Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
well i know dr's, lawyers, judges and successful business owners who smoke pretty regular, even a few cops. it comes down to personal responsibility, people who are lazy are doing to be lazy regardless.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
well i know dr's, lawyers, judges and successful business owners who smoke pretty regular, even a few cops. it comes down to personal responsibility, people who are lazy are doing to be lazy regardless.

And pot helps them do it unapologetically. Screw pot smokers.

LOL
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
These discussions always serve as a reminder that modern day conservatives and liberal are fundamental the same, the only difference being who and what they want the government to control. Neither has any desire for freedom. People piss and moan about all the things that are ruining our country's, when in the end it's the government that'll do it, with the approval of the people. Nothing else is anywhere near as dangerous as big government poking it's nose into everything.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Same thoughts & experience here...even at 65 I still occasionally partake in a few tokes of the "evil weed"....usually while drinking beer. I quit when I was working for the govt. & later in life when I was driving trucks. No biggie & I don't think the govt. should have ever gotten involved with making use & possession a crime.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The negative effects that marijuana has had on this country (and continues to have) is like a grain of sand on the ocean bottom compared to the negative effects that alcohol has had on this country (and continues to have).

For those who drink alcohol (their intoxicant of choice) to condemn those who smoke marijuana (their intoxicant of choice) smacks of hypocrisy.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Roger,

I am sure that anyone of us can point out socially responsible users of the stuff.... but in my life experiences, they have been in the minority of the pack....the shiftless in life, have always seemed to be dope users, along with other drugs...

But since its been legalized and living in one of those states that did so....the problems with its usage is coming out of the woodwork around here... increased traffic in the ER at the Hospital here in town....the cops have been busier...

the punk crowd ( which is huge, and unemployed) think it being legalized, that it is perfectly okay to be getting high in public, driving while toking up with their bongs and pipes...

more fender benders around town of people running stop signs and red lights they claim they didn't see...

know one kid who couldn't find a job, because he kept losing them quickly for going out and getting stoned on his break...lost the last one, as his drug test came back saying he was pregnant....

now he got a job in a "Marijuana Clinic"..... gets $!2 an hour.. owner actually comes picks him up and brings him home.. fringe benefits are Obama Care and plenty of free dope on top of it all...he thinks his ship has 'come in' in life...

The climate is great for growing it here.. so suddenly there are all sorts of out of state people coming here, buying up property with acreage... but their first question to the Real Estate people is they want to see places with good irrigation systems...

and we are not talking California people... we talking people from NYC, Chicago, Houston, Atlanta, DC, Philly....and in a town that you hardly ever see a black person in, suddenly we have plenty of them suddenly showing up....violent crimes are skyrocketing for a small rural town of 30,000.... plenty of people here conceal carry, even tho they aren't licensed to do so..
but since legalization the number of firearm related incidents has suddenly skyrocketed also....

all the stuff they don't tell the public "in the travel brochures"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's the seedy, low-life drug of the masses. Disgusting and it stinks. Give me a good dram of Lagavulin in a Waterford Cut Crystal Glass, a good cigar, leather chair by the fire and let the animals smoke the dope.

What Hatari says is spot on. Further, it is a documented fact pot, even in relatively low dosages causes brain issues and even more critical, it is THE Gateway drug to harder stuff. For those of you that travel, take a trip through Holland and when you see what it has done to the youth over there, you might think differently of legalizing it.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All I see here with pot smokers is LAZY, dirty, did I already say lazy?, dreadlocks, tie die t shirts, sandals, dirty Suburus, and 1970's Dodge Monaco motorhomes broken down and abandoned on the edge of the road.

Screw pot smokers. I won't work with or for them.

Had some little hippie tramp in the line in front of me at the local market/gas station. Whole line of people behind me. I'm just standing there minding my own business in a daze after working all day in the heat. She turns around out of the blue and says you're freaking me the F out, go stand over there, pointing off to the side. She got set real straight about what's right and proper and who to respect and who not to.

Screw pot smokers.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

claim ptsd, get a therapy dog, and smoke dope the rest of your life

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Just the opposite.

Alcohol is every bit as evil as weed.

Therefore, alcohol should be illegal, anyone using alcohol is a lazy, worthless, no account, phucquing idiot who can't hold down a steady job, is a constant danger to all around him or her, basically isn't worth a sh*t and should be jailed. Alcohol dealers - 7-11 clerks, Piggly-Wiggly store managers and so forth, should be executed.

Anything less is hypocrisy, plain and simple.

Two wrongs will never make a right. The effect of alcohol on the populous is tremendously widespread. The negative effects on individuals and on society are well known by all.

BUT THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT BOOZE!

It's about weed. Alcohol has ruined many lives. Why ruin more with weed?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why not stop ruining lives with alcohol? We could save tens of thousands of innocent lives snuffed out by drunk drivers, recover millions of man-hours of lost work and salvage thousands of destroyed families.

And while we're at it, let's quit killing people slowly with emphysema, lung, throat and mouth cancer.

The government needs to put a stop to all of the ills that people are victim to, and the only way to do that is with stiff jail sentences for possession of a single joint, single can of beer or even one cigarette, cigar or tin of smokeless.

Btw, another ill people fall victim to is pointing out the mote in other people's eyes while ignoring the beam in their own.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jorgeI
It's the seedy, low-life drug of the masses. Disgusting and it stinks. Give me a good dram of Lagavulin in a Waterford Cut Crystal Glass, a good cigar, leather chair by the fire and let the animals smoke the dope.

What Hatari says is spot on. Further, it is a documented fact pot, even in relatively low dosages causes brain issues and even more critical, it is THE Gateway drug to harder stuff. For those of you that travel, take a trip through Holland and when you see what it has done to the youth over there, you might think differently of legalizing it.

Tobacco and alcohol are the gateway drugs to marijuana.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Of all the people who've smoked marijuana (including those who've gone on to use 'harder stuff'), what percentage of em' do you think started out 'first' by drinking alcohol (even prior to smoking pot)...?

So which intoxicant is the 'real' gateway drug...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Jesus turned water to wine, I don't recall anything in the Good Book about marijuana

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Backroads
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Tobacco and alcohol are the gateway drugs to marijuana.

That would rate a BULLSHIT

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Jesus turned water to wine, I don't recall anything in the Good Book about marijuana

Those seedy lowlife masses, there were no Waterford glasses, fine ceegars or leather chairs.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Religion; the opium of the masses...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Why not stop ruining lives with alcohol? We could save tens of thousands of innocent lives snuffed out by drunk drivers, recover millions of man-hours of lost work and salvage thousands of destroyed families.

And while we're at it, let's quit killing people slowly with emphysema, lung, throat and mouth cancer.

The government needs to put a stop to all of the ills that people are victim to, and the only way to do that is with stiff jail sentences for possession of a single joint, single can of beer or even one cigarette, cigar or tin of smokeless.

Btw, another ill people fall victim to is pointing out the mote in other people's eyes while ignoring the beam in their own.

Well Jim, I know that you pose this rhetorically, but you are aware of our experiement with Prohibition?

I go back to moral equivalents. When do two wrongs make a right? The weed issue is independent of alcohol, tobacco, meth, or overeating. One issue at a time. This was about national weed day, not national Marlboro Day, or International Jack Daniel's Day.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers
Of all the people who've smoked marijuana (including those who've gone on to use 'harder stuff'), what percentage of em' do you think started out 'first' by drinking alcohol (even prior to smoking pot)...?

So which intoxicant is the 'real' gateway drug...?

Well the argument I keep hearing is pot is easier to get for middle schoolers than alcohol.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Backroads
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Those seedy lowlife masses, there were no Waterford glasses, fine ceegars or leather chairs.

By the looks of the Middle East, they probably coudn't grow weed in the desert. Along with John the Baptist, you would have needed Herny the Hydroponic Hemp grower. wink

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,573
Posts18,491,951
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.