Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 148 of 175 1 2 146 147 148 149 150 174 175
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pal
This has not one thing to do with a sheriff's wages. It has much more to do with the war on drugs (actually the war against US citizens) and what that has done to separate our country's law enforcement from we the people.

It has everything to do with what wages the deputies make, and what sort of administrator the sheriff is.

If it doesn't make any difference, then keep what ya got, and see how things work...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Me too. However no community is safe as witnessed in the OP. I'm sure rural Idaho thought they were immune but the cancer spreads.

I don't think so as far as being immune to corruption. I've lived in rural Idaho my entire life and have seen situations where the clock gets turned back 50-100 years on how things are handled by county law enforcement in the smaller population counties. Citizens turn their heads simply because they have grown up in a culture where its best to not get to involved. Boss Hog is alive and well in some areas...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by pal
This has not one thing to do with a sheriff's wages. It has much more to do with the war on drugs (actually the war against US citizens) and what that has done to separate our country's law enforcement from we the people.

It has everything to do with what wages the deputies make, and what sort of administrator the sheriff is.

If it doesn't make any difference, then keep what ya got, and see how things work...

I'd agree that better wages allow you to attract better employees, in general, but it is far from a direct correlation.

Hell, the LAPD has more than a few that make well over six figures and they still shoot up old ladies trying to deliver the mail. smile

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by pal

Total and complete unadulterated BULLCHIT. The biggest and most well paid departments have the exact same problem as small and "underpaid" departments. It has not one thing to do with wages and everything to do with modern police culture and attitudes. Trying to blame low wages or 3 year old cruisers is not only wrong and ignorant but not unexpected.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just think...you could have made a difference if you had made it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Total and complete unadulterated BULLCHIT. The biggest and most well paid departments have the exact same problem as small and "underpaid" departments. It has not one thing to do with wages and everything to do with modern police culture and attitudes. Trying to blame low wages or 3 year old cruisers is not only wrong and ignorant but not unexpected.

So.

To you, cops are all just rotten apples.

Better paid departments that can be competitive with hiring higher educated deputies, with better work records are the same as departments that have to take who they can with a minimum wage.

Got it.

Since nothing will change, why even bother electing a sheriff, or using that form of checks and balances afforded to you by the constitution?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
money has nothing to do with it, a person is either good or bad, money don't change that.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Don't put words in my mouth. I just call bullshlt on your statement. There are WELL paid cops that do bad things just as there are lessor paid cops that are good. High wages don't equal good cops. It doesn't hurt your recruiting effort but the wages those guys made per COL were fair enough.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by stxhunter
money has nothing to do with it, a person is either good or bad, money don't change that.

Thankfully there are sane folks here. I agree.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Thankfully there are sane folks here. I agree.

Lolol. It wasn't until I "made it" that I was allowed into the fold. That's when I realized that I didn't approve of the type of person a lot of cops were. My sergeant had 20 years and told me the same thing.

The firefighter career treated me well and I have no regrets at all. I suppose I could aspire to be a burnt out jaded cop with over 40,000 posts on an Internet forum whose best days are in the rear view mirror, but I'll pass.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Same old chit here on the fire. "We ain't paid enough", yada, yada, yada. They will never admit that these two are pieces of chit that killed a man for nothing.

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mirage243
...They will never admit that these two are pieces of chit that killed a man for nothing.

That is the very sad truth.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yeah, couldn't be they killed a drunk with a known temper who had a gun.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You dumbphucks got your autographed copies on order yet? Available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Spence does not lose.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
A monetary settlement is a long way from a conviction.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
WITF takes so f'n long to figure out what happened? JC!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by TheOldTree
WITF takes so f'n long to figure out what happened? JC!

Takes a while to make up a good enough lie that will stand up to a great lawyers scrutiny.

B
BFD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Yeah, couldn't be they killed a drunk with a known temper who had a gun.

certainly, every mean tempered drunk with a gun should be executed on sight. Justice the Merican way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yep, and for every Lt Powell or Bluedreaux you come across, there will be a DINK or Great Waputi.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 148 of 175 1 2 146 147 148 149 150 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (10Glocks, 1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 62 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,678
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.