Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 22 1 2 18 19 20 21 22
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GunGeek
How many rounds do you carry on you every day? That's how many rounds your pistol needs to shoot with no malfunctions every single time.

That sounds dumber every time you say it.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I like Ivory as well. I bought those close to twenty years ago for around twenty bucks and those Model 1927s have a unique hue to their bluing that makes them stand out rather nicely. I've had that pistol since the 80s and it flew with me during most of my career.
I remember when that first batch of DGFM's came in back in the late '80's, I got one too. Ended up selling it to a friend of my mom's, and he killed himself with it...waste of a very nice 1911.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
How many rounds do you carry on you every day? That's how many rounds your pistol needs to shoot with no malfunctions every single time.

That sounds dumber every time you say it.

Like it or not, that's the ground floor; the starting point. The point being, the absolute minimum is really not hard to achieve.

Now more reasonably you should be able to get through every training session without a malfunction; however many rounds that may be. For some that's a pistol that goes 2,000 rounds, for others much less.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You're honestly telling us that if you carried just an 8 round magazine in your gun, but your gun consistently malfunctioned the ninth time you pulled the trigger...you'd feel comfortable carrying it?

If your commute to work was 20 miles, would you buy tires that went flat after 21 consecutive miles?

Nobody applies that "logic" to any other aspect of their lives, so why would you apply it to a carry gun?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You're honestly telling us that if you carried just an 8 round magazine in your gun, but your gun consistently malfunctioned the ninth time you pulled the trigger...you'd feel comfortable carrying it?

If your commute to work was 20 miles, would you buy tires that went flat after 21 consecutive miles?

Nobody applies that "logic" to any other aspect of their lives, so why would you apply it to a carry gun?

Because it validates his argument

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Hahahahahahahahah, that was hilarious.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I didn't hear him say that. He's saying that a gun that requires cleaning and lubing after five hundred rounds, or it starts increasingly to fumble, isn't a handgun that you necessarily need to worry about carrying for self-defense, so long as you've never had a fumble prior to that number of rounds before a clean/lube, and you only carry it in a clean and lubed condition.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No I'm saying that's the ground floor; I'm not saying that's how I would do it. It's an exaggeration to make a point...clearly all this time you didn't get it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Honestly I get what he's saying. In the worst case, all the gun has to do is reliably expend its payload along with whatever spares you've carrying. 2500 proving rounds is also 2500 cycles toward a parts failure. 250 of them makes a hell of a lot more sense.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I didn't hear him say that. He's saying that a gun that requires cleaning and lubing after five hundred rounds, or it starts increasingly to fumble, isn't a handgun that you necessarily need to worry about carrying for self-defense, so long as you've never had a fumble prior to that number of rounds before a clean/lube, and you only carry it in a clean and lubed condition.

No, he didn't say 500. He said "how many you carry on you every day".

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, it makes perfect sense.

A car can explode on its 21st mile, as long as I only plan on driving 20 miles per day.

An airline pilot can randomly pass out after twelve hours and five minutes, as long as his shift is only twelve hours long.

An exaggeration to prove a point only works if the exaggeration is at least plausible.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

No, he didn't say 500. He said "how many you carry on you every day".

You're being overly literal to score a polemical point.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're being obtusely ignorant to underscore those of your most obvious qualities.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
and the winner is......Glock 19! This old retarded argument goes round and round but at the end of the day fewer and fewer are carrying the 1911 pattern and more and more are carrying some plastic mediocre pistol that despite its suckass qualities goes bang every single time. I vote with my wallet, I have one remaining 1911.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The G19 is a superlative defensive pistol.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jimmyp
and the winner is......Glock 19! This old retarded argument goes round and round but at the end of the day fewer and fewer are carrying the 1911 pattern and more and more are carrying some plastic mediocre pistol that despite its suckass qualities goes bang every single time. I vote with my wallet, I have one remaining 1911.
I'm actually beginning to appreciate the reliability, shootability, and totability of the traditional double action auto, the CZ Compact/Lightweight (alloy frame) 75D models, to be more specific. Been carrying for about a week now the CZ-75D P-01. I'm not finding the transition from double action to single action to be the least barrier to fast first and second shot accuracy. In fact, I'm scoring better with it than I did with my Glock 17. Carries better and feels much better in the hand. Looks better, too.

[Linked Image]

Think I'll put a set of these on it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hawk,

Soon as my new HBE holster arrives, I'll be getting a CZ P01 or P07.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Hawk,

Soon as my new HBE holster arrives, I'll be getting a CZ P01 or P07.
You will love it. Fifteen rounds on board with one in the pipe.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I'm actually beginning to appreciate the reliability, shootability, and totability of the traditional double action auto, the CZ Compact/Lightweight (alloy frame) 75D models, to be more specific. Been carrying for about a week now the CZ-75D P-01. I'm not finding the transition from double action to single action to be the least barrier to fast first and second shot accuracy. In fact, I'm scoring better with it than I did with my Glock 17. Carries better and feels much better in the hand. Looks better, too.

[Linked Image]

Think I'll put a set of these on it.
i bought a few cz's some months ago, surplus from israel. I got one that would hit the spotwith you, as the jewish tempora on the side of the slide and is marked massada.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 07/22/16.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Years ago I was determined to master the traditional double action transition first to second shots, but back then I was working with Sigs, particularly the P228. This was back in the 1990s. After long effort, I gave it up. I found at the time that I could only get it down after firing a few mags full, which of course is problematic, since if you need to shoot, no one's going to give you a chance to warm up first.

Fast forward to today, and I'm not having that difficulty. Could be I just do better with the double action on the CZ than I did on the Sigs. Don't have any more double action Sigs, so can't easily test the theory.

Page 20 of 22 1 2 18 19 20 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (Anaconda, 10Glocks, 907brass, Algotguns, Akhutr, 9 invisible), 1,404 guests, and 804 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,927
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.