible), 18,620 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,948
Posts18,539,449
Members74,051
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.