Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
When they pull you over while you are trying to make a living, and one trooper demands your time, while the other one tries to get your clients to fess up to breaking the law with absolutely no probable cause other than you are out fishing, I lose respect in a hurry.

Not all Troopers act this way, but enough of them do. We do have a few good ones down here though. When the big city troopers come down to help out, things get frustrating. And, I'm not the only one who as noticed this..

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
We had 2 local wardens some years back.

One might check you once, to make sure you bought a new license and then he would chat if he saw you or wave.....keeping up with whats going on was about it. But he was always after criminals.

The other one helped in my hunter ed classes. Worked at a sporting goods store. Sold me my new license one day around 515pm.... I went dove hunting, he met me at the ramp around dark and asked for my license.... I dont' think he ever checked the birds...

You can tell which ones are good and which are AH/s

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have had relayed to me some details of police and trooper reports as well as statements made in court that make it clear that law enforcement in general looks at constitutional rights as an impediment to their job. You need to know your rights and exercise them, or they will be trampled under jack booted foot.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mjm316

Ahh I was thinking sleds as in a snow machine not a pull behind sled. Thanks for the clarification

Yeah, 'sled' is one of the more abused words, generically used almost to the point of having no specific meaning.

Yeah, I've felt sorry for them when they've dropped into the village and lent them a motorized 'sled' too.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Spending the school year in Fairbanks has certainly turned my view of Alaska upside down as it is.

I miss second ave on a saturday night,back in 1979 frown

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well, as long as you only missed one.... wink

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
They seem pretty well equipped...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I heard they were only expecting to have a bare-bones ground game this year; could be wrong, I don't really know.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm headed out to AMan on weds...they got lots of sleds/rigs for getting a guy/body out ..u offering a shed ..cuts into what they request in their budget !! Lol ...ten years ago I had to go to the trouper shed at a man to use sat phone as I loss all the gears in my trans but 1st gear...top speed of 18 mph,rpms at 3400 !...they took my info..and then I got a speech on my dead DL (one month from my birthday).... A warning for driving there...and the Big speech /if I was caught driving a auto while there, or on the way back! Azzzzzwipes...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Welcome to the new Alaska....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Several decades ago I brought in a smal for- meat bear for required sealing to Fairbanks adf&g. Mid summer. They obviously believed the only reason to kill a bear was for "trophy", making it abundantly known thru body language. It's the last time I ever went into that office for any

Attitude to the public determines the level of voluntary cooperation they can expect.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Calvin
When they pull you over while you are trying to make a living, and one trooper demands your time, while the other one tries to get your clients to fess up to breaking the law with absolutely no probable cause other than you are out fishing, I lose respect in a hurry.

Not all Troopers act this way, but enough of them do. We do have a few good ones down here though. When the big city troopers come down to help out, things get frustrating. And, I'm not the only one who as noticed this..

Might be your "I Like Donald" bumper sticker

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
No one likes a cop.... Until you need one

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by idahoguy101

45 years now and I've never needed one. Never even close to needing them. I'm prepared to handle my life and the lives of my family. You might feel safer with a lot of cops around but I don't, in fact it's exactly the opposite.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by idahoguy101

Seriously? Quite the opposite. This was an offer to assist, as I've done many times over the years. I've never failed to assist with SAR, and I've never accepted compensation. But this isn't about me or bashing on cops in general. But I do have a hard time with the idea that I am a suspect when I make a simple gesture of civic assistance......99% of us are simply seeking the same goals - I think.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Klik,
You were ill treated by a cop with no manners. They shouldn't have had to be taught how to act with your request. He should have thanked you for the offer and said they had the equipment they needed and would not be allowed to accept such an offer. There should have been a hand shake rather than a request to see your DL.
Sometimes common sense just can't be taught.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
A further thought - how embarrassing would it be for the cops to take someone up on an offer, only to find he had a rap sheet a leg long, or the piece of equipment had been reported stolen...., but I agree fully with bigwhoop.

Definately not handled well.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by las
A further thought - how embarrassing would it be for the cops to take someone up on an offer, only to find he had a rap sheet a leg long, or the piece of equipment had been reported stolen...., but I agree fully with bigwhoop.

Definately not handled well.

Oh, I completely agree. I would have had zero issue had he wanted to see ID before we shook hands after making arrangements for the loan as I was leaving, just to make sure it was all topside. He never asked to look at it, never saw it, didn't care, but he wanted to run my license. (He asked to see it, then he walked through the doors with it.) I will never darken their door again unless I am summoned.

I know many criminals are stupid and all, but give 'em a break! That would take the cake if a fool made an offer than would benefit them in no way, yet exposed them selves to the risk of being caught.

Last edited by Klikitarik; 04/04/16.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by stevelyn
They've recruited quit a few L48ers and they bring their DSMF attitudes up with them.

Yup. The biggest problem is, they can't get enough qualified applicants from within state, so they have to go Outside.

Then, add in the training that emphasizes "Us vs. Them" and you have a recipe for lack of respect. On both sides.

It ain't the same outfit I worked for back in the 80's, that's for sure!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Klik,
You were ill treated by a cop with no manners. They shouldn't have had to be taught how to act with your request. He should have thanked you for the offer and said they had the equipment they needed and would not be allowed to accept such an offer. There should have been a hand shake rather than a request to see your DL.
Sometimes common sense just can't be taught.

That's what you get when you have an agency that understands the difference between "law enforcement" and "peacekeeping".

Plus, that's the result of a cadre of "old guys" who yank young punks up by the short hairs when they get full of themselves.

That doesn't exist at A.S.T anymore.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 2,044 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,470
Posts18,508,544
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.