Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 22 1 2 20 21 22
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gitem_12

The adage of...the gun doesn't fit me, or the trigger is terrible are simply scape goats and excuses for the shooters own failings

I'll give you half that. An accomplished handgunner can adapt to about anything and yes, we should all strive to become accomplished handgunners.

When I started in LE they shoved a gun across the supply counter at you. You By Gawd qualified with it or your paycheck was in jeopardy. In 10 or so years of attending those events I learned that 80+% will not shoot well with a sidearm they dislike, is a poor fit for them or is otherwise difficult for them to use. They'll qualify a the low end of the scale, but they never acclimate to the gun. When I finally got in a position to write those policies, they were liberal by comparison and you could choose from a broad spectrum of approved sidearms, provided you furnished the gun. I can think of about a dozen officers who became shooters instead of 'qualifiers' because of it.

The public is under no such limitations and with today's myriad of excellent choices, there is no good reason to have a pistol that doesn't fit you.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by SargeMO

The adage of...the gun doesn't fit me, or the trigger is terrible are simply scape goats and excuses for the shooters own failings

I'll give you half that. An accomplished handgunner can adapt to about anything and yes, we should all strive to become accomplished handgunners.

When I started in LE they shoved a gun across the supply counter at you. You By Gawd qualified with it or your paycheck was in jeopardy. In 10 or so years of attending those events I learned that 80+% will not shoot well with a sidearm they dislike, is a poor fit for them or is otherwise difficult for them to use. They'll qualify a the low end of the scale, but they never acclimate to the gun. When I finally got in a position to write those policies, they were liberal by comparison and you could choose from a broad spectrum of approved sidearms, provided you furnished the gun. I can think of about a dozen officers who became shooters instead of 'qualifiers' because of it.

The public is under no such limitations and with today's myriad of excellent choices, there is no good reason to have a pistol that doesn't fit you.

Pistol fit is as real as a smurf

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Ever shoot a Desert Eagle? A LAR Grizzl? Ever change grips on a handgun and have it point differently? While maybe not quite as important as shotgun fit, a handgun can be fit to the user.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by TheKid
Ever shoot a Desert Eagle? A LAR Grizzl? Ever change grips on a handgun and have it point differently? While maybe not quite as important as shotgun fit, a handgun can be fit to the user.

Sure it can. But it's still not that important, and is overall a mental state. the continued use of "fit" and "bad triggers" is nothing more than an excuse used by people who refuse to learn the gun

For close to 15 years I carried glocks and never had a problem shooting at least 280/300 on our qualification course.

I switched to a Sig and the scores were the same overall.

Sarge hit it pretty square. And I think proved what I said was more than half true.

I'm also a big proponent of uniformity within an agency.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Gibby
Comparatively speaking

They sure do. Not even close.

For defense, no big deal. But in all other respects. They suck.

Their safeties are in the wrong place also.

You're wrong, again.

If you can't accurately shoot a glock. The fault lies in you, not the uquipment.

Match quality single action trigger. Spend some quality time with one, then make a comment. If you say you have and still like the Glock trigger better, you have an agenda. Simple as that.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
If you need to carry a gun with a manual safety, maybe you shouldn't be carrying one at all?

That is just plain stupid.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
If you need to carry a gun with a manual safety, maybe you shouldn't be carrying one at all?

That is just plain stupid.

How so.

Again I carried a gun for a living for 15 years. None of them had manual safeties
And they never went off unless I wanted them too

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Comparatively speaking

You're wrong, again.

If you can't accurately shoot a glock. The fault lies in you, not the uquipment.

Match quality single action trigger. Spend some quality time with one, then make a comment. If you say you have and still like the Glock trigger better, you have an agenda. Simple as that.

Liking one over another is different than what you said.

You said "they suck"

They don't suck, and glcok triggers are not bad. Of course they are not as FL refined as a match grade, tuned trigger.

Doesn't mean that they are bad, or sucky triggers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

AAAARRRRGGGGG!!!!!

A stranger has a different personal preference than I do and that preference doesn't impact me morally, culturally or personally!!!!! They must be stopped from disagreeing with me!!!!

AAAAARRRRRGGGGG!!!!!

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Sure it can. But it's still not that important, and is overall a mental state. the continued use of "fit" and "bad triggers" is nothing more than an excuse used by people who refuse to learn the gun

For close to 15 years I carried glocks and never had a problem shooting at least 280/300 on our qualification course.

Sarge hit it pretty square. And I think proved what I said was more than half true.

I'm surprised you didn't shoot better with the Sig, though of course I don't know which model you were using. Damn near everybody I ever saw shoot them both, shot 22X Sigs better than Glocks- particularly between 15-50 yards.

Sold my last Glock when I retired & went to my 229/40 cal. I'm about 100% on 6" plates with the 229, strong hand only at 25 yards and around 60% on them with a similar sized G23.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by SargeMO

I'm surprised you didn't shoot better with the Sig, though of course I don't know which model you were using. Damn near everybody I ever saw shoot them both, shot 22X Sigs better than Glocks- particularly between 15-50 yards.

Sold my last Glock when I retired & went to my 229/40 cal. I'm about 100% on 6" plates with the 229, strong hand only at 25 yards and around 60% on them with a similar sized G23.

The scores were likely better. But not.much

I don't remember having a qual, under 295 with either gun

And I always threw one round out on purpose

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Oh and I went from a G31 to a Sig P226 357 Sig

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Comparatively speaking

You're wrong, again.

Liking one over another is different than what you said.

You said "they suck"

They don't suck, and glcok triggers are not bad. Of course they are not as FL refined as a match grade, tuned trigger.

Doesn't mean that they are bad, or sucky triggers.

Glock triggers are good for what they do. The safety on the trigger is fragile.

The word suck came from the same sense of humor as getting my wife a wheelbarrow for our 25th anniversary. It was a good one though. That was 11 years ago.

For center mass type of shooting fine. But not for me.

My first handguns were K22 Masterpieces, K38's ,Model 41's, 52's and National Matches. My style of shooting is different than yours. I aim small, but capable of shooting fast.

I never thought it necessary to digress to a trigger that causes a snap in your finger and muscles and tendons in your hand. Displacing fat in your hands. That does not work in precision shooting. Find for other types of shooting.

Just trying to compare the two.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I was wondering. You that say you shoot 100's and 100's and then 1000's of round in a session.

Do you handload?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BobWills
Here we go again.

Brother ain't that the truth!!!! This thread started with the OP saying he had problems with 1911's. Several posters offered possible solutions to them. These solutions are universal and well known to those who are knowledgeable handgun shooters and you can't count yourself as one if you don't know and understand the 1911 pistol. The OP refused the offered solutions although he never offered a valid reason for doing that. Maybe he is not capable of following them, or that he is too lazy to do them. If so, he never said that. He just said he found the 1911 to be a POS and he would not carry one. This always causes me to ask, if the guy has a problem but won't accept offered solutions, WTF did he ask the question for unless he just wanted to start a pissing contest?

Then we can always count on the trolls jumping in. They of course, don't know a dam thing about a 1911 other than to identify it three times out of five when they see one. These guys love one liners. That is usually because their attention span will not allow them to make anything other than a one liner remark. These knuckleheads don't have anything constructive to offer to the discussion, but they jump in with some off the wall crap that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the original issue of the thread. Their sole purpose is to divert the discussion away from the subject and start a pissing contest.

The worst of that type is the guy who deliberately takes a comment out of context and then tries to make the thread about how smart his is to catch what he claims is a misstatement and thus prove that he knows more than the guy who made the statement. He does that willfully, deliberately, with malice and forethought for no other reason than to have something to say about a subject on which he has absolutely no knowledge. These guys are a real pain in the azz and there are a lot of them on the Camp Fire. Most of us know who they are. I always love it when Sarge, or Sean (4 Ager), or one of the other guys here who know their stuff and are plain spoken, no PC, no BS kind of guys comes in and puts the silly bastards in their place.

It would make the Camp Fire a lot more useful if those who don't know anything about the subject of the thread would just read and not make comments, but it wouldn't be the Internet if that happened. The Internet gives equal opportunity to those who are complete dumb asses to show everyone just how fcuking dumb they are. This thread has given them a chance to do that, and they have taken full advantage of the opportunity.

Geezusss... Bob you're a long winded pontificating son of a gun.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by BobWills
These guys love one liners. That is usually because their attention span will not allow them to make anything other than a one liner remark.

Last edited by BobWills; 07/23/16.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.
O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
I was wondering. You that say you shoot 100's and 100's and then 1000's of round in a session.

Do you handload?

If your asking me...yes I have to. Though I am lucky enough to able to buy factory ammo at a really good price.

I wasn't kidding when I said I work a second job to be able to buy powder, primers and bullets.

Dink

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You know....

You can love a Glock without hating a 1911.

Or vice versa.

Except you can hate a bad trigger.

Impossible!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DINK
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by deflave
This thread is doing a great job of proving my point.

Dave

laugh It does look that way, eh?

Without a doubt, there are many 1911's I would not trust my life with in their current state. Some came that way from the maker. Others ended up that way afterward. Most can probably be fixed by someone who really knows the gun. Some - not within reason. That's why I am dubious about buying one used without the opportunity to disassemble, inspect, and measure.

So Dink - ya grindin' on that Ruger yet? Or you gonna sell it cheap before you bugger it (or cheaper, after)?

I'll keep it. That way when I get the urge to own one again I can just get out of the safe and shoot it till it stops. Then I remember why I don't carry one.

I do the same with SxS shotguns.

Dink

Be sure to keep using those high zoot mags instead of the ones that came with the gun then. You'll save on ammo that way.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Page 22 of 22 1 2 20 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

361 members (17CalFan, 219 Wasp, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 204guy, 1moredeer, 51 invisible), 2,501 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,844
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.