Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
For a dog, this will work every time, but it is off label usage.

Get some injectable Ivermectin from the vet that is designed for deworming cattle. For a "big" dog, the dose is between 2 and 5 cc. It works on fungus, lice, worms, ticks, fleas--just about anything that grows or bites.

One shot and done.

Ivermectin has no effect on a fungus like ringworm. It's strictly for parasites.

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10311-003-0049-0

Last edited by bobhanson1; 05/29/16.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Get rid of cats, if you have any.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Grandpa always said piss on your feet.
That or take a stroll through the hog waller barefooted.

It's just tinea fungus.

Same as jock itch, the stuff ya spray apple trees in the spring works on all 3 human maladies.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got it from working with the BILs calves 3 years ago. Noticed 2 red raised rings on my left arm. After self treating for 3 days it was spreading to my left ribcage area. Went to the VA clinic and the doc there recommended lamisil cream dosed liberally.

This stuff started on my left arm and after ten days and 20 tubes of lamisil I had it on both arms, my full torso, my neck, and down one leg to the knee.

On my 3rd trip to the VA clinic the doc prescribed 4 pills taken one week apart. Fluconazole, IIRC. It began clearing up the day after the first pill, and was gone in a week.

Before I went to the doc I tried iodine and sunlight. Never even slowed it down. Nothing to fool around with...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Only a theory, but if you alloy ringworms with lead you won't need a sinker when using them for fish bait, and they won't ring either.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bobhanson1

Get some injectable Ivermectin from the vet that is designed for deworming cattle. For a "big" dog, the dose is between 2 and 5 cc. It works on fungus, lice, worms, ticks, fleas--just about anything that grows or bites.

One shot and done.

Ivermectin has no effect on a fungus like ringworm. It's strictly for parasites.

If Ivomectin cures it, it was actually mites or something else. It won't get any fungus.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Ivermectin will kill certain breeds of dogs.

I learned that here several year ago. It is also printed right on the Ivermax cattle pour on label.

The only ringworm I have been around is on feedlot calves, especially this time of year. Turning them out on green grass will clear it right up. Ivermax won't do anything, strictly a parasiticide.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by saddlesore
The few times my mules have had it, I washed the area with Betadine soap w/rinse 3 times a day.Took care of it in about a week

Fella...would you please add a link to "betadine soap" so I can see exactly what you are referring to, I have not seen it here.

Please.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Tea Tree Oil. Ringworm is a fungus and tea tree oil is an anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-bacterial. It's readily found in a pharmacy and is effective and cost effective. Research it. We always keep a bottle of it in the house. This treatment is for if you get ringworm. Dogs and cats may not tolerate undiluted tea tree oil. I would do some research before applying it to your dog.

I just did a little research on tea tree oil for pets. It's not recommended unless it is very diluted. It's apparently toxic to pets but not for people. I usually dilute it with olive oil down to about 50% as this is less irritating and still quite effective.

Last edited by cooper57m; 05/29/16.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

One shot and done.

Nope, it cures ringworm just fine, a fungus. Many large animal vets will tell you the same thing on cattle on higher application rates. It's simply off-label use for ringworm. How it works I do not know, but that it does work is a guarantee and rather well-known for many years in farm/ranch country. Heck, I remember the cow vet using it on our dog back when I was kid, so we're talking at least three decades of knowing about it. Maybe it causes some other reaction in the animal that then results in getting rid of ringworm--bottom line is that the critter will be rid of their fungal infection, whether cow or dog.

It works on cats with ringworm too, if anyone cares about them. Don't quote me, but I think the cat dose is 1/2 cc.

If you give too large of a dose to a dog or cat, yes it will kill them.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

One shot and done.

Nope, it cures ringworm just fine, a fungus. Many large animal vets will tell you the same thing on cattle on higher application rates. It's simply off-label use for ringworm. How it works I do not know, but that it does work is a guarantee and rather well-known for many years in farm/ranch country. Heck, I remember the cow vet using it on our dog back when I was kid, so we're talking at least three decades of knowing about it. Maybe it causes some other reaction in the animal that then results in getting rid of ringworm--bottom line is that the critter will be rid of their fungal infection, whether cow or dog.

It works on cats with ringworm too, if anyone cares about them. Don't quote me, but I think the cat dose is 1/2 cc.

I run nearly 10,000 head of bulls through the chute a year and many have ringworm that the owners are wanting to clear up.

Ivomec does not kill ringworm. Like Sam said, it is a parasiticide. Kills worms and such. Does nothing for ringworm. The past few years most bulls are getting hit with Ivomec 2 to 3 times a winter as the louse are becoming more tolerant of it and yet there continues to be ringworm everywhere.

Last edited by Tarkio; 05/29/16.

Montana MOFO
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Blu-Kote. Kills athlete's foot like a mofo too.

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Blu-Kote. Kills athlete's foot like a mofo too.

Damned right it does.

Copper Sulphate ( also historically known as "Bluestone" )

....don't leave home without it.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- β€œSometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Tarkio

One shot and done.

I run nearly 10,000 head of bulls through the chute a year and many have ringworm that the owners are wanting to clear up.

Ivomec does not kill ringworm. Like Sam said, it is a parasiticide. Kills worms and such. Does nothing for ringworm. The past few years most bulls are getting hit with Ivomec 2 to 3 times a winter as the louse are becoming more tolerant of it and yet there continues to be ringworm everywhere.

Well, it works around here on thousands of head of cattle, so maybe there is something else going on. Either different "species" of fungus that respond differently, or else it kills the parasite load so that the critters somehow have a different immune response to the ringworm itself.

Also, are you "pouring" or doing "injectable?" I am only claiming that the injectable works against ringworm, and usually requires a higher off-label dose to do so.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

One shot and done.

I'm a mixed animal vet and can assure you ivermectin doesn't treat ringworm at any dose, and this is well documented. As others noted it is most likely mites, lice, mange, or other parasites if ivermectin cures the issue. As the article link I posted above shows ivermectin can actually make a fungus grown better...

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Yeah Bob Hanson, but your knowledge and opinion don't count on an innanet forum cause you actually know WTF you are talking about.
Get with the program.... wink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If your animal is losing patches of hair, quite likely it's one of the forms of mange rather than ringworm. Mange is caused by a mite and can be cured with Ivermectin.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Blu-Kote

This...IME works for whatever is wrong with kids, dogs or horses.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (160user, 1badf350, 10ring1, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,336
Posts18,487,642
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.