Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
https://www.magpul.com/products/buttstocks

I am sorely tempted to buy a UBR, just because that thing is cool! HA! There are so many options now.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like the ACS-L.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wareagle700
I like the ACS-L.

I have one, and it fits the best.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The new MOE SL is pretty nice. The internal "leaf" springs keep it nice and snug without needing a locking lever. I think one has replaced my STR on one rifle after trying it!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like the ACS without the -L. Room to keep some allen wrenches and a small screwdriver to adjust the sights when away from the range bag.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
UBR is nice but heavy, not for a lightweight.

NRA Life Member
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by supercrewd
UBR is nice but heavy, not for a lightweight.

Plus one - the UBR looks like a light collapsable and adjustable stock, it's not light.

The stock is heavyweight built to take abuse.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just installed a Zuhkov on my WASR along with the (short) MOE handguards. I'm far from a Magpul fanboy but this is the best thought-out furniture for the platform I have seen. With the basic stock the sights fall in line with the eye the instant the pad hits your shoulder. Cheek position is better than any AK stock I've tried, too. The stock is rock solid when locked open and the forend is equally solid. The weapon is fully operational with the stock folded.

[Linked Image]

I know nothing of the company's AR furniture but if it's as good their AK stuff, I'd say it's worth the money.

Last edited by SargeMO; 07/09/16.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I like the UBR personally. It helps balance out my heavy barrelled 6.5 Grendel. With the Trijicon 3x9 scope it weighs 7 lbs even. With the .223 upper with the same scope it weighs a 1/4 lb more. The both balance her well andi like that the cheek rest portion doesn't move.

[Linked Image]

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Robert_White

I am sorely tempted to buy a UBR, just because that thing is cool! HA! There are so many options now.

Robert,

In terms of handling characteristics, the UBR is well, UBER.

Magpul did a nice job with them.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Robert_White

Robert,

In terms of handling characteristics, the UBR is well, UBER.

Magpul did a nice job with them.

Thanks y'all for the heads up on the weight. I'm gonna get one for a heavy barrel to make the balance right.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I've tried several and always go back to the CTR on a carbine. The UBR is nice, but too heavy IMO.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Not Magpul, but Bravo Company makes good stuff and this may be the one of the best aftermarket butt stocks yet. I have two, unmounted presently, but plan on getting them on some new builds soon, and if their claims are on track, I'll be buying more. They are relatively cheap, too. About $55 bucks and fit a standard mil-spec tube.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-GUNFIGHTER-s-Stock-Mod-0-Black-p/bcm-gfs-mod-0-blk.htm

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
either the ACS or the STR, if I want a touch less weight.

STR on a Colt 6920

[Linked Image]

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I like the CTRs most of all. I have one ACS-L and while it feels nice, the damn thing pulls my whiskers out.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
These are not MAGPUL but if I were going to go the lighter route this would be the stock I would go with. They have been getting good reviews from the friends that have them

http://armorydynamics.com/Mission-F...imalist-Stock-Mil-Spec--Black_p_132.html

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Stocks are pretty much user preference, what I like may not impress you.

I prefer MOE stocks if sticking with MagPul, they are cheap, durable, I don't need QD attachment points or for it to lock up solid. They are comfortable enough, light enough and have a rubber pad on them that comes in different thickness's and I never have had one pull my beard out.

I've seen drop tests before and if you'll notice the one linked above, the stock didn't stay in position, it collapsed on impact. Leaving me wondering how did it collapse without something breaking? It also leaves me wondering why did it matter that it hit square on the butt pad? And why would anyone care about drop tests to begin with? What function does it prove?

I prefer SOPMOD stocks by LMT or B5, that's what most of the others are trying to copy anyway. But if all I had was a MOE stock, I'd be just fine.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Oh and if drop test's concern you, I believe the toughest stock out there is the Rogers stock. You'll break a RE before the stock.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A Colt branded Rogers stock came on my last 6920. It's a nice piece. I'm more of a fixed stock guy but I like that one.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Yep, and the Rogers Super Stocks are lighter than most, if not all, Magpuls. And tough. I have used 3-4 of them, and have a couple extra in storage,

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1234, 56 invisible), 3,187 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,665
Posts18,534,104
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.