Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
V
V
Here is my opinion on mountain lions in Virginia- click the link for a read

A google search this morning turned up nothing more on the guy that was attacked - you know someone has looked at his wounds

Last edited by VA_Brian; 07/02/16.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
All I know is there has to be about 1000 black panthers (the furry 4 legged kind) in the east and southeast. If I had a dime for every person that has told me they've seen a black panther, I'd be rich.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
i have had police friends tell me that the park people have brought western mountain lions hear a released them on the shenandoah national park to help control the deer population.they know they are here.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by viking
What's up with those G&F people. Back in ND, people would claim to see one now and and again. They would report it to G&F. G&F would scoff at the idea of big cats running loose on the prairie.

Then after a couple got shot. G&F come up with a season on them real fast. A lot of people claimed that G&F helped introduce them to the state to controll the at the time out of control deer population.

"Hell, I Was There" Then. smile Ditto.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
My brother and his hunting partners were seeing wolves while elk hunting annually in Frank Church Wilderness (Middle Fork Salmon) 5 years before they were "introduced" or acknowledged.

I met a griz with cubs in northern Idaho in the late 60's where none existed.... so there was a male around as well.

It's a conspiracy...... smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
All I know is there has to be about 1000 black panthers (the furry 4 legged kind) in the east and southeast. If I had a dime for every person that has told me they've seen a black panther, I'd be rich.

That's the going thing around here right now. Everywhere you go someone saw a black panther.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by srwshooter

No question in my mind at all. Both my son and my ex had lions cross the road in front of them near Winchester. Hell, my cousin has seen one twice while deer hunting near La Plata, Maryland. The first time, it circled around his deer stand growling and in general acting like an ass. Kinda un-nerving for a guy hunting with a point-ed stick.

Won't be long before some azz says, "if the experts say they're not there, they're not there".

I don't necessarily buy into the stories about the game people bringing them in to control deer. They probably were never entirely gone.

Last edited by Pappy348; 07/02/16.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Bearcat74

That's the going thing around here right now. Everywhere you go someone saw a black panther.

Having moved around a BUNCH, I've heard it EVERYWHERE. The last two cases were all near waterways (rivers, creeks) and I told them my guess was an otter. They weren't buying that.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

Having moved around a BUNCH, I've heard it EVERYWHERE. The last two cases were all near waterways (rivers, creeks) and I told them my guess was an otter. They weren't buying that.

My wife showed me a post from facebook a couple weeks ago from a citizen that had taken a picture of a black panther that was dead on the side of the road. When people told her it was a large black pitbull that was ran over the battle heated up because it had to be a panther because "pitbulls don't have tails."

We have people around here that won't leave their house because someone saw a black panther in their area. A guy told me the other day that they had to be real because his preacher saw one driving home one night, lol.

At least it's not just around here.

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Bigfoot of the southeast!

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Bigfoot of the southeast!

We got them too. smile

Had a guy a couple years ago tell me a grizzly bear came up to his tree stand, stood on it's hind legs, and rested it's chin on his tree stand foot platform that was 17' up. He would have shot it but it was bow season.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And folks wonder how Obama got elected.....twice.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
buddy told me onetime, sit in this blind i saw a black panther here yesterday. after sitting there about a hr a big black house cat came walking across the sendero.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Oh, they exist alright. And in large numbers. They just don't show up in pictures, just like vampires don't.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Admitting a species exists in range that it's historically been eradicated from leaves states open to meddling from the feral govt.

Once those scumbags and their toadies invoke the ESA, any economic, infrastructure or resource development gets severely suppressed.

The shoot, shovel, shut-up protocol should be in effect here.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
I once had a large male bobcat walk under my ne of my stands. It was a beautiful cat, almost devoid of spots and about 45 lbs. I knew what it was immediately as it stood at 20 yards. For months the neighbors told me stories of a cougar they had seen recently. I know it was that bobcat.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter
buddy told me onetime, sit in this blind i saw a black panther here yesterday. after sitting there about a hr a big black house cat came walking across the sendero.

I see a "black panther" at least once a week when leaving to go to work or coming back home when I pass my neighbor's house. I'm pretty sure it comes to visit the neighbor's female cat.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Just read in the Richmond Times Dispatch that a large bobcat was responsible for the attack....

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (257wthbylover, 22kHornet, 204guy, 222Sako, 270cowboy, 01Foreman400, 60 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,389 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,305
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.