Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 40 of 63 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 62 63
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by saddlering
I look forward to this form! Slumlord I have a cigar box full of points and knives just like the ones you have found, but mine were found by my father and 2 uncles 65-80 years ago in Tenn. while plowing behind a mule! thye would find a few things every spring, even have a 4 sided knife, by the time i was old enough to want to look for them my Grandfather had sold off part of the farm, and that was the spot that they used to find the points. Farm was about 8-10 miles out side of Dickson Tenn.
i'm about 30 miles from Dickson. There's a lot of "Indian stuff" around here. Old stuff!!

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Has anyone taken the time to string one up to see how difficult it would have been to hit a target. Just curious. Cool pics, refreshing change from politics.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Little 'blunt' (hafted scraper)

[Linked Image]

Retooled point into a drill

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Small possible paleo ( found by my bud renegade50) he found this yesterday a gifted it to me.

[Linked Image]

Will post more in a couple hours. Theyre still in the mud bucket.

Last edited by slumlord; 05/10/16.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This broken point is not much but the location was interesting.

I was walking the crest of the Sangre dr Cristo range above treeline and noticed a low saddle that formed a dip in the ridge. It was low enough to have some trees and game trails that funneled over that low spot from either side.
It was an obvious locations for a hunter and looks to have been hunted for centuries.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I just found this thread, it's great.

When I was a kid, my father would take me out "arrow heading". Being a stone cutter by trade, I have a great appreciation for this stuff. These Indians were real craftsmen. I wish I had time to hunt for them, but haven't been out looking since I was a teenager. I miss it.

My father passed away back in February and we just finished clearing out all of the stuff from the house and I grabbed this off of the wall. It was missing the point all the way to the right. So I started digging through a box of nick knacks and found a small point to replace the missing one.

[Linked Image]

Before I did that, my wife gave this piece to me for my birthday to replace it. She bought it on line and was under the impression that it was ancient, but it's new. When I told her that, she looked back on the website and confirmed that it's a reproduction. But the guy who made it is an artist IMHO.

[Linked Image]

I've got a hammer head at home. I'll take a picture of it and post it tomorrow.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Finally got this to upload

[Linked Image]

And here's my last of the last that was in Sunday's pouch. Everything is all scrubbed up and put away. Got some major surgery tomorrow so I'm done for as far as May goes.

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thanks for posting all of you. cool

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wish I could find something other than scraps..... At least I got my kchunt off'n the kchouch.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Thanks again for posting and wish you luck with your Surgery!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Found this in my father's house. Is it a hammer head?

[Linked Image]

Ronald Reagan
IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Likely was if that grove goes all the way around. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Second piece of "Indian jewelry" I have found. It's called a gorget and this one is quartz crystal. Very clear. The workmanship is beautiful.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This last shot is of the thickness, which is about 3/8". The photo makes it look rough, but it is actually very smooth around the outer edge. I'll never know how they flaked a material as hard as quartz this perfectly.

[Linked Image]

If you don't like Robert E. Lee, you won't like it on this ranch. JGM
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
It's not an Indian Artifact, but it's pretty cool and I thought you guys might appreciate it. It's a piece of Pennsylvania Flagstone my father found in the stone yard about 60 years ago. It's about 12" tall.

[Linked Image]

Ronald Reagan
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You guys are posting up some great pieces!

Public landowner...
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
been a slow spring, here's the last 3-4 outings total

[Linked Image]

bam!!!!!!!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Divided up the big tools from the blades and points

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

bam!!!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I have sorted out the last 2 years worth of brokes, crudes and flakes. Just kept the best of the best.

All of these reject pieces are being eliminated. I have been having an on-going problem with a few trespassers invading my spots while I'm out working to pay their bills. Meth heads, drunks, disability fakers and I even have one questionable 'wounded warrior' dude out there with his fuggin 'therapy dog' all putting down footprints.

All this crap I will seed one key area they always frequent. This should keep them busy for several years. I will just have to sacrifice that spot for a while.

[Linked Image]

bwahahahahahaaa!!!!!!
johnny apple seed
good idea

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Last good day in the field for me for a while. Honestly thought this thread and its contents and my contributions would get more appreciation. But oh well fugg it, I realize the main type of people on this forum now. Bunch of do-nothing retired people who have had their balls surgically removed.

Glad to see Mathsr your 98 year old loved one is still able to get out. She must have 100x more drive than 19,000 members of this forum. Aka the the cut-n-paste Hannity jockeys.

Anyway for few that do look: this point was found by partner. He views this post, he will claim it.

[Linked Image]

bout chit myself when I came across this had a slightly broke stem fugg.....
wish I had a pic of my little bear creek spearpoint I found earlier this year

Last edited by renegade50; 05/12/16.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Nice big tool, heat treated. With Adena.

[Linked Image]

we see these all over
all broke to various size pieces

nother bout shyt myself incident when slumlord said hey look what I just found

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by oldgunsmith
Drug my nuts out and found a few recently. (haven't been castrated) I guess my eyes haven't failed me, as I find a few of these tiny arrow points. The two larger of the three are dart points. But I'm sure all of ya'll know that. Anyway, this is a fun thread. Nothing much better than hunting arrowheads. All the ones I have shown come off of my own property, so I don't have to jack with trespassers, thank God !!! All of them have come off of a campsite that is about 2 acres in size.

Don't think I'll be here in 24 years, but I hope my kids would take me out hunting when I was 98 !!! Love to hear your Mother made her find. Good on you !!!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

nice finds!!!!

I need to get something other than my frigging flip phone and get some pics on here

Page 40 of 63 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 62 63

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (1936M71, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1minute, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 67 invisible), 2,385 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,704
Posts18,513,844
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.