Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted By Lobo80
diatribe?...I think Bill O'Riley used that as the "word of the day" one time. grin

He probably did. O'Reilly is an ass of epic proportions, and an anti-2A crusader, but he (or his staff) at least has a decent command of the English language.

I agree, I only watch him because at the end of the day I can vent my frustrations by yelling at the TV. mad. It's entertainment, like this subject has become. crazy Like we use to say in the 60's...or was it the 50's?.... Peace wink

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lobo80
Originally Posted By Lobo80
diatribe?...I think Bill O'Riley used that as the "word of the day" one time. grin

He probably did. O'Reilly is an ass of epic proportions, and an anti-2A crusader, but he (or his staff) at least has a decent command of the English language.

I agree, I only watch him because at the end of the day I can vent my frustrations by yelling at the TV. mad. It's entertainment, like this subject has become. crazy Like we use to say in the 60's...or was it the 50's?.... Peace wink

Truth. wink

Just don't you go and throw things at the TV. That could get expensive quickly.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Love your sense of humor Lobo. And you are correct about what 4ager has made of this thread. But maybe it's all he has, so who knows?

Quote 4aqer:
Of course, that would have required reading comprehension and some degree of intelligence; both of which you are failing to display.

grin grin grin Yeah, one of us sure is having comprehension issues. What part of the shotgun will be used in the bed room at short range did you not comprehend? I am not going to use pejorative language with you today because I don't know your situation. I see that you are approaching 17,000 posts on the Camp Fire. That means that you spend a lot of time here which means you don't have a lot to do with your life. And, the camp Fire likely isn't the only place you post to and frequent. I am going to cut you some slack because you probably need it and I can afford to give it because I am living the absolute best life.

I once got into a protracted discussion with a guy on a small forum dedicated to BCPR shooting. I own a hunting camp in the deep south, so I invited everyone on the forum to bring their BCPR rifles and come down to the camp for four days of black powder rifle shooting, guitar picking, blues playing, a little beer drinking, and we would cook a whole hog and get to know each other. Sixteen guys actually did bring their rifles and guitars and showed up for that and we had a blast. The guy that I had the difference of opinion with declined to come and I thought it may be because I owned the camp and he may feel out of place which made me feel like an ass because it was only a disagreement and I thought nothing more of it. He had his opinions and I had mine and I was okay with that. Not a big deal to me.

So I extended an open personal invitation to him to come to the shoot on the forum so everyone could see that I had no ill feelings towards the guy. He declined saying his car was broke, he lived in South Dakota, and he couldn't drive down. I offered to put up the first 100 bucks to buy him a plane ticket and very quickly, we had 500 bucks pledged from the other guys for his tickets. Then he said that he had a fear of flying and couldn't do that. Then one member of the forum who lived in Canada said that he was driving down in his camper and would go through South Dakota and pick him up and drive him down and then back home. The guy once again declined. So the guy in Canada drove down through South Dakota and looked this ole boy up.

What he found was a man living in public housing with an old Dodge in the parking lot with the paint peeling and the steering wheel and half the steering column lying in the front seat. The man was confined to a wheel chair and had a colostomy, so he couldn't get very far from a bath room. He had one 30-30 Marlin rifle, a black powder pistol replica, a buck skin coat and an old woman who lived with him but was not his wife who bitched all the time. When I learned that, I really felt bad for having taken issue with the guy because compared to him, I have the world on a string. I am happy, healthy, and well situated in retirement and thankful for all of that.

50 years ago old fat men sat in their garage and talked around the world with short wave radio's to entertain themselves. Today they sit in front of their computers and type on internet forums and there is nothing wrong with that. It gives their otherwise miserable lives some meaning. If you read much of what they post, you learn that they just like to talk, but don't really have any real knowledge other than the fact that they may own several firearms, which of course, means that they are experts of some sort. And again, there is nothing wrong with that until they begin to make accusations and become argumentative, rude and nasty. They usually quickly resort to that because it's all they have. They can't have a discussion based on information and facts. They are just fat, old men who never really made it in life and now they sit around and make 17,000 postings to just one internet forum. I know you voted for Obama twice and he let you down. Frankly 4ager, I feel sorry for you. All that hope and change business didn't work out for you.

But today beginning at noon we are having a hamburger cook out and five stand shootout at the range and I have to go load the truck and get ready to go. I hope you enjoy your day because I am sure going to enjoy mine.

Last edited by BobWills; 04/26/16.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Before you start feeling sorry for me, in order to make yourself feel better, I'll head you off at that pass. Rather odd, though, that somehow and for some reason you've turned your posts on this thread into a fixation on me. Why, well only you know the answer. But, I'll humor you if only to feed into your issues.

Life is pretty damned good, actually. House, wife, kids, stable and pretty decent job, better than adequate pay, and a relatively nice future ahead of me (God willing). I live in an area where I can hunt, fish, shoot, and enjoy the outdoors quite a bit (and I do). As soon as the weather breaks and I get a few things off the desk, I think I'll hit the tail end of the shad run here locally (again), and maybe try to put another gobbler in the freezer. The jake from this fall needs "company".

As for the "hope and change" business; another swing and a miss. I'm a tax PAYING (as in I pay in and don't receive) member of society, solid conservative voter who despises Hussein and the left. Life NRA member, member of the state 2A defense organization as well, and a hunter education instructor. Sorry to burst that bubble of yours, Bob, but you're off base, again.

In fact, I've hunted with more than a few members of this Campfire and will do so again this fall. So much for your thinking that I'm one of the few that hide in their basements or houses that their parent's bought them (there's at least one of those on here) and avoid human contact. That'd be yet another incorrect assumption on your part.

So, you can insinuate (again) that my life sucks just to make you feel better about yours, but you'd be dead wrong there as well. Neat story, though, and well played in trying to paint me into what you wish I was, instead of who and what I am.

Enjoy your day.

Last edited by 4ager; 04/26/16.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alukban

Do you carry a .380?

No, I don't..............the smallest gun that I carry is a J-framed .38, occasionally as the only gun, most usually as a 2nd gun if carried at all.

Primary calibers carried are 9mm or 45 ACP about 50/50 these days.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BobWills
Love your sense of humor Lobo. And you are correct about what 4ager has made of this thread. But maybe it's all he has, so who knows?

Quote 4aqer:
Of course, that would have required reading comprehension and some degree of intelligence; both of which you are failing to display.

grin grin grin Yeah, one of us sure is having comprehension issues. What part of the shotgun will be used in the bed room at short range did you not comprehend? I am not going to use pejorative language with you today because I don't know your situation. I see that you are approaching 17,000 posts on the Camp Fire. That means that you spend a lot of time here which means you don't have a lot to do with your life. And, the camp Fire likely isn't the only place you post to and frequent. I am going to cut you some slack because you probably need it and I can afford to give it because I am living the absolute best life.

I once got into a protracted discussion with a guy on a small forum dedicated to BCPR shooting. I own a hunting camp in the deep south, so I invited everyone on the forum to bring their BCPR rifles and come down to the camp for four days of black powder rifle shooting, guitar picking, blues playing, a little beer drinking, and we would cook a whole hog and get to know each other. Sixteen guys actually did bring their rifles and guitars and showed up for that and we had a blast. The guy that I had the difference of opinion with declined to come and I thought it may be because I owned the camp and he may feel out of place which made me feel like an ass because it was only a disagreement and I thought nothing more of it. He had his opinions and I had mine and I was okay with that. Not a big deal to me.

So I extended an open personal invitation to him to come to the shoot on the forum so everyone could see that I had no ill feelings towards the guy. He declined saying his car was broke, he lived in South Dakota, and he couldn't drive down. I offered to put up the first 100 bucks to buy him a plane ticket and very quickly, we had 500 bucks pledged from the other guys for his tickets. Then he said that he had a fear of flying and couldn't do that. Then one member of the forum who lived in Canada said that he was driving down in his camper and would go through South Dakota and pick him up and drive him down and then back home. The guy once again declined. So the guy in Canada drove down through South Dakota and looked this ole boy up.

What he found was a man living in public housing with an old Dodge in the parking lot with the paint peeling and the steering wheel and half the steering column lying in the front seat. The man was confined to a wheel chair and had a colostomy, so he couldn't get very far from a bath room. He had one 30-30 Marlin rifle, a black powder pistol replica, a buck skin coat and an old woman who lived with him but was not his wife who bitched all the time. When I learned that, I really felt bad for having taken issue with the guy because compared to him, I have the world on a string. I am happy, healthy, and well situated in retirement and thankful for all of that.

50 years ago old fat men sat in their garage and talked around the world with short wave radio's to entertain themselves. Today they sit in front of their computers and type on internet forums and there is nothing wrong with that. It gives their otherwise miserable lives some meaning. If you read much of what they post, you learn that they just like to talk, but don't really have any real knowledge other than the fact that they may own several firearms, which of course, means that they are experts of some sort. And again, there is nothing wrong with that until they begin to make accusations and become argumentative, rude and nasty. They usually quickly resort to that because it's all they have. They can't have a discussion based on information and facts. They are just fat, old men who never really made it in life and now they sit around and make 17,000 postings to just one internet forum. I know you voted for Obama twice and he let you down. Frankly 4ager, I feel sorry for you. All that hope and change business didn't work out for you.

But today beginning at noon we are having a hamburger cook out and five stand shootout at the range and I have to go load the truck and get ready to go. I hope you enjoy your day because I am sure going to enjoy mine.

Cool story bro.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by BobWills
[Linked Image]

Sometimes in the dead of winter I get a craving to drink burboun, play my guitar, and sing the blues. It's a feeling that just comes over me sudden like and I want to be around other people who like to do that too. On those occasions I strap on these right and left side Askins Avenger holsters and stick a pair of 1911's in them along with a bunch of extra magazines and a sharp knife in my vest pockets. I cover this with a long olive drab cotton vest made from an old Army coat with the sleeves and collar cut off. Thusly armed, I take my guitar and case and ease off across the railroad tracks into the wrong side of town into a blues playing juke joint or honky tonk and sit in with the blues band and sing and play and have a few drinks.

Some of those places have a few ole boys who are sorta ruff and unfinished around the edges, so I always go prepared to deal with them if I should be required to. I am an old man who just wants to sing some blues, and pick a few tunes on my guitar and those 1911's are my insurance that once I get in there, I can get out again. And if it ever happens that I don't come out, you'll hear about it on the 6 o'clock news because I am not going to be the only SOB that does not come out you can be dam sure of that.

Is that you Josey Wales???......lol

Go looking for trouble, strapped to the hilt in a drinking joint, it's never too hard to find.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I reckon so.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I reckon so..."spit"

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
When I carry, it is my TCP and I carry it because it is small enough that I will carry it.

People talk about the TCPs, but I have fed mine everything up to 102 gr TC, including some things in mixed mags and the only failures I have had can be traceed to the guy reloading the ammo.

Hey reload for and shoot wheelguns and single shots what to I know!

If I decide to go armed it is 357 or something starting with a 4.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i am kind of a fan of shotguns, and the different makes and models, also of the ammo.
I think bob might be talking about that fiochhi copper plated stuff, i think it's running like 1500fps. I have often thought about buying a box to mess with.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Nothing wrong with a shotgun, the racking thing is all TV. Some prefer 5.56 cal carbines as they are more familiar with this gun. Bob you are an OK guy, and obviously a staunch 2cnd amendment man. I have started taking training classes in my "Fall Season" it's a lot of fun and damn if those kids don't know something. This place is not unlike my hunting camps, someone always goes to bed early due to the arguments.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Go looking for trouble, strapped to the hilt in a drinking joint, it's never too hard to find.

Exactly correct MM. But if you read these threads posted here about what guys carry every day, it is obvious that I am not the only one who goes prepared. Those of us who carry every day don't go looking for trouble, but we do go prepared for it. My state allows concealed carry in establishments that serve alcohol, so that is not an issue here.

As a former deputy sheriff, I am more than a little familiar with the criminal mind set and part of the job was to check on juke joints. We were always armed when we did that. We were not armed because we were looking for trouble. We were armed to protect our lives.

Apparently you have never been at a night club at close up time when everybody has left and it's quiet except for the band taking their instruments and amplifiers to the door. There is a reason we all pull our cars and trucks up close to the door to load our gear out at the same time. There is a reason most musicians who play in those kinds of places go armed. There is a reason the doors are locked and the alarm turned on while the night receipts are counted and prepared for bank deposit.

Night clubs take in a LOT OF CASH. I or other band members sometimes accompany the club close up person to the night deposit at the nearest bank at 3 or 4 AM and you can bet that person is armed. He isn't armed because he is looking for trouble. He is armed to protect his life because whether you believe it or not, there really are bad guys out there.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This thread his gone to total shït...

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
This thread his gone to total shït...

A quote from the movie "The Mountainmen"

"What's the matter with ya, don't ya wanna have fun no more"

laugh laugh laugh

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
BW,

OK I get it, there's a little more to the story.

When you said you go to the juke joints to satisfy a craving for bourbon, guitar, and blues, I took you at your word.

My mistake.

Yeah, I've done my share of tending bar, pushing customers out at closing, counting cash, and cleaning up.

Alcohol is helluva thing. Brings folks true personalities right to the surface. The happy, the horny, the surly, the depressed, etc, etc.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Nothing wrong with a shotgun, the racking thing is all TV. Some prefer 5.56 cal carbines as they are more familiar with this gun. Bob you are an OK guy, and obviously a staunch 2cnd amendment man. I have started taking training classes in my "Fall Season" it's a lot of fun and damn if those kids don't know something. This place is not unlike my hunting camps, someone always goes to bed early due to the arguments.

ah, that racking is not just a t.v. thing. Many many years ago i and a city cop got a call about a drunk guy with a gun threatening to kill some people, himself too, behind whiskey row in prescott. When we pulled up, a crowd of drunks egging him on.
My partner pulled the 12 guage, got out and racked it. The crowd and the stupid got real quiet. My partner gave hime a choice, lay the revolver down on the ground like a good boy, or die.
He layed it down on the ground. That was my introduction to law enforcement.
Another episode a few years later at about 2am in the morning with another misunderstood person, that hearing the gun being wracked actually urinated on himself. I use to hate that when that happened and you had to put them in a squad car, like drunks vomiting in your back seat.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Hey this thread served a good purpose, i pulled out my manurhin walther 380 out of the safe. The one with no bluing left on the back of the grip, and actually reloaded it after cleaning.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
When you said you go to the juke joints to satisfy a craving for bourbon, guitar, and blues, I took you at your word.

My mistake.

Yeah, I've done my share of tending bar, pushing customers out at closing, counting cash, and cleaning up.

When I was a young bad a$$ (1969..ya I'm old) I worked part time as a bouncer in the most popular night spot in town. I carried a Baby Browning in my pocket. Back then you didn't have a choice of ammo in .25cal. The local law told me if I ever had to shoot someone with that little pea shooter to make sure they weren't on the other side of a screen door. laugh It's amazing that I lived through those years. eek

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (160user, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 65 invisible), 2,355 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,827
Posts18,477,918
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.