Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by sandcritter
If it helps any, I had to downsize to .380 (sig 238) in a small-maker 'executive iwb' hoslter having just one j-clip, to be convinced my iwb was un-noticeable. This was in an office setting where get up-down umpteen times in a day, sitting on stools and reaching here and there, which tends to challenge keeping a shirt tucked as well as not printing. Anything larger than my little P238 I was conscious of printing. Some claim to make a full-sized pistol disappear and maybe they're right, but IMO physics is physics - a smaller pistol hides easier. And yeah a .380 of 6 round cap is a compromise, but at bad breath distances, Cor-Bon DPX's, I'd take it over nothing anytime.
With modern loads, that's not a terrible option at all. I think the best of the breed is the Critical Defense. It will expand and adequately penetrate, and clothes don't prevent expansion due to the plastic cap.

Carry an extra mag full or two.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Terry once posted a link to a new holster design that seems to be really good for resolving this issue. The holster rides all the way inside the pants, with only a flap accessible above the waistband. You pull the flap, and the gun and holster get pulled up to where they're accessible for a draw. Can anyone remember the name of this product, and perhaps provide a link?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Here it is: Folks will just assume Sean is sporting a colostomy bag.

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I've seen some stupid schit designed and sold before, but that one has to be quite a ways up on the dumbphuckitude ladder.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Here you go Chris.

People will assume you actually have a penis...

[Linked Image]

IC B2

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
LMAO!

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I've got a couple of different tuckable holsters because of my business attire. I've decided that I could access my pistol faster if I simply kept it in the trunk of the car.

What does work for me is using a tuckable holster untucked with a cover garment. Very comfortable.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by JMR40
Glock 43 with clipdraw. Not perfect, but not bad either. For the record, I won't carry THIS gun THIS way with a round chambered. But I've not found anything else with this much power this concealable. It is a little slower to get into action, but a lot faster than going back to the car to get the gun I didn't carry.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

If you wore that with a black belt, very few people would notice anything.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Concealment of a full size pistol without a cover garment is as much myth as free pu$$y - and we keep falling for it.

Last edited by night_owl; 07/14/16.

abusus non tollit usum
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
I don't know guys, it works fine for me. G19 on a Zach holster works (once you get the cord adjusted to the right length) and really isn't noticeable. The draw is a little slower than an untucked shirt, but not by much.

I don't carry tucked often, and don't like it as much because the tucking is a pain, but it does work fine when necessary. I carry appendix at about 1:00. I don't have a large belly though; that makes a big difference.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I wear my G19 in an AlienGear Cloak Tuck 2 and my 43 in a Vedder Light Tuck. No other choice for the summer here in TN and I have to work in areas that are gun free...I have found that as long as it doesn't print like that dick holster above, no one really notices, and if if they do, they don't say anything. I literally have worn my extra mag on my belt in an open top carrier, with the gun tucked, and no one has ever said a single word about it. In fact, most people that recognize the mag think I took the gun off when they don't immediately see it.

Last edited by Jamison; 07/15/16.
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
CJ;

The Alien Gear stuff gets good reviews but it's a HUGE piece of stuff. You don't find it cumbersome?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I tried one of the belly band rigs, worn high so it would draw like a shoulder holster, the past few Sundays at church. It's not super comfortable (to cinch it tight enough that it didn't sag made it pretty tight) but I gradually got used to it. It's a better option for me than a tuckable holster.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I tried one of the belly band rigs, worn high so it would draw like a shoulder holster, the past few Sundays at church. It's not super comfortable (to cinch it tight enough that it didn't sag made it pretty tight) but I gradually got used to it. It's a better option for me than a tuckable holster.
What are you carrying that way?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A Shield 9mm with the 8 round mag.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The alien Gear isn't that big. It's pretty flat and distributes weight well due to the neoprene. I can be hot in the summer if you are outside, but its not as bad sizewise as you'd think...

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Has anybody tried these? Good review on GunBlast about them:

http://www.ccwbreakaways.com

[Linked Image]

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I get away with it but I wear jeans and slightly blouse my shirt. You having to wear slacks and a dress shirt might no do as well.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Galco SkyOps Holsters from Optics Planet might be what you're looking for..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RyanTX
Has anybody tried these? Good review on GunBlast about them:

http://www.ccwbreakaways.com

[Linked Image]

I talked with this guy for a while this A.M. after seeing your post. He's in the same boat most of are in. Carrying IWB just plain sucks. It's not comfortable by any means, and in a lot of cases it becomes painful, like if you have to bend over a lot. His Cargo shorts and pants and the Khaki shorts and pants are cut very genously below the waistline. The gun is actually in a holster that rides below your waist, so you don't get gouged every time you bend over. He carries a Glock 19, and tells me it's indetectable (Good advertizing?). He also said some people successfully carry full sized semi-auto pistols. Revolvers are certainly an alternative also. I'm going to buy some of the shorts and see which of my handguns I can realistically carry. He said he's been looking for an alternative to concealed carry that insures you actually carry a firearm when you leave the house.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

108 members (6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, afisher, 8 invisible), 1,476 guests, and 824 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,324
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.