Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Just a heads up if you are going to be traveling international your travel must be complete 6 months before the actual expiration date on your passport.
Leaving for Mexico Saturday and just found out as I was confirming flights Deb's passport expires Oct 10. I asked here earlier and she didn't realize there was a specific date instead of a month.
Any ways just make sure your travel is complete a full 6 month before expiration.Actually renewing 7 months before your passport expires is prudent.
Deb now has the pleasure of rushing out to get a new passport photo,then driving to passport office in Buffalo for an 11am appointment and maybe a return trip tomorrow to pick up the new passport if not ready today

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Holy sheet, Dan. Now you have me wondering.... We're planning an October trip again this year. Not sure on the expiration of our passports.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i need to go get one, my brother and i are planning on going to the Philippines in a few months for fishing and chicks.

plus my buddy Raul invites me every year to go to cabo and i haven't gone because i haven't made the time to go get a passport.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
My wife just renewed and they say up to 6-8 weeks to process. She got hers back right around 2 weeks.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Need to get a new one. One of these days I might just run away to Canada to fish and stay there. grin

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Got mine through the local Post Office. Took ten days.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Need to get a new one. One of these days I might just run away to Canada to fish and stay there. grin

Canada is an interesting country. They have a handle on immigration.
So go fish, but I'll bet if you decided to stay they would kick you out.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had to renew passports for both my kids recently.

I agree that you should definitely allow plenty of time. Once filed, the renewal applications get processed fairly quickly, but there are a lot of new requirements that must be met. Also, our local post office (which is a great way to do it) is getting dozens of applications every day, which clogs them up.

One other thought. These are post office employees. Nothing against them, as the ones tasked for this do know how to do it, but like so many low level civil service types, they know only one way to proceed and have no flexibility whatever. That also slows down the process.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for the heads up. I had no idea.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep thanks Dan. Another one here that needs to start the process

Just looked at mine last night Didn't pay any attention to expiration

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My passport expired right after the US Government changed the laws about re-entry.

I had not planned any International travel so I did not renew.

Well, the wife and I decided to go visit Vancouver last year. I went through the whole application process again. Because I did this 6 months prior to travel and had no worries about processing time. Everybody told me that I needed to spend the extra money for quick processing. I told them that I had 6 months and that I was not in any big hurry. I did not spend the money, and only paid for the "extra" 30 pages to be added to the booklet, and paid for the plastic ID card.

And guess what? It cam back to me in 10 business days. Sure glad I planned ahead... just in case.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Typical government BS. Should be able to use a passport until it expires or the date is meaningless.

I'm better when I move.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Your global entry or local boater option cards will need to be updated with the new passport number as well.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I had to expedite a passport once. $200 fee to a third party, and I had my new PP in hand in less than 24 hours. Or you can read this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/11/how-to-get-passport-fast_n_6436482.html

- Rogue
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do I need one to get into Texas?

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
I had all the paper work and details in order before Deb woke up this morning. She got here picture and shuffled of to Buffalo. She was in 15 minutes before her appointment
She was done in less than 5 minutes, she's having lunch and shopping to kill time. It will be ready for her to pick up at 3 pm
$110 for the renewal fee and $60 to expedite
The mall shopping will likely be many times that

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Good Head's up Dan. Additionally, also consider getting one of the credit card versions - I've heard there are times when they are helpful.

It not going to get better for travel.....

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
I had all the paper work and details in order before Deb woke up this morning. She got here picture and shuffled of to Buffalo. She was in 15 minutes before her appointment
She was done in less than 5 minutes, she's having lunch and shopping to kill time. It will be ready for her to pick up at 3 pm
$110 for the renewal fee and $60 to expedite
The mall shopping will likely be many times that

Dude, you've been had.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
It would have been ugly Saturday morning at the airport had I not caught it

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Do I need one to get into Texas?

Probably you do from Colorado. As I recall, the Texans are those highly noisy visitors that infest Colorado on vacation, and so there is a bit of testiness between the two. smile

Here in NM, we recently had a scare where the feds were not going to recognize NM drivers licenses as proper ID for getting into federal facilities, because they were being issued to "undocumented" aliens.

It took a rule change to issue a different kind of license to non-citizens, failing which we were all going to have to use passports as ID.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 53 invisible), 2,597 guests, and 1,374 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,696
Posts18,475,180
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.