Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
This is not your normal trespassing case but figured the fire will be a great place to get some input.

First, a little background. I live in the city. Have a driveway next to my house going to the back yard and my travel trailer back there. House on one side and 10' stone wall on the other. I have a habit of not locking the gate or trailer. Never had a problem.

About 6 weeks ago I noticed the door was open. Asked the wife, and she said no hadn't been out there. Since then have found the door open again and once the batteries were dead. Found light had been left on in bedroom. Yesterday the door was open again and upon going inside noticed that a blanket that I KNOW was on the couch was spread out on the bed. Nothing missing or otherwise disturbed.

I am sure that someone is using the bed. I suspect one of the neighbors kids across the street. Two boys and a girl aged from 17 to 21. Used to see one of them parked out front making out in the car, but not in the last month. What do you think? My wife says just lock everything up but I want to know who...

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Lock it and put out a black out trail camera.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I live in the city.

I have a habit of not locking the gate or trailer.

This could EASILY be interpreted as "Baiting" if your situation there went South.

I'd be damned careful what I put on line,...

Not saying it's right, or has anything to do with justice,...

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I would lock the gate, leave a polite note. I would be careful of a camera, last thing you need is a "sex" tape of a 17 yo. Any traces left on the bed?

Could it be a homeless person?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'd install one of these, might as well make a little money.

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Leave a note that they are on camera,and LOCK IT

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
If the camera was pointed at trailer to find out who was going in ,then no problem. If it was inside the trailer then ,maybe a problem. How is it ,that law abiding citizens have to be careful of everything they do, on their own property but the law breakers have every right to sue?? Put a no tresspassing sign on gate.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Trail camera and for God's sake lock things up.

Crossfire is right... Post anything and you could get in trouble.

BUT - the best conversation I have ever had with a parent who was in denial about thier kid sneaking out at night ,, I asked them for thier email address so I could send them pictures of thier kid that were taken from my game camera at 2am.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I"d put a black flash camera in the trailer and let er rip until I knew who it was, and what they were up to.

After that contact, let em know its up, and lock er down.

I don't much get folks in the city not being locked up.

We've had home invasions here, 2 in the last 2 weeks for some reason, out in the country and in a town of 4500.....

I'm in the country, 100 acres, off the road, and have a locked security gate, cameras, everything stays locked and plenty of guns around to finish a job if need be, though if the guns are not on us, they are inside a gun safe locked. Inside a concrete vault locked....

I don't trust anyone.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Loud recording of a German Shepard attack bark triggered when the door is opened.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When they start messing with your stuff, it's not trespassing, it's breaking and entering.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
From my experience dealing with trespassers (I have a big neighborhood recently developed right next to my property), a couple of well placed "private, no trespassing signs" go a long way if you end calling the cops to apprehend someone in the act and want to have the culprits charged. It's hard for them to argue the old, "got lost..thought it was a public park yadda yadda" routine when they opened a gate with a sign on it.

This may or not help with preventing the trespassing- some people were just poorly raised.

unrelated story: I had a couple teenagers drive onto the property a couple years ago to fish in my pond, they had a printout of google earth on the dash which they'd used to locate it. I pulled in behind their pickup and they both dropped their rods and bolted into the woods. I called the cops and a towtruck but I still wonder if I missed out on a free hunting camp truck.

Last edited by InternetGuru; 03/25/16.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
screw the trail camera

put a security camera that records and grab a bucket of popcorn

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

[Linked Image]

- Rogue
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd get one of these:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/IDEAL-Security-Wireless-Alarm-Set-with-Telephone-Dialer-SK633/203446026

and set it up to call the police and you. :

"This is the occupant of (address). There has been a break-in in the trailer in the rear of the house".

It will keep calling until the battery runs out or the alarm is reset. Hide it in a locked cabinet. Hide the sensor so it trips if someone sits on the bed. They'll still be beating the door of the cabinet when the police arrive.

Mine is wired to a battery that recharges in sunlight and a cellphone that costs me $10/month

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Put a camera up, pointed at the door of the trailer or gate. You have to put it high enough that they can't take it. When the flash goes off, they're gonna run. If it's the kids from across the street, go and talk to the parents and let them know what's going on. If it's a homeless person, you better start locking the place up.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Seriously doubt that it is a homeless person. Told another neighbor about it this morning. He lives about 1/2 mile away. Said that just before Thanksgiving his doorbell rang at 2:00am. Went out and there was a teenage boy on his front porch. Naked and hog tied w/duct tape. Friends put him there and rang bell. Had to get scissors to cut him loose.
Will put up trail cam tomorrow.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'd install one of these, might as well make a little money.

[Linked Image]

LMFAO!!!!! Hes tapin dat azz

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
they're just kids, prone to do stupid things

in this case it sounds like its driven by hormones

keep in mind they aren't damaging anything (other than your sheets).

A simple note on the door might be enough

"If you trespass in here again, I'm telling the authorities (and your parents)

kids today - I just used a sleeping bag in the woods

or if enough alcohol was consumed, tall grass

Last edited by KFWA; 03/25/16.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd have fun with it. Couple trail cams, one on the outside, one on the inside set on video and then put a mannequin or dummy in the bed and stage it to look like a suicide or murder. You'll know who it is and they'll never be back and the video would be priceless

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (anothergun, 10gaugemag, Alan_Robertson, 14 invisible), 1,533 guests, and 713 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,638
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.