Hop To
Page 4 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by SKane
Trevor,

Any chance you could post a photo of the eye cups on the bino? Mainly interested in the girth (or lack thereof) around the oculars. Thank you, and, welcome to the fire.

Skane, sorry for the delay, here is a pic. Let me know if you want a different view.

Attached Images
ec1.jpg (40.48 KB, 114 downloads)

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

Use discount code: 24HOUR5 for 5% off your order!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trevor,
That'll work - thank you!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by slg888
Looks like some nice optics, welcome to 24hr.

Thanks slg.

Originally Posted by Old Ornery
Hey, built with HT glass, the scopes are worth a look.

Thanks OO.

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Dog, Do you think it irritates Larry that every time his nut sack itches he has move your head to scratch it ???? You ball cupping want to be. Happy monday

Last edited by fredIII; 07/10/16.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sugar Tits nothing personal I just wanted the OP to see his critic. But it's nice to live in your head rent free,you flap tittyed fat little cross eyed bitch !!!!!

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Fred, please point out some scope features that tract offers, that are really going to propel them past blister pack $49 Simmons from Walmart.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Dog, hopefully I can type this in a way that you and your mentor can understand... nevermind, it's impossible.

That is why TRACT came here, if there is something you want to see then tell him. Maybe it's possible maybe it's not but they are trying to get that information from real users. You want someone to develop a scope that has more experience than a 410 at scout camp, share the experience you have. This is why the market in the US is so F'ed up, now TRACT sucks because of what, no personal experience. A company can drop millions on marketing and own the market, because word of mouth is everything. Kind of seems like you're the desk jockey's now, you have no experience with this brand yet you have an opinion.

Blows my mind how some guys want so bad to be the toughest kid on the playground that they can't help themselves from being A$$ hats. Even funnier to see another member think it's so cool that he wants to do it too... If this is what testosterone looks like, I wouldn't mind a little more estrogen, I know, have fun with that Big Stick. I had to leave a layup for you so hopefully people could understand why were making a stupid comment, often its hard to tell.

Have fun guys, not real sure why this forum even tolerates post like there have been in this thread, sad.

Nick

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Fred, please point out some scope features that tract offers, that are really going to propel them past blister pack $49 Simmons from Walmart.

dog, please point out some scope features that will not allow 90% of the hunting population to take game out to 300 yds please?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by evans1010

That is why TRACT came here, if there is something you want to see then tell him. Maybe it's possible maybe it's not but they are trying to get that information from real users.

Nick

Evans, right on. My 'office' as dog puts it is in hunting, plain and simple. That's my true passion and where much of my knowledge/experience comes from. Now Jon, the head of PD... his shooting and hunting background is truly something to behold. Why we're here? Give some great deals on products, be the face of a company, tap into a knowledge base beyond ours, and bring out those features everyone wants...but at a better price and let you guys know about it.

My 'office' a few weeks ago attached below...

Attached Images
kudu.jpg (93.2 KB, 96 downloads)
Kudu
Bles1.jpg (32.13 KB, 76 downloads)
Bles
Last edited by TRACT_Optics; 07/11/16.

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
These sort of things seem to be popping up everywhere lately;

Maven is ex Brunton guys
Styrka is ex Kowa guys
Tract is ex Nikon guys

Interesting.

IIRC, Minox is ex Swaro/Leica guys, too.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I didn't know that Schott Glass and especially HT glass and etched reticles were available on a $49 dollar simmons scope at Walmart. I'll run down there after work and buy a few dozen of them.

What you fail to see as well as that narcissistic drunk and obnoxious dwarf from Alaska is that hunters have been killing game animals for decades using standard reticles, the fact is that todays option selections are 100x better then what was available even 5 years ago.

I am pretty sure that a startup company cannot produce a full blown lineup of Optics that might interest everyone. Initially it is to recover costs of the startup and am betting they will get into other scope designs.

Attn:Drunk Dwarf, save your typing I have you on permanent ignore.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes and the head cheese at Sig is an ex Leupy guy.

All of which really means nothing. The proof is in the pudding.

So Trevor, while we are being "straight up and honest", I would like to know if ALL your rifle scopes (don't care where the other optics are made) are made by the same (one) mfg. and/or if they are made by LOW.

It's no real secret to those in the know that LOW produces some "big name brands", and that they are capable of producing some very fine products.......

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

I didn't know that Schott Glass and especially HT glass and etched reticles were available on a $49 dollar simmons scope at Walmart. I'll run down there after work and buy a few dozen of them.

"HT" Glass doesn't mean squat.... if the X in the middle doesn't stay where it's supposed to stay.... doesn't adjust properly.... or is hampered by other useless features. Let us remember that a scope is simply a place to keep your crosshairs until you need them. Excellent glass in an optic that doesn't hold zero... or doesn't track.... or has a generic "BDC" reticle... provides a wonderfully clear view for watching yourself miss.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

"HT" Glass doesn't mean squat.... if the X in the middle doesn't stay where it's supposed to stay.... doesn't adjust properly.... or is hampered by other useless features. Let us remember that a scope is simply a place to keep your crosshairs until you need them. Excellent glass in an optic that doesn't hold zero... or doesn't track.... or has a generic "BDC" reticle... provides a wonderfully clear view for watching yourself miss.

I am Not going to dispute that . The fact is people should reserve their judgement on something that they have actually used. New Novel Concept I know.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree, reserving judgement on whether the scope actually works/tracks well is one thing. I just LOVE "riflescope reviews" in which the scope is never even mounted/shot, but a conclusion is arrived at in regards to it's quality, nevertheless.

However, there are some things that should be self evident. For example, I am quite certain the Schott HT glass will produce a quality viewing experience. And I am also quite certain that I'd not pay $10 for a model with said BDC reticle.

I am just trying to figure out some particulars that will give me a good reading as to quality for price.

They are not exactly cheap scopes. And there are some features I like and don't like. Competition is stiff. A new company/product needs a way to make itself stand out from the pack. There are optics companies popping up right and left. Different names but most all made by just a small handful of Asian firms. Some better than others. Most in the same price range are made by the same companies and are nearly all the same in regards to internal designs/glass.

Fact is, different companies have different names for the same $hit they peddle. Listening to fools argue which is better out of Jap scopes that are basically the same internally with same quality of glass made in same plant gets old. Guess what? Same [bleep] with different name/cosmetics.

Some are completely made in house, and many are contracted out, often with more than one company getting it's mitts on the same scope line. Often dictated by who can get the work done at any given time. Others are simply contracted to the highest bidder.

But I won't get into all that.

Just trying to figure out which of the above Tract is. Either way, the guys seem to have a passion for what they do, and that helps immeasurably.

Trevor & Jon---good luck in your endeavor. Don't f*ck it up grin

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 2muchgun

I am just trying to figure out some particulars that will give me a good reading as to quality for price.

There are optics companies popping up right and left. Different names but most all made by just a small handful of Asian firms. Some better than others. Most in the same price range are made by the same companies and are nearly all the same in regards to internal designs/glass.

Fact is, different companies have different names for the same $hit they peddle. Listening to fools argue which is better out of Jap scopes that are basically the same internally with same quality of glass made in same plant gets old. Guess what? Same [bleep] with different name/cosmetics.

Some are completely made in house, and many are contracted out, often with more than one company getting it's mitts on the same scope. Often dictated by who can get the work done at any given time. Others are simply contracted to the highest bidder.
grin

I'd say there is some truth to that, and a lot that's not. For instance there can be 5 different brands, made by LOW or Kamakura in Japan, and have different glass, OEM specs, etc, etc etc. About the only thing they could have in common is the OEM.

A good example is that, unbeknownst to many, a Zeiss Conquest HD, Vortex Razor HD, and Kahles binoculars are all made in Japan by Kamakura. Leupold's fantastic Gold Ring HD was too. They are obviously not identical products. Also unbeknownst to most, there are varying grades of HD/ED/UHD glass, even though all of it is termed "HD" or something similar depending on the particular brand it's marketed under.

I highly doubt anybody is going to find out how good these products are by reading about it. I have a Meopta HD, Swarovision, Gold Ring HD, and my buddy Big Al has a SLC HD. I'm going to get my hands on a Toric 8x42 ASAP and find out for myself, and leave the speculating to the experts here on 24HCF.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I'm going to get my hands on a Toric 8x42 ASAP and find out for myself, and leave the speculating to the experts here on 24HCF.

If Trevor is open to the idea, perhaps he's got a demo he could send to someone and we could pass it around for a few weeks.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Nice to have more choice into the unknown and I always appreciate folks ready to take a leap into an already crowded market place. Hope you do well. I think there is a spot for a good quality fixed spotting scope of extremely light weight and good eye relief, (20mm or more)for glasses use. If Leupold still made their 20x50 I'd own it. A good fixed eye-piece can out-do a variable for the combination of light weight, eye relief and field of view. Sometimes when the Tele-Vid is just too much to carry a simple 18 oz fixed 50 would be just the ticket. 20 power is very useful and such a light scope can fit on a very light tripod.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As to the 5 different brands, if they are in the same price range, I promise you they have the same basic designs generated on the same computer programs and the glass is nearly identical, if not identical.

Any differences in price go toward degree of QC.

Believe it, or not......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh yes. As far as glass, HD, UHD, etc. are all different names for the exact same thing, and that's ED glass. ED being the "proper" term.....

Page 4 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 007FJ, 16Racing, 63 invisible), 2,951 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,355
Posts18,488,003
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.