Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Do any of you guys ( or gals ) have one of these type units in your house or camp ?
I have a cabin with about 800 Sq. ft to heat and cool ( 3 rooms )
What kind of luck have you had with yours ?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I had Fujitsu units put in a couple of years ago. I have one outside heatpump and three inside wall units, one on each level. My house is a salt box design and very open. They cool and heat very well. I have always heated with wood but now use the heat pump early and late in the season and wood during January and February. The heat pump becomes less efficient for heating when the outside temperature is below 25F. However, for cooling they are excellent. The house stays cool and dry, no humidity. The inside units are very quiet even with the fan on high. We have a few ceiling fans that really help keep a balanced temperature throughout the house. I highly recommend them.

Bob

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Mitsubishi is the best.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Mitsubishi is the best.

Yes. We installed 4 room units last year - a total of 40,000 BTU's.
So far so good. If properly engineered, they are sized (BTU) according to the cooling needs NOT the heating part - which is a bonus. The heating component dimishes at 25* but it can supplement heat during the late fall and early spring if need be. But we put in propane and a new boiler for the winter time.
The federal energy tax credit is $300 for what we did.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 06/05/16.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Have one upstairs and one down. Our Misubishi us several years old with no complaints. Good heat in falk and spring too.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Mitsubishi is the best.

Why?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Mitsubishi!

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Before I bought the Fujitsu unit, I compared them with the Mitsubishi units in detail. There was practically no difference in function, dependability, SEER rating, serviceability and performance. There was a difference in price though. The Mitsubishi were priced higher. I think it's because they advertize alot more. I'm not saying Fujitsu is better than Mitsubishi because I never owned a Mitsubish, so I can't say for surre.

What makes you think Mitsubishi are the best? Curious to know.

Bob

Last edited by RS308MX; 06/05/16.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by RS308MX
I had Fujitsu units put in a couple of years ago. I have one outside heatpump and three inside wall units, one on each level. My house is a salt box design and very open. They cool and heat very well. I have always heated with wood but now use the heat pump early and late in the season and wood during January and February. The heat pump becomes less efficient for heating when the outside temperature is below 25F. However, for cooling they are excellent. The house stays cool and dry, no humidity. The inside units are very quiet even with the fan on high. We have a few ceiling fans that really help keep a balanced temperature throughout the house. I highly recommend them.

Bob

We also had the Fujitsu unit installed 1 1/2 yrs ago. One outside heatpump and 2 wall units; one upstairs one downstairs in our 1500 sq ft house. We've had no problems with it and it does a great job. It's very efficient at both heating in the Fall/Spring and cooling in the summer. This past heating season we used it so much we only needed one 275 gal. tank full of fuel oil. I don't know how much better the Mitsubishi unit can be as this one works so well and so far we've had no problem with it. The company that installed it spoke very highly of them. Highly recommended.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gree sucks.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Mitsubishi was one of the originators I think and is why they have the reputation. Many makers offer virtually the same units, work on the same principals. For the proper size spacem they are far and away better than a window shaker A/C.

With the R410a, heat pumps do a lot better as the temps go down thasn the older heat pumps.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I installed one in my 650 sq. ft camp when we built it 2 years ago. It is a 3 zone unit made by LG. To date I have been extremely pleased. It is energy efficient, quiet, and dependable. The heat pump has worked fine although our Louisiana winters are not that cold.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I'm running a Gree Evo/Neo........4th cooling season for it

recent freon recharge..runs like a champ....cheap to operate

cooling/heating a 200 sq ft room with vaulted ceilings...

money well spent......

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

H
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
H
thanks for all the feedback guys
I'm about 99% sure Im going to go with a Mitsubishi unit.
I am wondering about the warranty. I have a local HVAC guy that was recommended by a friend of mine that builds houses.
He is not an official Mitsubishi contractor but is licensed
I'm waiting to hear back from Mitsubishi about this

G
gbp Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I'm installing one in my gun vault (gun room). I hope they work well

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Mitsubishi is the best.

Yes. We installed 4 room units last year - a total of 40,000 BTU's.
So far so good. If properly engineered, they are sized (BTU) according to the cooling needs NOT the heating part - which is a bonus. The heating component dimishes at 25* but it can supplement heat during the late fall and early spring if need be. But we put in propane and a new boiler for the winter time.
The federal energy tax credit is $300 for what we did.

Does the external compressor run on 220 volt or 110?

Thanks,

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

338 members (1lesfox, 257 mag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2500HD, 160user, 36 invisible), 1,990 guests, and 1,072 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,559
Posts18,510,575
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.