Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Anjin Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Here is another data point to factor into thinking about the GOP contest.

It suggests that if the nominee is anyone other than Donald Trump, that nominee will have no chance of winning in the general election and that it would cripple the GOP for the indefinite future.

I understand and sympathize with those who like Cruz, and I do myself, but there seems to be a group of supporters who will feel greatly betrayed if the establishment GOP manages to subvert any popular move to choose Trump, which it very much seems to be trying to do.

http://tinyurl.com/jt64pfb

It is funny to see this, because most of us see Ted Cruz as a huge outsider, but apparently the old guard still feel less threatened by him than by Trump.

Consider this analysis:

“Trump supporters believe that for almost 30 years the politically protected members of the Republican establishment have cut their convenient deals with their Democrat counterparts in Washington for the benefit of their well-connected friends and the moneyed special interest groups which lavishly support both parties. The elite conservatives have always sneered at the ‘poorly educated’ working class who were known as Reagan Democrats then, and who comprise the loyal army for Trump’s political revolution today,” Elchonon wrote.

Elchonon called Trump the “revenge of the working class.”

“Their interests have been abandoned by the political leaders they voted for. The rise of Donald Trump is their sweet revenge. He speaks for them when nobody else will,” Elchonon wrote. “The media and the intellectual elites on both the left and the right have thinly disguised contempt for Trump supporters …”

Trump’s “potent message, mixing populism and nationalism, is reaching across the partisan divide,” Elchonon wrote. “It has ignited the pent up anger and frustration of grass roots Americans, whose fundamental needs and desires have been ignored by their elected leaders for too long. Trump is their duly appointed messenger. In the current attempts by the left and right establishments, with the aid of the media, to kill that messenger, their cynical agenda lies exposed.”

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
GB1

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Sounds about right

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So... if we don't nominate the most hated candidate that's run in either party in the last several decades, we'll lose the election?

Interesting spin.

No mention of the 35% of voters that want a 3rd party candidate if Trump wins the nomination?

Interesting piece of information left out.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Calhoun
So... if we don't nominate the most hated candidate that's run in either party in the last several decades, we'll lose the election?

Interesting spin.

No mention of the 35% of voters that want a 3rd party candidate if Trump wins the nomination?

Learn to read

Its an article on the reasons why Trump is winning.

It has no call to action.

God Bless you.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Whole damn election is a furball.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
IC B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Dreamin'

The polls are pretty clear. Trump can't beat Hillary. Cruz is dicey. Kasich can.

30% of Republican voters say they would not vote for Trump in a general election under any circumstances. The alone means he can't win.

Sure, the polls can change between now and November but it's doubtful that Trump's blowhard attitude will change them in his favor.

And even if he did win, how would he get anyone in Congress to enact his plans after insulting them for months and months?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Lets put different people in congress?

Stupidity is expensive
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You could put a monkey up against Hillary or Bernie and the monkey would win. I don't buy into all of these polls that show Hillary beating anybody. I think the American people are too pizzed off to allow any Dem back into the White House right now.

Cruz is enough of an outsider to win. He just won't get the Dem vote like Trump will.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Lets put different people in congress?

So, Liz Cheney?

I agree with everything Trump says, I just wish someone else was saying it.

[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Whole damn election is a furball.

It's like a freaking reality show...

Who'da thunk?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
You could put a monkey up against Hillary or Bernie and the monkey would win. I don't buy into all of these polls that show Hillary beating anybody. I think the American people are too pizzed off to allow any Dem back into the White House right now.

IIRC, that was the opinion of most of us when Obama was running for his first term. And his second for that matter. Never take for granted that common sense and good judgement will prevail. eek

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Dreamin'

The polls are pretty clear. Trump can't beat Hillary. Cruz is dicey. Kasich can.

30% of Republican voters say they would not vote for Trump in a general election under any circumstances. The alone means he can't win.

Sure, the polls can change between now and November but it's doubtful that Trump's blowhard attitude will change them in his favor.

And even if he did win, how would he get anyone in Congress to enact his plans after insulting them for months and months?

Do you believe these polls?

Doesnt make sense. Lets see Kasich is the only one who can beat Hillary yet he cant beat anyone in the Republican primaries?

Didnt we hear the same thing about Jeb? Then Rubio?

Maybe that's what the establishment wants you to believe?
The whole thing stinks.

As many here have already opined, a vote for Trump is more of a vote against the establishment than anything else.

The real question is who is more anti-establishment, Trump or Cruz?

Last edited by irfubar; 03/24/16.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Interesting spin.

Anjin is spot on...

If you don't see that Anjin's post is exactly zeroed on target, you have lived in a political bubble far too long and are completely blind to what is happening.....just like the governing elite of both parties, you hold the electorate working class people in contempt, thinking your self as intellectually, politically superior. I don't know who you azzholes think you are.....(?) grin

You are the type of people who gave rise to the Trump movement in the first place but your ideology is stuck so far up your collective asses you are too blind to see it LOL!

That is EXACTLY what is going on.And the reason Trump has a far better chance than any other Republican of beating Hillary

Personally I will take my chances with Trump or Cruz because either would be fine with me. Anyone thinking that someone other than these two have a prayer against Hillary is lying or deliberately trying to mislead. I do not believe those polls,saying otherwise, that far out, for a second.

Last edited by BobinNH; 03/24/16.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Katich couldn't beat himself off - Screw that RNC wanna-be..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Anjin is spot on...

If you don't see that Anjin's post is exactly zeroed on target, you have lived in a political bubble far too long and are completely blind to what is happening.....just like the governing elite of both parties, you hold the electorate working class people in contempt, thinking your self as intellectually, politically superior. I don't know who you azzholes think you are.....(?) grin

You are the type of people who gave rise to the Trump movement in the first place but your ideology is stuck so far up your collective asses you are too blind to see it LOL!

That is EXACTLY what is going on.And the reason Trump has a far better chance than any other Republican of beating Hillary

Personally I will take my chances with Trump or Cruz because either would be fine with me. Anyone thinking that someone other than these two have a prayer against Hillary is lying or deliberately trying to mislead. I do not believe those polls,saying otherwise, that far out, for a second.

Wonder how much of this is simply geographical differences. You New Hampshire folks are probably used to New York liberals. Out here - they are simply detested.

So what is an obvious solution to you because of where you live is an obvious failure out here.

And if you think I hang out with the country club crowd, you are oh soooooo wrong.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm with you Jerry, I wish someone else were saying it. Actually Cruze pretty well has, just not with Trumps theatrics. Trump has been all over the map politically and I have more questions in my mind about what we'll get if we elect him over Cruze. We're going to find out one way or another.

As for Liz Cheney? Probably just another establishment republican. She's likely just in it for herself. Not sure we're going to have too much choice. I haven't spent the time to look into her yet.

Stupidity is expensive
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

As for Liz Cheney? Probably just another establishment republican. She's likely just in it for herself. Not sure we're going to have too much choice. I haven't spent the time to look into her yet.

From what I have seen of her, she is a very outspoken conservative, on the right side for sure. We could do a lot worse, IMHO.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jnyork
I agree with everything Trump says, I just wish someone else was saying it.

One of the best election posts yet.

Problem is, anyone else saying what he's saying would have been marginalized already.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
From the talking head shows I've seen her on, she says many of the right things, but without sincerity IMHO. I met her and her father when Hannity was here. Nice enough people but I'll really have to pull her apart before I'm convinced.

Stupidity is expensive
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the bottom line is that if Trump isn't nominated, the GOP has no chance to beat Hillary. Maybe its true that Trump can't beat Hillary - I don't think it is but lets set that aside for a moment ...

everyone who says Kasich or Cruz can beat Hillary are making a huge assumption that is wrong

Trump people will stay home in droves or worse, will vote for Hillary out of spite.

Call them every name in the book if you want but that's the reality.

To say Cruz or Kasich can beat Hillary is just not seeing the situation for what it is.

These people aren't voting for Trump, they're voting against the GOP as it currently is

Anyone other than Trump means the GOP is still in charge - and people will not support that.

and maybe...maybe a small percentage of that group see Cruz as an alternative in giving the finger to the GOP.

for the rest, giving them anyone other than Trump means they don't pull the "R" lever.

and if you can't see that - you're lying to yourself.

Last edited by KFWA; 03/24/16.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 35, 6mmbrfan, 11 invisible), 1,004 guests, and 867 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,123
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.