L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
One perk for those 62 years of age.

Senior Pass
$10 Lifetime pass
For U.S. citizens or permanent residents age 62 or over.
May be obtained in person at a federal recreation site or through the mail using this application form. The cost of obtaining a Senior Pass through the mail or online is twenty dollars ($20). Ten ($10) for the Senior Pass and ten ($10) for processing the application. Applicants must provide documentation of age and residency or citizenship.
May provide a 50 percent discount on some amenity fees charged for facilities and services such as camping, swimming, boat launch, and specialized interpretive services.
Generally does NOT cover or reduce special recreation permit fees or fees charged by concessioners.
One of the best senior travel bargains anywhere is a low-cost lifetime national park pass that admits seniors free of charge to most U.S. national parks, forests, refuges, monuments and recreation areas, from Denali National Park in Alaska to the Florida Everglades.

Senior Pass Eligibility
As part of the American the Beautiful - National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass program, U.S. citizens or permanent residents who are at least 62 years old can purchase a Senior Pass for a one-time processing fee of $10. This Senior Pass to national parks and lands offers benefits to you and your traveling companions.

Senior Pass to National Parks Benefits

In National Parks that charge an entrance or standard amenity fee, the Senior Pass admits you and the passengers in your car or other private vehicle.
In National Parks where a "per person" entrance fee is charged, the Senior Pass admits you plus three other adults (who need not be seniors). This is an especially good deal if you are also traveling with grandchildren, because children under 16 have free admission.

Last edited by LostHighway; 04/09/16.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Good to know. might hafta go back to Yellowstone fishing....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the 411

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
I'll be taking advantage of it for sure. I will be retiring in western colorado in a few years and it will be 12 hour drive or less to 11 national parks.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I have had ours for 10 years or so

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Thanks!

Walk slow, get down, hurry up and be quiet.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Had mine for a bit. I use it at Shenandoah National Park (Skyline Drive). The North entrance is about 40 minutes away, but we usually get on at Panorama where the Drive meets Rt. 211.

SNP is very accessable, being long and narrow, with several access points, multiple overlooks, and lots of trails suitable for day hikes. While some of them are a little tough, many are easy enough for kids and geezers to enjoy.

Big Meadows is a favorite area, where Indians used to perform periodic burns to benefit game populations to facilitate hunting. It's a great place to view deer and birds. A couple if years ago, I shot some pics and short videos of a nice buck with ear tags as he strutted his stuff for the ladies. I learned later that he had wandered out of the park during the deer season and someone hung him up.

Anyone that likes to travel or that has a park nearby needs to get one of these passes. You do need another ID with you to prove you're the actual passholder.

Last edited by Pappy348; 04/09/16.

What fresh Hell is this?
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I've been using my Senior Pass for several years. Free admission to all Federal recreational facilities, i.e., National Parks, National Monuments, National Recreational Areas, National Museums, National Historic Parks, etc. Half price camping is included.

The original Golden Eagle Pass gave you free camping also. But those are no longer available.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks sir, for that info.

I will take advantage of it come September!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The pass is also good at Army Corp Engineer places. There is a ACE boat ramp near our camp on the Ouachita River, and they charge to use the ramp. With this pass, no charge. The $10 pass has paid for itself many time over, just at this one ramp.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We have had ours for many years and use it frequently. Hard to believe you can actually get a good deal on something from the government. wink

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The last time I used my pass was earlier this week. I've had one for 14 years and have saved a lot on money. And I used the money I saved to buy beer so that the savings were well spent!

Steve

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I always tell my dad that his pass is the only reason I invite him to go with me, haha.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Thanks for posting my secret.Now my camping neighbors will go from this....
[Linked Image]

to this...
[Linked Image]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have ad my pass just short of five years. I have a pass that lets me camp for free in Oregon state parks too.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I sure got mine before the price went up!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I think it was our third year camping in Everglades Nat'l Park that the Ranger sid, "You look like you might be a senior", then told me all about the ten dollar pass. Not only the pass but our camping was 1/2 price. There are some perks to getting old. GD

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
$10 so they can spend the rest of their lives living tax free out of their Winnebagos in our National Parks. laugh

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wouldn't tread on Nazi Park Circus grounds with a written invitation from the bastards.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The "public" land that will never be paid off.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,400 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,532
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.