-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
its has some legitimate medical uses. by the way i don't smoke.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Herbs are natural however you ingest them. I'm going to open an 'herb bakery and smoke shop'. I reckon my special night shade brownies and Toxicodendron rydbergii tobacco will be hyuge sensations. laugh

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by Backroads
I read the part where you said you gave it up 40 years ago.
Except for the fine cigars.
There is always an exception for an addict.

You're an idiot.

For starters. First, maybe a cigar once or twice and if I dont have one, I don't go around getting the DTs, or hit old ladies over the head to steal their purses and or slit their throats.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by jorgeI
It's the seedy, low-life drug of the masses. Disgusting and it stinks. Give me a good dram of Lagavulin in a Waterford Cut Crystal Glass, a good cigar, leather chair by the fire and let the animals smoke the dope.

What Hatari says is spot on. Further, it is a documented fact pot, even in relatively low dosages causes brain issues and even more critical, it is THE Gateway drug to harder stuff. For those of you that travel, take a trip through Holland and when you see what it has done to the youth over there, you might think differently of legalizing it.

Tobacco and alcohol are the gateway drugs to marijuana.

That would rate a BULLSHIT
So does all the gateway nonsense. About like guns kill.

Except for that pesky issue of a FACT regarding THC being a gateway drug, your post is spot on..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
6 Powerful Reasons to Legalize Marijuana, From the New York Times

1. Prohibition has enormous social costs.

The deleterious effects of prohibition run from wasted resources to ruined lives. Our police devote thousands of hours to arresting, booking and imprisoning marijuana smokers, many of whom are otherwise law-abiding. The most unfortunate of these arrestees have spent over a decade in prison, in some cases for nothing more than possession of cannabis for personal use.

2. The benefits of criminalization are minuscule to nonexistent.

Cannabis prohibition is quite costly, but so are other government initiatives. A fair analysis of criminalization must also consider its benefits. The thing is, it’s not clear that there are any.

One of the strangest aspects of the war on drugs is how completely it has failed at reducing drug use, despite costing over $51 billion annually, according to the Drug Policy Alliance.

3. Prohibition is racist.

In one of its series of editorials, the Times reviews the history of cannabis criminalization, and finds it has been racist from the outset in the 1930s. The campaign to make pot illegal was “firmly rooted in prejudices against Mexican immigrants and African Americans, who were associated with marijuana use at the time.” The word “marijuana” was popularized as a way to associate the plant with Mexicans.

4. Cannabis has legitimate medical effects.

The narrative of cannabis as a harmful drug has been dominant for so long, that many people had trouble accepting the plant’s demonstrated medicinal effects. Opinions on medical marijuana have shifted dramatically in the last two decades: this year, a slew of mostly conservative states passed laws permitting epilepsy patients to use strains of cannabis high in CBD. These states joined 23 others with broader medical marijuana laws. While the federal government still lists cannabis as a Schedule I drug, meaning it does not acknowledge any legitimate medical use, the states clearly disagree.

5. Legalization won’t lead to increased use.

There is reason even for people who oppose the use of marijuana to support its legalization: legal substances can be controlled in ways illegal ones cannot.

Ignore "6" if you like.

6. Cannabis is less harmful than alcohol or tobacco.

American history has a good analog for cannabis prohibition: alcohol prohibition. With both, use of the substance did not stop, laws were selectively enforced and violent gangs made staggering profits filling a market law-abiding merchants could no longer touch. In the end, despite alcohol’s costs to bodily health, and the alarming effects it can have on behavior, it was determined, rightly, that criminalizing alcohol did more harm than good.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I believe #5. #3? Pleeeze!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hatari
Can any of you make the case for weed without a moral equivalent? Weed as an issue by itself.

Not weed = alcohol, not weed = tobacco, not prohibitition was a failure. I don't want to hear "you suck because you drink but don't want to legalize weed". I don't want to hear stoners should have unfettered access to pot just because millions drink everyday. Discuss weed on its own merits and as its own subject. You can start another thread about booze and cigs if you want and I'll happily opine on those individual issues.

Just pointing out the hypocricy of a tobacco and alcohol user telling me that marijuana is somehow worse.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Here is the rest of #3

Harry Anslinger, criminalization’s biggest champion, is responsible for any number of quotes that sound like satire, but formed the basis of the movement to make cannabis illegal:

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers,” Anslinger declared. “Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana usage. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others.”

Fast-forward to present day, and the words we use around marijuana have improved, but our actions have not.

“Whites and blacks use marijuana at roughly the same rates; on average, however, blacks are 3.7 times more likely than whites to be arrested for possession, according to a comprehensive 2013 report by the A.C.L.U.,” the Times lays out. “In Iowa, blacks are 8.3 times more likely to be arrested, and in the worst-offending counties in the country, they are up to 30 times more likely to be arrested. The war on drugs aims its firepower overwhelmingly at African-Americans on the street, while white users smoke safely behind closed doors.”

This racial disparity has been present throughout the life of marijuana prohibition. While the obvious solution for a proponent of criminalization would be for police to arrest more white pot smokers—after all, they are criminals too, aren’t they?—no one seems to want to lead that charge. Instead, the drug war, however well meaning its supporters, is in practice, a blatant assault on minorities and their economic mobility.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

+1

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

You're an idiot.

Great argument. Welcome to the discussion on hypocrisy.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Had some little hippie tramp in the line in front of me at the local market/gas station. Whole line of people behind me. I'm just standing there minding my own business in a daze after working all day in the heat. She turns around out of the blue and says you're freaking me the F out, go stand over there, pointing off to the side. She got set real straight about what's right and proper and who to respect and who not to.

You should change your handle to Buffalo Bill.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You're an idiot.

Great argument. Welcome to the discussion on hypocrisy.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Before it was made illegal, one of the "arguments" to criminalize it was that black men who smoked it often raped white women. It's factual history. Ever see Reefer Madness?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"From The New York Times"...that about covers it

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Only other thing I can add after reading this some more, I can usually tell when someone at a fire scene had to much to drink. I can smell it on them generally for starters.

I have NO clue how to tell someone is high on weed.

I"d hate to rely my life on entering a burning building, with another fellow high on weed.

Of course if slow and stupid by either, and you came to the call and get me killed, I think you should have the death penalty.

Bottom line, personal responsibility.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Weed is legal in Alaska.

[Linked Image]
April 17, 2016

See! All the trouble is solved!

$5000 bust.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NeBassman
Here is the rest of #3

The New York Times lays out. “In Iowa, blacks are 8.3 times more likely to be arrested, and in the worst-offending counties in the country, they are up to 30 times more likely to be arrested. The war on drugs aims its firepower overwhelmingly at African-Americans on the street, while white users smoke safely behind closed doors.”

In Iowa???? How many freaking brothers can you possible have in Iowa? I have more in my neighborhood than are probably in all of Iowa.

Maybe brothers shouldn't do dumpass activities that get them arrested while puffin on the blunt and sipping purple drank.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I tried pot for the first time in many years when I was in Colorado last summer. I don't care for it any more.

But I've always thought that making it illegal was ridiculous.

Half the stuff doctors prescribe will kill you deader than 4 o'clock,..and the government is worried about a weed that grows wild all over the place.

There's probably 1000 different types of weeds growing in my back yard and nobody gives a damn if I smoke any of them.

But if it turns out that smoking one type of them makes you want to eat ice cream and listen to music, they'll lock your ass up for it.

It's fuggin' stupid.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Or it will make ya a rabid trump supporter ! Lol 😁

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RickyD
Before it was made illegal, one of the "arguments" to criminalize it was that black men who smoked it often raped white women. It's factual history. Ever see Reefer Madness?

You would have to be more than high, to rape a black woman! laugh

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

669 members (16gage, 160user, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 10ring1, 16penny, 63 invisible), 3,035 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,620
Posts18,492,682
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.