Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's gotten beyond the election for me.

I take it you won't be voting?

Bristoe has told me many times that voting is stupid.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by kroo88
Originally Posted by jorgeI

So it begs the question, Bristoe, what will you think of next when Trump gets the nomination?

Well,...every cable news network has been on a marathon of Trump hate for months and they haven't stopped yet.

I just heard chitbird Ryan in there saying that if Trump gets elected it will split the house.

So I know they haven't given up on throwing him aside yet.

At this point, I have to believe that even if they fail in denying Trump the nomination, the GOPe will work against him in the general election.

The neocons have already said that they'll vote for Hillary if Trump is the nominee. And you don't have to be a genius to figure out that they'll go far beyond voting for Hillary if Trump is the nominee.

Either way,..for whatever reason, talking into account the war that the GOPe and the media has been waging against Trump since he became the frontrunner (even before, actually) the only thing that will keep the GOP barn from burning down is Trump getting elected President.

You can argue about that all day long if it makes you feel better. But it's not going to change anything.

The Trump people weren't too fond of the GOPe before,..and they hate its guts now.

Maybe, just maybe, old Donald should have thought twice before uttering:

"I'm going to do it as a Republican."

Yeah,..I think it's time for a Nationalist to go 3rd party too. The GOP is worse than useless.

If Trump was 3rd party right now I would be fine with it. I consider him an interloper(unprepared and vulnerable) that opens the door for massive criticism from the left.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Cruz couldn't even win all the states Romney won.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

If Trump was 3rd party right now I would be fine with it. I consider him an interloper(unprepared and vulnerable) that opens the door for massive criticism from the left.

Yeah, R's weren't going to get massive criticism from the left anyway...better blame Trump for that. crazy

Could you imagine how much bitching there would be if Bush was leading right now? Or Walker?

It's the complaining from the R side that has put it over the top.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by davet

Yeah, R's weren't going to get massive criticism from the left anyway...better blame Trump for that. crazy

Could you imagine how much bitching there would be if Bush was leading right now? Or Walker?

It's the complaining from the R side that has put it over the top.

Everyone that's been paying attention knows full well that there is going to be unending incoming from the Est (R), (D)s, and the media. If you're not ready to handle it maybe you should be sticking to your day job.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
No one knew that Cruz was going to lay in bed with Bush,Graham and Gramm and assist them with taking away from Trump what he couldn't merit himself.

Cruz is an official beltway insider. A GOPe worker bee.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by isaac
No one knew that Cruz was going to lay in bed with Bush,Graham and Gramm and assist them with taking away from Trump what he couldn't merit himself.

Cruz is an official beltway insider. A GOPe worker bee.

Only thing I remember about Gramm was him telling the welfare crowd to get off their ars.

Trump doesn't own anything yet.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Gramm is Cruz's head financial guy now. You didn't know that?

It's what the inside the beltway crowd does when desperation sets in.

William Arthur Ward

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Cruz couldn't even win all the states Romney won.

This folks is actually dead on correct....

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

It's what the inside the beltway crowd does when desperation sets in.

Ya I knew the financial guy part. Wasn't aware of his insider status.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

So he begs for shekels?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[
The neocons have already said that they'll vote for Hillary if Trump is the nominee.

The Trump people weren't too fond of the GOPe before,..and they hate its guts now.

Your first statement is based on what. a few comments by a few talking heads and besides, how many can that be?

So the "Trump people" are not the GOP? gee, how'd they get to vote in the R Primaries? Seems to me you're almost spoiling for a fight and to what end, because obviously you and a few others fail to see the objective is to defeat the Ds and if Trump can do it, GREAT! but some of us with a modicum of critical thinking capabilities think this is at best a roll of the dice and FAR from a sure thing.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
[
The neocons have already said that they'll vote for Hillary if Trump is the nominee.

Your first statement is based on what. a few comments by a few talking heads and besides, how many can that be?

So the "Trump people" are not the GOP? gee, how'd they get to vote in the R Primaries? Seems to me you're almost spoiling for a fight and to what end, because obviously you and a few others fail to see the objective is to defeat the Ds and if Trump can do it, GREAT! but some of us with a modicum of critical thinking capabilities think this is at best a roll of the dice and FAR from a sure thing.

As for the neocons voting for Hillary,..that came from the grand poohbah neocon himself, William Kristol.

As for the rest of it, Those tea leaves are easy to read.

Trump is the only enthusiasm the GOP has,...and if he hadn't entered the race it would have had none from the beginning.

Trump's supporters are sick of the GOPe, they're sick of Kasich, they're sick of Reince Priebus, they're sick of the cable news networks, and if Cruz gets the nomination,...everything they feel about the whole damn mess is going to be laid at Cruz's feet.

It's right there plain as the nose on your face.

People ain't gonna have this bullshit.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
[

As for the neocons voting for Hillary,..that came from the grand poohbah neocon himself, William Kristol.

Trump is the only enthusiasm the GOP has,...and if he hadn't entered the race it would have had none from the beginning.

Trump's supporters are sick of the GOPe, they're sick of Kasich, they're sick of Reince Priebus, they're sick of the cable news networks, and if Cruz gets the nomination,...everything they feel about the whole damn mess is going to be laid at Cruz's feet.

Your thoughts on the exact number of die-hard Cruz people and die-hard Trump supporters?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
[

Your thoughts on the exact number of die-hard Cruz people and die-hard Trump supporters?

I'd guess 20% is a very conservative estimate.

Lose 20% of the Trump voters, you lose the election.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Precisely. People ain't gonna have it.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
[

I'd guess 20% is a very conservative estimate.

Lose 20% of the Trump voters, you lose the election.

Ya I'd guess more. I don't like Trump's methods of culling the field but I would vote for him.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

So the "Trump people" are not the GOP? Not all of them are, but enough are to win both open and closed primaries like he did in FL and AZgee, how'd they get to vote in the R Primaries? Some were open primaries, and that is where he did the best, with record turn out almost in every one. Seems to me you're almost spoiling for a fight and to what end, because obviously you and a few others fail to see the objective is to defeat the Ds and if Trump can do it, GREAT! but some of us with a modicum of critical thinking capabilities think this is at best a roll of the dice and FAR from a sure thing. It's been a roll of the dice since the beginning. Most of us have been very upfront about that. Where we are now is just a full court press by the GOP and their media contacts to try and slow his momentum so they can try and make a move. It's a last ditch effort, as you can tell by what stories are getting out and what stories are not. The other thing is that winning an election with a career politician is going to get us the job of a career politician, and enough voters are done with that option and would rather roll the dice with an unknown quantity, than continue on like all is fine and well. We'd rather risk losing for a real gain, than continue with business as usual, which has fooked us every time for 28 years. Wait until Trump seals up the nomination and see what happens in the media then. They will either lay off for a while, or continue on the way it's been, but the public won't watch this crap for 8 more months if the media continues with this plan, imo.

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (160user, 1_deuce, 117LBS, 1lessdog, 1234, 10ring1, 56 invisible), 14,308 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,293
Posts18,545,243
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.