Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The once proud Atlanta Braves. They committed to a total rebuild, and are suffering for it.

I for one think they could have shored up their rotation better in the offseason, but they refuse to block the path for any of their15+ hotshot pitching prospets due to hit the big leagues in the next few years. Until then, it will be a flashback to the '80's when they stunk!

Hope your team is doing better!

After winless homestand, Braves' Turner Field farewell may be uglier than imagined
Ray Glier, Special for USA TODAY

ATLANTA - In the fifth inning of each home game this season at Turner Field, a celebrity, or a former Braves player, or a fan, will tear down a 10-foot tall plastic sheet with a red number written on it signifying the number of home games remaining. It is a countdown from 81 as the Braves play their final season at the 20-year old stadium on the south side of downtown.

There is some dread now that the season-long countdown - currently at 76 - could become a morbid six-month march.

In the house of Chipper Jones, Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, John Smoltz, Andruw Jones, and Bobby Cox, the Braves have started 0-5.

It is the first time since 1988 the team has dropped its first five games at home.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Did my team the St. Louis Cardinals contribute to your demise?

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Reds are in a rebuild and are 5-1 for the season

It won't last.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Cubs are the real deal, 5 and 1 to boot...hopefully they'll not try to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory....

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My Twins are 0-6.

I like our chances at running the table.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Sounds like the Dodgers need to go to Atlanta after every series with the Giants in order to right the ship!

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Did my team the St. Louis Cardinals contribute to your demise?

Not really. A girls softball team could take 2 out of 3 from them right now.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When they traded Simmons, I thought my wife was going to chew through a steel cable.

I think she liked him better'n me....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
i dread this year, more than likely the Cubs are going to go through our division on a tear. my Red Birds will have to eat some crow possibly at the end of the season.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The SF Giants are doing well.
You all can be Giant too.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No team is dead after the 1st week

But I'm not sad to see the Braves faltering I watched them win for decades...Let's Go Mets!

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Let's Go Mets!

ack!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by hatari
The once proud Atlanta Braves. They committed to a total rebuild, and are suffering for it.

I for one think they could have shored up their rotation better in the offseason, but they refuse to block the path for any of their15+ hotshot pitching prospets due to hit the big leagues in the next few years. Until then, it will be a flashback to the '80's when they stunk!

Hope your team is doing better!

After winless homestand, Braves' Turner Field farewell may be uglier than imagined
Ray Glier, Special for USA TODAY

ATLANTA - In the fifth inning of each home game this season at Turner Field, a celebrity, or a former Braves player, or a fan, will tear down a 10-foot tall plastic sheet with a red number written on it signifying the number of home games remaining. It is a countdown from 81 as the Braves play their final season at the 20-year old stadium on the south side of downtown.

There is some dread now that the season-long countdown - currently at 76 - could become a morbid six-month march.

In the house of Chipper Jones, Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, John Smoltz, Andruw Jones, and Bobby Cox, the Braves have started 0-5.

It is the first time since 1988 the team has dropped its first five games at home.

You got nuthin' on the MN Twins.. 0-6, so far...

WORST start in team history...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
So as bad as all the other teams seam to be this year, its safe to assume the Colorado Rockies are going to the Series this year ???

LOL!!!

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Braves won't stand in their way

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

But I'm not sad to see the Braves faltering I watched them win for decades...Let's Go Mets!

It pains me to say I'd rather have the Mets win than the Nats. I really despise Harper and Strassburg.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari

It pains me to say I'd rather have the Mets win than the Nats. I really despise Harper and Strassburg.

Camden Yards is a good place to watch a ball game Jeff. Come on up. O's are 5-0 smile

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We ignore professional baseball. Used to listen some on the radio but it's boring.

The internet, TV and cell phones are the modern world.

Read that Ted Williams was a hunter!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Savage_99
We ignore professional baseball. Used to listen some on the radio but it's boring.

The internet, TV and cell phones are the modern world.

Read that Ted Williams was a hunter!

I can't stand it on TV or radio but it's a lot of fun to go to a good game in a nice stadium on a pleasant day.

My brother had my Grandfather's Win 101 12 gauge but marked Ted Williams and sold by Sears. grin He was truly a great American.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Went to the Tigers/Yankees game Saturday. 21* windchill. Too cold to drink beer. Hot dogs, peanuts, and hot chocolate just ain't the same. No matter, good time spent with my son.

Yes, those are snow flurries at a baseball game.

[Linked Image]

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1_deuce, 06hunter59, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 66 invisible), 2,601 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,473
Posts18,529,410
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.