Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Stush Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have been trying to find a copy of this book for some time. I read my dad's copy when I was a kid and wanted to get a copy of my own. Its been out of print for some time and no eBook version was available to my knowledge.

Found it on this archive site this morning:

Archive.org "Hell I Was There" Page

The ePub version opened just fine for me. Downloading the PDF of it now, but be warned, it is very large ~350MB.

I do not think that this is infringing upon the Keith family's rights in any way. If someone knows that it is, let me know and I will delete this post.

Stush
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
another hard to find one, though not free is 'Months of the Sun' by Ian Nychens.....used copies usually sell for north of $500 but you can down load it for the kindle for $20.....very good book on elephant hunting few get to read because of the cost....i lucked out in that a member here loaned me a copy to read before i had found the ebook version....

http://www.amazon.com/Months-Sun-El...mp;sr=8-2&keywords=months+in+the+sun

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
He!! I Was There is a heck of a read. Elmer lived a remarkable life. Many people who sustain those severe of burns die even with our medical advances now much less go on to live a fully productive life.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Does anyone know where I can find a PDF download for this book? Thanks, Greg

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Stush
I have been trying to find a copy of this book for some time. I read my dad's copy when I was a kid and wanted to get a copy of my own. Its been out of print for some time and no eBook version was available to my knowledge.

Found it on this archive site this morning:

Archive.org "Hell I Was There" Page

The ePub version opened just fine for me. Downloading the PDF of it now, but be warned, it is very large ~350MB.

I do not think that this is infringing upon the Keith family's rights in any way. If someone knows that it is, let me know and I will delete this post.

Elmer left us sometime ago.

It should be in the public domain now.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Archive.org "Hell I Was There" Page is no longer an active link. It states the item is not available due to issues with the item's content.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Censorship from archive.org? What's next, Huckleberry Finn?

What fresh Hell is this?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (308ld, 35, 14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 7 invisible), 1,884 guests, and 822 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,730
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.