Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
It would have been ugly Saturday morning at the airport had I not caught it

And yet, she gets in the shopping trip, too.

Here's my question - if the damned passport is still valid and not expired, why wouldn't it work? Does the expiration date NOT mean expiration? WTF?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lol

You pick yer poison in this world, if you're lucky

You made the right choice Dan

You know the gov't is always gonna screw you

The wife or gf? Entirely optional

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Been that way as long as I can remember. There are expediting services that can turn them around pronto for a fee.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Leaving Sat Morning for St Martin and then Purto Rico and always use my Passport when traveling.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Typical government BS. Should be able to use a passport until it expires or the date is meaningless.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Government should be in charge of very little.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B2

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Just a heads up if you are going to be traveling international your travel must be complete 6 months before the actual expiration date on your passport.
Leaving for Mexico Saturday and just found out as I was confirming flights Deb's passport expires Oct 10. I asked here earlier and she didn't realize there was a specific date instead of a month.
Any ways just make sure your travel is complete a full 6 month before expiration.Actually renewing 7 months before your passport expires is prudent.
Deb now has the pleasure of rushing out to get a new passport photo,then driving to passport office in Buffalo for an 11am appointment and maybe a return trip tomorrow to pick up the new passport if not ready today

So, I show up at SFO from HKG with my passport that expires in 5 mo, 29 days and DHS isn't going to let me in?

Or is this a US air carrier thing?

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
In my experience it is the country to which you want to travel too that has the requirement.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The reason for the 6 month from expiring is that in some countries you can stay up to 6 months on a simple passport. It is to keep your passport from expiring while you are out of country.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by EdM
Been that way as long as I can remember. There are expediting services that can turn them around pronto for a fee.

Yep. Our local county clerk sends the applications to N'Awlins for expedited processing, turns around in about 5-7 days IIRC. Been a while since I had to do that. As I recall, the expedited processing fee was about a hundred bucks. Well worth it.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by heavywalker
The reason for the 6 month from expiring is that in some countries you can stay up to 6 months on a simple passport. It is to keep your passport from expiring while you are out of country.

Correct. If you have a Passport agency near by you can save the big $ fees a processing agency will charge you. The fee from US Gov is $60 to expedite whether you express mail or show up in person

Some how I was blamed for Deb's oversight,even though I asked her to check here passport for the 6 months.All I care about right now is fishing according to her! LMAO she is kind of correct about the fishing , I'd rather not be going and be fishing here,weather is finally breaking going to be in the 60's this weekend and 70 on Monday...I'll make the best of it and fish a day for sails and marlin and call it good wink

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by heavywalker

Correct. If you have a Passport agency near by you can save the big $ fees a processing agency will charge you. The fee from US Gov is $60 to expedite whether you express mail or show up in person

Some how I was blamed for Deb's oversight,even though I asked her to check here passport for the 6 months.All I care about right now is fishing according to her! LMAO she is kind of correct about the fishing , I'd rather not be going and be fishing here,weather is finally breaking going to be in the 60's this weekend and 70 on Monday...I'll make the best of it and fish a day for sails and marlin and call it good wink

You've been conned into her shopping trip, and still don't even realize it yet.

This wasn't about the passport; this was about her going shopping because you go fishing.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Where you going Dan? I am heading to Cabo this summer planning on a few trips on the water with my Dad.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Mayan Riviera Puerto Aventuras

Last time I fished out of Puerto Aventuras in April

[Linked Image]

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
That is a nice one! I released my sail, so didn't get any good pics with it, wish I would have now.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
We released the fish after the quick photo

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I just go down to the local Home Depot parking lot and talk to a guy named Julio. He can get me as many passports as I want.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Some how I was blamed for Deb's oversight,even though I asked her to check here passport for the 6 months.All I care about right now is fishing according to her! LMAO she is kind of correct about the fishing...

Of course it's your fault. You're the guy with his nuts in a jar on her kitchen shelf, right?
wink

As for preferring fishin'... well, duh!

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Had mine and my wife's in less that two weeks last year with no expediting.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Doc I won't complain, I did alright when Deb found me in a large crowd downtown at a street festival.
She may wish she didn't pursue me now!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

487 members (22kHornet, 338rcm, 2500HD, 22magnut, 257 mag, 160user, 40 invisible), 2,269 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,563
Posts18,510,670
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.