Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
la4wd54 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
So.... what's on everybodies menu for tomorrow, meat-wise? I've got two turkeys to fry and a 30# wild pig that I'm gonna cook on my "coonass microwave". The wife also has a regular ham that she does inside in the regular oven.

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one".....Luke 22:36
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Havin' pig on the grill and turkey under the bucket.
<br>
<br>Pardon this rednecks lack of learnin', but what in thunder is a coonass microwave?

la4wd54 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Wall, a coonass microwave is just a wooden roasting box. Works like a convection oven, great for slow cooking large cuts of meat or whole critters. Season 'em up ( powder rub and inject with your favorite liquid seasoning ) cook for three to five hours, depending on size. Here's a link to a store-bought one.
<br>http://ww.crawfish.cc/Cajunmicrowave.htm
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one".....Luke 22:36
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"coonass microwave" I love it. [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>Oh yeah, Smoked wild turkey and honey glazed ham. And sandwiches for the next two weeks.

Last edited by prairie dog shooter; 11/27/02.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
TurDuckHen (has crawfish/cormbread, rice/andouille and osyter/giblet dressings in it, different one for each bird)will have a venison country ham that I make during deer season. The ham for this year is three years old has had a good long time to age and last but buy no means least prime rib of elk. Swapped a 14 month old angus steer for a three year old farm rasied bull and buchered both here on the farm . I surely do like elk.
<br>Happy ThanksGiving all.

Handgun Hunter no more. STILL LOVE THOSE .41's
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Turkey, dressing, a spiral cut ham, 3 kinds of spuds, yams, peas and pearl onions, green beans, fresh hot rolls, eggnog, soda, adult beverages, pumpkin, sweet potato, apple and mince pies, ice cream, whipped cream and all the coffee we can drink!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well I think I am going to fly out to T Lee's place for Thanksgiving.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
C'mon down, we have plenty!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
As some of my friends would say, don't tempt me. If it wasn't for the distance and the fact I have a wife that won't let me, I would be there. When I was single, I was known to take off on a whim, even to Hawaii one time.
<br>Anyway hope all have a good Holiday and make sure your friends and family know how much you all love them.[Linked Image]

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks guy, Punta Gorda general aviation field is only 10 min from the house and Southwest International (Ft Myers) is only abot 40 miles. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>Always let friends and family know how I feel about them, life is too short to put it off.
<br>
<br>Have a good one.

Old cat turd!

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Ja Ole und Sven done give me da invite to Thanks givin dinner. Dey be haven da usual Lutefisk mit al dem fixins. Ole likes to have da Crempaukin, lefsa mit der lingonberry jelly. Sven yust get wasted on Aquvic den goes down to McDonalds for da Big Mak, he be haten lutefisk. Me I am cookin da bird and a small pot of der oyster stew, gotta hav dem smashed tatoes, for desert real pumpkin pie and homemade minced meat pie,
<br>
<br>Bullvinkl[Linked Image] happy thanks giving guys and a HI HO Silver away...or is that "enguage"

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 17,358 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,870
Posts18,537,848
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
2 hours ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.