Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
I'm sure that I have stated more than once here that I am eighty one and have beat cancer twice, by the grace of God. That was colon in 1999 and prostate in 2008 so now I have LUNG cancer.

Back in November I crashed a dirt bike and the ER people thought a chest x ray was in order. Nothing found. About two months ago or so I developed a miserable cough, cough cough. Off to the walk in clinic where the doctor gave me a prescription for some good codeine based cough syrup. No help so about ten days later I went back and saw a different doctor.He decided we needed to do a chest x ray and sure enough there is a "mass" in my right lung.

So off to the big hospital for a CT scan. Sure enough. Cancer about the size of a nickel with some lymph nodes looking pretty sad. Next they did a biopsy. Bad. So Monday I will get started on six weeks of radiation with a shot of chemo once a week. Fun!

So, if you're a mind to, I would appreciate a few prayers.

Thanks

Ivan

Damn sorry to hear this Bigbuck215 no one should have to battle Cancer 3 times. Im going thru Chemo now for Colon Cancer. You are in my thoughts and prayers. If you have beat it twice you can do it again. I really am starting to dislike this cancer crap.

Good Luck Sir.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Just saw this. Prayers sent.

Deans

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Sir you have my prayers. I have to say that if you're 81, have beat cancer twice and just wrecked your dirt bike you are one tough dude. Not only do I believe you'll beat cancer I'm more afraid FOR the cancer.lol

God bless

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
I'm sure that I have stated more than once here that I am eighty one and have beat cancer twice, by the grace of God. That was colon in 1999 and prostate in 2008 so now I have LUNG cancer.

Back in November I crashed a dirt bike and the ER people thought a chest x ray was in order. Nothing found. About two months ago or so I developed a miserable cough, cough cough. Off to the walk in clinic where the doctor gave me a prescription for some good codeine based cough syrup. No help so about ten days later I went back and saw a different doctor.He decided we needed to do a chest x ray and sure enough there is a "mass" in my right lung.

So off to the big hospital for a CT scan. Sure enough. Cancer about the size of a nickel with some lymph nodes looking pretty sad. Next they did a biopsy. Bad. So Monday I will get started on six weeks of radiation with a shot of chemo once a week. Fun!

Thanks

Ivan

Damn sorry to hear this Bigbuck215 no one should have to battle Cancer 3 times. Im going thru Chemo now for Colon Cancer. You are in my thoughts and prayers. If you have beat it twice you can do it again. I really am starting to dislike this cancer crap.

Good Luck Sir.

Cancer is easy to dislike, huh.

And I will be praying for you.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Lots of us cancer survivors on this forum.

You know how to beat it. Just do it again.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BigBuck, Best wishes for your recovery. Prayers on the way. It was a true pleasure to get acquainted with you at Tonto Basin. I know your presence there was enjoyed by all. The pictures snapped me right back there.

I hope you get to take many more trips in your RV. And more rides on your dirtbike, too. I look forward to seeing you again sometime in the future.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Thanks

Ivan

You got them as well as my thoughts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My prayers, thoughts & best wishes for a full recovery.

I have a fairly good friend who begins treatment for the exact same thing, stage III, on Monday, also a 6 week initial regimen.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ivan, you sound like one tough sonofabitch. I would be humbled to pray for you. Godspeed and His healing.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ivan , prayers sent, keep fighting !

.... like tears in the rain
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Sir you have my prayers. I have to say that if you're 81, have beat cancer twice and just wrecked your dirt bike you are one tough dude. Not only do I believe you'll beat cancer I'm more afraid FOR the cancer.lol

God bless

If you've never met Ivan... he's a hell of a guy.

Real down to earth and humble, yet you spend time around him, he's a perfect example of the type of guy I looked up to growing up, and he's my idea of the fastly disappearing type of guy that made this country great... positive in thought and action, work ethic off the charts, generous.. the list is unending...

I feel blessed to have met him and gotten to know him a little.

What I don't comprehend is the Good Lord not preserving guys like Ivan for as long as the old body is good for, while all of these lazy, spend their life on the couch getting high all day, types are sitting in front of the TV and being cancer free...

things aren't fair in this world...that's for darn sure.

most of us would be blessed to be made of half "the right stuff" that Ivan's made of, believe me... and I doubt anyone else on the campfire that has met Ivan would think anything less...

as my granddad would say, He's tougher than a pine knot.

God be with ya thru all of this Ivan... You're friends on the campfire sure will be pulling for ya.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Those are nice words Seafire and I am sure Ivan is all that you say. I certainly enjoy his posts and look forward to perhaps sharing a post cancer drink with him, should our paths cross. In the meantime time I'll be sending good thoughts his way.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hey, John, thanks for the writeup. Now I have a reputation to live up to so I guess I'd better not cash in my chips just yet.

Aces, correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you in the Seattle area? I have been going out there ever so often so the next time I'll hunt you up. You can have a shot or so of whatever but I'm pretty much a coffee guy.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Ivan,

I met you a bit ago on the Tonto trip and it was clear, quite clear actually, that you were, while gentle, proper and kind, hard as nails (pardon all of the commas as I am just a simple engineer so a brilliant one like CCCC can correct). As such I look forward to chatting and shooting again with you next year at the Tonto gathering. See you then.

Ed

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Cancer sucks, big time. mad

Jim
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Hey, John, thanks for the writeup. Now I have a reputation to live up to so I guess I'd better not cash in my chips just yet.

Aces, correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you in the Seattle area? I have been going out there ever so often so the next time I'll hunt you up. You can have a shot or so of whatever but I'm pretty much a coffee guy.

I'm north of Seattle about 45 minutes. Let me know and we'll get coffee.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Pulling for you to kick its ass x3!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

I'm north of Seattle about 45 minutes. Let me know and we'll get coffee.

with traffic, that would be about Mont Lake Terrace, wouldn't it? grin you'll enjoy Ivan a lot...

Ivan, if ya can't make Quemado, then some of us may have to stop by in Billings to check up on ya, on the way down....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ivan, I sure hate to hear this. Cancer is one terrible thing, and I am certainly going to be praying for your full and complete recovery.

Sam......

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Ivan, you have my prayers in this latest fight against that damned cancer.

Take care.

Mark

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (1OntarioJim, 41rem, 16penny, 35, afisher, Anaconda, 12 invisible), 1,433 guests, and 869 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,104
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.