-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I just got done using my Reticle Tru. Again.

I really don't give a schit what anybody thinks of them. When I shoulder the rifle there's no cant in the scope. That's all I care about.

Now if I could just learn to bring the right ammo and find the animals I have tags for, I'd be all set...

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Originally Posted by Hi_Vel

Gadgets,.......

A fool and his money,.......

you're probably a decent guy--but i always wonder about folks that comment on some specific thing, without using it first...

I bought the tool a year or so ago following another similar thread here.

Sir, if you originally purchased the Reticle-Tru tool from me and you are not satisfied with how it functions for you in your gunsmithing efforts--PM your name and address, and which model you purchased--as it will show up in my records. We can then arrange for the return.

After I receive the tool in the post, I'll fully refund the purchase amount, and the shipping costs. I want folks to be truly satisfied with their purchase--and to benefit from it...

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
It's a pretty simple process to not get it right...

DF

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Gadgets,.......

A fool and his money,.......

you're probably a decent guy--but i always wonder about folks that comment on some specific thing, without using it first...

I bought the tool a year or so ago following another similar thread here.

Sir, if you originally purchased the Reticle-Tru tool from me and you are not satisfied with how it functions for you in your gunsmithing efforts--PM your name and address, and which model you purchased--as it will show up in my records. We can then arrange for the return.

After I receive the tool in the post, I'll fully refund the purchase amount, and the shipping costs. I want folks to be truly satisfied with their purchase--and to benefit from it...

Don't worry about that Gentleman...sell one to me!

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by mathman
Besides, once you're sighted in for a given distance, say 1000 yards, you're sighted in. It's when you start dialing in/out a lot of vertical correction for widely varying distances that errors show up.
and this is why a lot or most shooters never have a clue about plum, level, cant or much of anything eles.

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by mathman
Besides, once you're sighted in for a given distance, say 1000 yards, you're sighted in. It's when you start dialing in/out a lot of vertical correction for widely varying distances that errors show up.
and this is why a lot or most shooters never have a clue about plum, level, cant or much of anything else.

grin

And probably the ones complaining the loudest...

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by sbhooper
The Reticle Tru sounds like an interesting device. I use the Wheeler system of levels and then double check it on a plumb line and tall target.

I would think that the Reticle Tru would be faster, though.

Yep...

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chuck Norris mounts his scope canted and then levels the world...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Chuck Norris doesn't need a scope. Or a rifle.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by smokepole
Chuck Norris doesn't need a scope. Or a rifle.

laugh

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Just an update on this older thread.

Jerry was nice enough to send me a unit, I took it to a mate's place and checked his working rifles and found that they were all canted to the right about the same amount as mine.
After I set my rifles up using the unit I shall drop it around to Redneck Shootin' Supplies and leave it with Tony for use on customers rifles.

Short answer being that the unit works as advertised and I am pleased with the purchase.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
[Linked Image]

Here's the new AR model. The machining on this tool is about as close to perfect as possible...

The testing on the AR samples has turned out favorably.

Interestingly, during that process, I found out from one of the testing individuals that they like it better than the standard model with top and bottom indicators...

I found that the AR model works well on bolt guns too--though for that specific application I do indeed prefer the standard model.

Subsequently, I finally got a few of the aluminum AR Reticle-Tru models made so they can now be sold from the website. A note of no real significance is that the indicator lines are somewhat changed from the testing sample shown in the photo above...

the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Shooting that far, you would have to consider the time of flight. I haven't shot 1,000,000 yards before, but wouldn't you have to consider the earth's rotation while the projectile is in the atmosphere?

The circumference of the earth at almost 24,000 miles and the rotation of the earth making a complete revolution in 24 hours would mean the earth is spinning at 1000 mph at the equator. The farther you get to each pole, the less the speed of rotation and the angle which you shoot would have to be allowed for.

24,000 X consign€ with a + or - of the distance to the North or South Pole using the most common Stick factor as a constant, it could be easily calculated how much the earth does rotate underneath the bullet while it is in the air.

How the scope was mounted wouldn't really be significant with a shot like that, as you certainly wouldn't want it verticals to the bore...

This is why Montana can never legalize marijuana...

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
John, I edited my post to read 1K. Sorry,Sir.

Reticle-Tru ??? Using your shooting eye draw an imaginary centerline from the top of your vertical crosshair to the centerline of your bolt or tang. Do this several times as the human eye can pick up minute variances. After you're satisfied put your "toy Reticle-Tru," on the scope and you will find that the crosshairs are dead nuts on. It's unnecessary. Been doing it for 30 years. Same principal without using a gadget.
Hope this isn't taken in the wrong light as it wasn't meant to be as I have some Sako questions for you and want you to be of a clear head and not aggitated. Just kidding !! wink laugh

Cheers, 284

I center on the bore, or the center of the block on a falling block rifle. Same method as yours.
I have a number of spuds, reticles, levels, and magnetic thingies in boxes. I always end up eyeballing and checking against a vertical line on the wall instead though.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I bought one from Jerry recently and ended up having to adjust a couple of my already mounted scopes after checking them on the Reticle-Tru. I had installed them them using the "eyeball a vertical line" method and it turns out that I must be a quarter bubble off. Which confirms what others have told me.

I also used it to mount up a new scope - fast, easy, and appears to be very accurate.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

I've decided to do a limited offer to 24 Hourcampfire members of the Standard aluminum model Reticle-Tru for an approximately 25% discount, so you will be able to get one for $64.00 + $6.00 shipping, for a total cost of $70.00 (normal cost for standard model is $89.00 + 6.00 shipping).

You will not be able to buy one at this price from my shopping cart on the website--that cart will charge you the regular price. To get one at the reduced price, you will have to contact me via email at the email address provided on the contact page on my website--(not by PM, as I don't sign in on a regular basis). Subsequently, it will all have to be done the old fashioned way--by check--either a u.s. postal check, or money order, sent to me.

I can only do this with a handful of these devices, due to the high cost of machining these units. This particular offer is just for the Standard aluminum model Reticle-Tru (not the aluminum AR model, nor the Standard acetal model), and this particular offering will give some of you interested Campfire members an opportunity to get one at a reduced cost--with only one unit per person.

As a note of interest, this tool is not for occasional use. Obviously, besides gunsmiths and/or gunshops, retail or wholesale sporting goods stores, and serious gun cranks--it is also intended for those individuals who typically mount quite a few scopes during the year. If you only have a scope or two to mount on a rifle on occasion, it may not be the best device for you to invest your money in.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 67 invisible), 2,485 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,932
Posts18,518,954
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.