Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Not great...but not too bad, either. wink

Rotten Tomatoes review

Synopsis:

A poignant tale of redemption and forgiveness as a man attempts to make things right...online. Follow his journey as he navigates the treacherous waters of the Internet in a quest to leave behind a life littered with the detritus of Bent Nails and broken dreams.

Starring:

Clark 'Bar' Deflave ...... "Travis"

Northern 'Exposure' Dave ...... Defrauded Friend

"Cap'n" Kirk Shrapnel ...... Walker, Montana Ranger

Directed and written by Deflave

Review:

A compelling tale that is somewhat compromised by a lack of subtlety amongst the co-stars, "Plan Nine..." had the potential to be in the running for an Academy award next spring. Alas, it falls prey to its own heavy handed clichès and over-the-top sentiments.

Delflave's 'Travis' gives a poignant and understated performance as the titular character who alternates between a sincere humility toward those he attempts to reconcile with (without being obsequious) and a muted rage simmering beneath the surface directed at former compatriots.

His performance largely carries an otherwise familiar script that borrows from classics such as the celebrated "Rendevous in Pinedale" and the oft-overlooked gospel quartet musical, "Lyin', a Winch and the Annuity To Go".

Unfortunately, his fellow co-stars fail to contribute to the heavy lifting and the plot and pacing suffer for it. ND's heavy handed tirades do little justice to the flow and feeling of the film and come as a surprise to those accustomed to his usual grace and soft touch on such beauties as, "65 Impala". Seemingly preoccupied, it would appear to be a phone-in performance.

Shrapnel gives a solid, if not spectacular, rendition of the bereaved and betrayed mentor of the protagonist. While the script doesn't leave him with a whole lot of depth to plumb he pulls off a satisfactory job of a man done wrong.

While time will tell the impact of this retelling of an oft-heard tale, one cannot help but be a bit disappointed in the final form that it inhabits. While its release date hopes to give it some added punch, it would seem this is one story that will not be resurrected.

** out of ***** stars.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
TL/DR

Me

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
A fair eval.

"I laughed, I cried. It was better than Cats."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
TFF

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bravo! grin

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Who Cares? The guy was a total jerk. That wasn't just because he was drinking. It's because he's a complete [bleep] to everyone. It's really not funny and I personally hope the guy never posts here again. Just don't need his 2 cents in my life.

Wag More. Bark Less.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
"Haters gonna hate."

- Flave

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
as if a butt-hurt texans opinions count......

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tommygs
Who Cares? The guy was a total jerk. That wasn't just because he was drinking. It's because he's a complete [bleep] to everyone. It's really not funny and I personally hope the guy never posts here again. Just don't need his 2 cents in my life.

Dude....bark less. Wag more...

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
BFD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by tommygs

Dude....bark less. Wag more...

Words for the Flave (and many others) to live by

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by huntsman22
as if a butt-hurt texans opinions count......

As much as yours...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Poetic and beautiful, Mojo. Someone please hand me a a hanky....

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Use yer sock.

Good stuff, Mojo.

Have Dog

Will Travel

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
An excellent review. Can't wait for the sequel.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by PrimeBeef
An excellent review. Can't wait for the sequel.

It's the 'fire--there's practically a sequel every week.......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ya, they seem to be trying to make the "saga deflave" surpass the Safariman debacle. On and on ad nauseum, ceased to be interesting after the first few pages, but this kind of stuff seems to entertain quite a few here.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
sequell or seroquell?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Poetic and beautiful, Mojo. Someone please hand me a a hanky....

Originally Posted by wageslave

Use yer sock.

Good stuff, Mojo.

Nah, use Sam O's pillow instead!

Well done Mojo

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yeah, I saw it. Kind of got pulled in by the trailer, which was fairly slick, and made it at least appear interesting. There's two hours of my life I'll never get back. This chick flick had WAY more drama than your average rom-com. There were a couple of plot twists mid way through. There was also an attempt to have a spin-off made for TV mini series late in the story.
The guys on either side of me were taking it way too seriously, and some yahoo two rows in front of me seemed to be doing something with a pillow, I don't even want to think about what. Some guy in the back row wouldn't stop giggling and muttering "told ya".
In the end, the whole thing was BS, and left half the audience asking " Why?", and the other half looking for the nearest exit. I don't believe any of the actors are going to win an Oscar on this one, which is probably a good thing as I can't even imagine having to listen to the acceptance speeches.
Likely the biggest winners here were the Shrapnel Popcorn Co., FlavrFlaves Bacon Flavored Popcorn Butter, and ND Distributing (soft drinks and beer). Here's a stock tip for you, spend your time and money on beer and snack stocks, not on this drama. smirk

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Your review sucks. I carried this chit wagon.

Something clever here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

700 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 75 invisible), 3,150 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,106
Posts18,483,278
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.