Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I lost my job in 2014. Interviewed with several places that wouldn't offer fulltime, because they didn't want to offer insurance. Took a job and they let me work 40hrs for first 6 weeks, then cut me back to 22hrs a week. I asked for more hours and they told me no, because they had to get my hours back down to skate under the ACA. Finally made me fulltime after 6 months. Just filed my 2015 taxes, and got hit with $300 penalty! Obamacare ruined jobs, raised premiums, and taxed those down on their luck.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by jdm953
Obamacare expanded medicaid.Medicaid is Obamacare.

Absolutely...and with different rules. Things like this never happened before Obamacare because it was absolutely illegal for a hospital to turn someone down through the emergency room. Even if they had no insurance of any kind at all.

I'm pretty sure Ocare and State Exchanges are now just like Medicare and handled by a third party "Private" insurance company who makes the "Coverage" decisions dictating whether you will live or die.

Last edited by Bugout4x4; 05/01/16.

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Putting Palin aside, the ACA was designed to collapse the insurance market and then transfer healthcare to the federal government.
The economic reality is that: how could a company fail to make a profit when the government mandates you buy their product?
Simple: you force insurance companies to accept all consumers, even those with pre-existing conditions and not charge them anymore than healthy people. The company raises its premiums to the healthy to factor in the un-healthy. Over time the company cannot keep up with the high volume of clinic, ER, hospital costs. Eventually the costs outstrip the premiums and you raise them even more. In fact 2017 is projected to have greater increases than 2016. In a few years the system collapses because more anymore will refuse to pay the exorbitant premiums and opt to "pay the fine". Only the feds will NOT collect the fine if you don't owe the IRS on your yearly tax statement. They have no other way of collecting the fine.
That means fewer dollars for reimbursement and it collapses the system even faster.

The ultimate goal is single payer - basically Medicare from cradle to the grave.
The new model cannot hep but parallel the VA system of "healthcare". This means, rationed care, delays, incompetence and yes, "death panels".

I am reminded of a Medical Examiner who told me at the scene of an unattended death, he'd rather send his father to veterinary doctor than the VA Medical System.

As for Palin, she was correct. "Death panels" were in the ACA, then taken out after the uproar and than later, quietly put back in.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 05/01/16.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
mohick,

The only thing that crucified her was empty space between ears.

Upon what do you base this statement? I'm thinking she might be smarter than you.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Ringman
mohick,

Upon what do you base this statement? I'm thinking she might be smarter than you.

The Palin record still makes her a LOT smarter...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by mohick

Regardless what you think of her, she was correct on the issue as highlighted by the OP.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Putting Palin aside, the ACA was designed to collapse the insurance market and then transfer healthcare to the federal government.
The economic reality is that: how could a company fail to make a profit when the government mandates you buy their product?
Simple: you force insurance companies to accept all consumers, even those with pre-existing conditions and not charge them anymore than healthy people. The company raises its premiums to the healthy to factor in the un-healthy. Over time the company cannot keep up with the high volume of clinic, ER, hospital costs. Eventually the costs outstrip the premiums and you raise them even more. In fact 2017 is projected to have greater increases than 2016. In a few years the system collapses because more anymore will refuse to pay the exorbitant premiums and opt to "pay the fine". Only the feds will NOT collect the fine if you don't owe the IRS on your yearly tax statement. They have no other way of collecting the fine.
That means fewer dollars for reimbursement and it collapses the system even faster.

The ultimate goal is single payer - basically Medicare from cradle to the grave.
The new model cannot hep but parallel the VA system of "healthcare". This means, rationed care, delays, incompetence and yes, "death panels".

I am reminded of a Medical Examiner who told me at the scene of an unattended death, he'd rather send his father to veterinary doctor than the VA Medical System.

As for Palin, she was correct. "Death panels" were in the ACA, then taken out after the uproar and than later, quietly put back in.

Very well stated.

The problem is it ended up giving the insurance companies even more decision power and profits.

Example...

One of my Daughters and Son in Law both work at the same hospital and have two Children. Their insurance through work is funneled through the cheaper Family plan on my Son in laws contract. Their contribution towards the Coverage is $1200 a month AFTER their employers contribution.

This amount equals the house payment they now cannot make!

Even with this very large contribution towards Insurance they still have to dishonestly cheat the system in order to get needed care. The insurance Company completely denies all care except basic preventative care unless it is a life threatening emergency through an Emergency room.

So now when any very time sensitive procedures need to be done their Doctor and themselves have to discretely arrange and preplan a date for them to check into the Emergency Room in order to force the Insurance company to cover it. 1200 dollars a month should buy much better respect and care for these kids not to mention their Doctor's Knowledge and expertise of what care should be provided and when it needs to be provided.

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Harry M
Predicting Obama Care was going to be a disaster was the same as predicting the sun rises in the east.....
INDEED!

But the Kool-Aiders sucked it up like a Hoover DeLuxe..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

480 members (10Glocks, 17CalFan, 163bc, 1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 37 invisible), 1,885 guests, and 1,080 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,456
Posts18,508,173
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.