Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jimy
Why don't we just teach people to drive better while distracted, kind of like multi tasking? smile

Using the Bluetooth in my truck is 1,000 times more distracting than glancing at a cell phone.

But common sense doesn't enter into these conversations.

Just like gun laws and open container laws.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
Good try at changing the subject.

Jim

Enjoy your tyranny.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by CaliRN
I drive on the freeway every day... and every day there is some car in the "fast lane" going 60 mph. Every fricking day. Today i pulled around one, two people looking at a cell phone, not 5 minutes later there is a car going about 50. Yup, texting on his cell phone. Every day, all the time. Is there something a citizen can do (short of throwing a brick through their windows)?
The CHP doesn't have enough cars around to help.
Rant off.

CaliRN
should've included the facetiousness icon. You want a free country, you have to deal with the danger and inconvenience of stupid drivers. Might as well vote Democrat, it's all moving us in that direction.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by jorgeI

I know, it's easy to disparage what one does not understand. It's complicated and a reason as to why there's only been about 41,000 Naval Aviators in history out of a population of 320 Million. It's hard to live with, but I figured the hint at multitasking, hand-to-eye coordination and why we don't talk and fly in certain situations, not to mention statistics as to how Texting and driving effect vehicle mishaps would have clued you in..

I'm sorry your hand-to-eye coordination is so amazing that you can't operate a phone and drive in a straight line at the same time.

Dave

sure.. Say, are you a trucker?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Wow!

Cool video!

Do you support anti-texting/driving laws?

Face

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
My truck texts for me via voice control. People doing it manually just can't afford the proper equipment. So, you just need to get a law to eliminate the poor. The democratic way would be to require automated in dash texting as safety equipment.

The only alternative would be to live and let live in a free country. To hell with that.

I was passed the other day, while driving home from work, by a white trash welfare recipient who had all those amenities. I'm sure the govt. thought it was fair to use the tax payers money to pay for the pukes car, phone and texting services. I work for a living, so I can't afford "the proper equipment" to properly text while driving.... whistle

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 6mm250
I can text and drive just fine.

Dave

Same thing the fuggin drunk said "I can drive just fine"

Mike

Yep, he'll keep thinking that way until he's behind bars because he killed someone...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Yep, he'll keep thinking that way until he's behind bars because he killed someone...

Here comes the intellect....

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
"Jorge-the-Cuban, what are your thoughts regarding warfare in the 14th century?"

"Uhhhhh, I've landed non-fighters on a carrier. Like....a bunch. Also, I'm sterile. So I have that going for me."

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Also, I hate Trump.

A bunch.

Jorge

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Has nothing to do with phones and texting it has to do with being a self-centered POS.

Dave

That's right, but where's Clark? I want to get his opinion.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by smokepole
Has nothing to do with phones and texting it has to do with being a self-centered POS.

Dave

That's right, but where's Clark? I want to get his opinion.

Gotta go with Dave on this.

Clark?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
When I see someone texting, I wish machine guns were legal.

I mean for use on freeways.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The worst culprits I see are truckers on I25 - weaving all over the road, and not paying attention to their surroundings.
They should lose their CDL permanently, when caught.
One recently ran into a State Police car that was stopped to help a stranded motorist (both off the roadway, even beyond the shoulder).
Gentleman in the pickup went for a short hospital visit - the officer saw it coming in time to jump out of the way - she is fine.
Pickup totaled - cruiser burned to ashes.
Driver got 7 tickets, IIRC - including reckless driving (due to cell phone records)
I'd bet money he is looking for a new occupation, right now.
And - deservedly!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've thought that mounted fully auto paintball guns would work. Should be standard equipment. Permanent paint.
Blast the dumb arses and avoid all the cars with the colorful paint splatters.
Once a year your insurance agent inspects you car. Rates go up for excessive splatters.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I commute sixty plus miles to work and the texters are getting out of hand. Statistic show texting/cell phone use is becoming a primary causal effect for road accidents and I agree.
It's not a factor of legislating to the lowest common denominator, if that was the case I'd agree. The problem is they are trying to KILL ME. I'm all for draconian, punitive penalties for texting whilst driving as well as driving at or below the speed limit in the left lane.

Move to Alberta and no issues. grin

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Redneck
C'mon, Dave, maybe you're just pulling our chains with this idiocy

If you're referring to this Dave, no I'm not.

This anti-texting schit is just more brain washed idiocy. Glancing at a phone at eye-level and sending an abbreviated response requires no more risk than changing the radio station. Or sipping your coffee. Or looking around for change as you approach a toll booth.

Common sense would dictate that one doesn't need to type nor read a novel while driving in heavy traffic. But since there are too many dumb fugks in the world, it's now a crime to glance at your phone or type a short response. Anybody that can chew gum and jog at the same time is capable of this yet it is now outlawed in (I believe) 48 states. Why? Because of the lowest common denominator. That's why.

And of course there are about 5 billion alleged conservatives that are all too eager to allow this type of idiotic legislation.

My truck has Bluetooth. In order for me to make a call or send a text in most states I have to stare at a TV screen in the middle of my dashboard. I have to scroll through contacts, speak, push buttons, yada, yada, yada. How in the earth's holy fugk is that less distracting than typing "10-4" on a phone?

My truck also has a navigation system so when I drive around schit holes like Minneapolis, Chicago, or San Antonio, I don't have to ask any of the local mouth breathers directions. Why in the fugk is it legal for me to stare at the TV screen, as I drive in congested traffic, but it's not legal for me to look at a hand held fugking phone that can tell me the same info?

Does any of this make any sense? No. It doesn't. It's just more feel good fugking bullschit that the brain washed masses buy into because they don't/can't think for themselves.

And let's not forget many states have caveats for law enforcement officers. Because we all know anybody in that line of work has the reflexes of ninja trained cats. JFC. How do you people buy into this bullschit?

Dave

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wow!

Cool video!

Do you support anti-texting/driving laws?

Face

100% unless it's a hand free operation through your vehicle's electronic system. Are you a trucker?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"Jorge-the-Cuban, what are your thoughts regarding warfare in the 14th century?"

"Uhhhhh, I've landed non-fighters on a carrier. Like....a bunch. Also, I'm sterile. So I have that going for me."

I keep overestimating your capacity to grasp the obvious. Incidentally, the toughest airplane to land on a carrier is a turbo-prop called the E-2 Hawkeye, and the hardest, BY FAR, is the EA-6B Prowler. The easiest? The F/A-18 Hornet. My airplane, the S-3 Viking, ran about the middle in difficulty. I could wax eloquently on the intricacies and nuances of carrier aviation, but you need to crawl before you can walk on more mundane subjects, like factual evidence shows testing whilst driving accidents are on the rise. Feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Hate Trump? Wayyy to strong of a word

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Young girl rear ended a buddy of mine at a stop light while texting. He explained to her that she should write a letter to the trailer manufacturer for building such strong bumpers cause thats what saved her from being bathed in 9000 gallons of Hydrochloric Acid.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (14idaho, 6mmCreedmoor, 3dtestify, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 12 invisible), 1,453 guests, and 742 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.