-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The guy who plays the Mountain on Game of Thrones, "Thor" Bjornssen deadlifts something like 450 kg. He set a different record, carrying a huge weight for several steps, which supposedly beat a record set over 1000 years ago. He's also a lot taller than Hall, which is not an advantage.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by benchman
Originally Posted by k20350
Originally Posted by benchman
Originally Posted by joken2
Neighbor used to participate in local power lifting competitions back when he was younger. Won some trophies doing it. He's probably around 5'8" - 5'10" tall, stocky built, usually weighed somewhere up around 250-300 lbs. Now in his early 60's he's paying the price. His legs are pretty well shot now, especially his knees. Has to use a walker just to get around inside his house and yard, electric cart anywhere farther.
On the other hand, some of us over 60 powerlifters can still be competitive in the open class, like win them. Not to say there is no price to pay, but it is not always crippling. Gotta train intelligently and have good genes.

Good genes and a really good "Dr". Steroid/PED use in Powerlifting is rampant. I doubt even if u were the .00001% of the 1% of genetically gifted people u couldn't pull this off.
Yeah, he's not clean....I don't think humans can pull that much without steroids. I am a drug free powerlifter, and have a lot of friends who juice. They have a lot more injuries. Case in point, in my weight class, I think the best drug free geared bench press (from all federations ) is 550. Non tested is 750. That beats them up considerably.

Yea what got me kinda interested in PED use was the USAADA stuff in the UFC so I did casual research into really what advantages the human body gets from it. Amazing what u have seen in the past on TV with media (TV Shows, Movie stars, Athletes) and now I know they were juiced to the gills. In the UFC there are very few "shredded" guys now. Most of the guys have normal "in shape" bodies now.The human body just doesn't build muscle like that naturally unless u are and mean the smallest percentage of the top 1% gifted genetically. As the mountain guy was referenced earlier in the thread he went from a pretty small built tall guy to a monster in I think 2 years.The body just doesn't work that way. The documentary "Bigger ,Stronger,Faster" the guys brother was going to try to go clean in powerlifting and they figured he would lose 75-100Lbs pretty quickly on his dead lift. Crazy what humans will do.

Last edited by k20350; 07/12/16.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Steroids or HGH? Yeah, right! If you don't look like this, it's just because you're not dieting and lifting correctly...

[Linked Image]

smirk

LOL

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by JPro
Had the same symptoms the day after I ate a whole wheel of cheese....

And you pooped in the refrigerator?

I'm not even mad.

Dave

Haha... it's actually amazing...

Now with even more aplomb
T
T
If your interested in strongman stuff check out the documentary about Paul Anderson on youtube. No roids. No belts. no shirts or wraps. Just pure God given power. An amazing story.

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

483 members (22kHornet, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1badf350, 51 invisible), 2,114 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,259
Posts18,504,801
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.