-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We've had to file a few claims with USAA over the nearly 30 years I've been with them. They have always been stellar to deal with when making a claim, the process was as painless as possible and they never balked at paying a claim.

Even if they didn't have the lowest prices they'd be the best insurance company because they take care of you when you need them to.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I retired four weeks ago from managing a large insurance agency in Colorado. I was insured by USAA the entire time, and am continuing my coverage with them now that I'm retired. And, yes, when my agents would find out a prospect was with USAA they knew the odds of making the sale were nil. I did hire some sales people away from USAA and they were always extremely well trained and knowledgeable.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Had American family for 25 years until they priced themselves out of my business. When American Family started costing me over $1,000. year on everything I could no longer afford them. Tried to go USAA but didn't meet their requirements. (Their loss)

Ended up with Missouri Farm Bureau. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
The office in San Antonio is great for service and knowledge. They cover everything for us.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Even if it was not cheaper you should quit State farm.

Them sobs don't talk to the folks that have been harmed by the people that have them for insurance.

As fast as you can get with USAA.

IC B2

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This guy was my Power Plants chief for C-130 engines when I was with VMGR-452/MALS-49.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I've worked for both companies. (TPA and catastrophe auto claims) While both are very good insurance companies I'd pick USAA over SF any day.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I've been with USAA for over 30 yrs. Never been in a USAA office. There are well set up to work by phone, mail, email, internet. Call them up with your current policy handy and they'll be happy to give you a quote.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've been with USAA for 30 years through 12 moves, 4 countries, and 7 states.

Expat

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
State Farm is one of most crooked insurance company's I've ever dealt with!
They tried to screw me twice on claims where another State Farm customer hit me and were at fault on the wreck while I was also insured by State Farm. Afterwords, they raised my rates even though I had not had a ticket of any kind in the last 25 years.

Screw em! Bastards will NEVER Ever see another dime of my money!!! mad

Last edited by chlinstructor; 07/01/16.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
USAA is the way to go. I've done all my banking and insurance thru them for the past 25+ years.

Enjoy everything.......expect nothing.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've had USAA for over 45 years. Haven't seen any significant reason to change.

Retired cat herder.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I'm leaving State Farm for somewhere.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
I have, and have had USAA, for a number of years. As others have said my claims have been handled quickly and fairly. I plan to continue using them.

However, my bitch is that their annual payback is limited to officer rank. I joined as an enlisted man and the first year I didnt get the annual credit / refund. Figured it was to soon so when I didnt get it the second year I called and found that my enlisted status doesnt qualify for it. WTF, I think my money sent in has the same value as an officers money sent in. I was highly pissed off, and truthfully, still am but the benefit of the company outweights this.

Still not right in my opinion. S/F

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My wife and I had very good service from USAA and hated to leave them. Unfortunately we had no choice as USAA wouldn't insure our new rural property we bought. I don't think it would have been a problem if it was just a house on our 13 acres, but we have a 40X60 shop, 60X120 hay barn, 2 grain bins, detached 3 car garage, cattle barn, and small feedlot.

When we purchased the house we had to go with Farm Bureau to insure our property. USAA basically told us all they could insure was our vehicles. However, if USAA can put everything you own under a blanket policy you won't regret it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I wasn't aware of that. In the beginning, USAA was founded by and for military officers only. After several decades they opened it to all ranks, but still military only.

Perhaps they have a good reason for their policy. Maybe they have fewer defaults with officers or something. I dunno. But it does seem unfair from the outside.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been with USAA since 1980. Great customer service.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I wasn't aware of that. In the beginning, USAA was founded by and for military officers only. After several decades they opened it to all ranks, but still military only.

Perhaps they have a good reason for their policy. Maybe they have fewer defaults with officers or something. I dunno. But it does seem unfair from the outside.

I didn't know it either.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been with USAA for 32 years and haven't had a problem.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I switched from State Farm to USAA last year.

Approaching retirement, my wife and I felt we needed an "umbrella" policy, and, FYI, USAA would not offer one.

Nor would they insure my boat, my motorcycle, or a vintage Corvette ("we won't insure any Corvette of any year").

They did, however, help line up the desired coverages with, in our case, Liberty Mutual and Progressive.

Not saying they aren't a good company (hence, the switch), but they pick and choose what they are willing to cover.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (7mm_Loco, AKislander, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, Anaconda, 14 invisible), 1,432 guests, and 927 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,491
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.