Page 1 of 2 1 2
#11304007 07/12/16
V
viking Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Anyone use one, either carry on your person, or to the the truck? What do you carry in it?

I just ordered the NRA EDC bag, are they any good? I plan on carrying a G17, to and fro.....

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tactical man purse...

...pass

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I carry a shoulder bag to & from work. My EDC weapon is ON ME at all times.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Which one do you have (and like?) and does it have any good points and/or things you would change?

I have a fanny pack (not for carry) that I use for checkbooks, extra readers, notebook etc when I go to town and have been considering shoulder/sling type replacement at the fanny pack is wearing out. Might serve for carry in summer when I'm in shorts and t shirt and mini "bail out".

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
V
viking Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
That's what I was asking, thanks V.

IC B2

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I use a Galco leather portfolio case in a Samsonite laptop messenger. Easy to carry when training dogs or taking walks in the summer heat. Mine also carries my first aid kit for the dog, collapsible water bowl and water bottle. When I'm wearing a suit the portfolio goes into the briefcase. Long trips in the car, it can ride on the passenger seat. I looked for a true concealed carry bag but they all look far too military- webbing loops everywhere, huge buckles, velcro patches, usually a big company logo.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by InternetGuru
I use a Galco leather portfolio case in a Samsonite laptop messenger. Easy to carry when training dogs or taking walks in the summer heat. Mine also carries my first aid kit for the dog, collapsible water bowl and water bottle. When I'm wearing a suit the portfolio goes into the briefcase. Long trips in the car, it can ride on the passenger seat. I looked for a true concealed carry bag but they all look far too military- webbing loops everywhere, huge buckles, velcro patches, usually a big company logo.

Thanks IG,
for letting us know about your experience.

My thoughts on the appearance of the majority of bags available. Too "tacticool" looking for my needs.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry has his man purse stolen.

Any gun I carry is going to be on my body, NOT in a bag some perp can grab and run with!

I do have one of those nice Camo shoulder bags I use to carry all my crap in to the deer blind. I prefer them over a back pack. Mine has my Bino's, Rangfinder, extra ammo, cell phone, flashlight and extra batteries, and water and food. And toilet paper. grin

Last edited by chlinstructor; 07/12/16.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Some less tactical appearing options I found today:

http://www.travelonbags.com/anti-theft/classic/anti-theft-classic-light-sling

http://www.pacsafe.com/bags/sling-bags.html

The fanny pac I mentioned before is a Pac-safe and held up relatively well for my purposes. Interesting way of safekeeping stuff while traveling, the whole pack has a web of wire and the straps have aircraft cable to prevent cut and run thieves.

Geno

In it is contentment

V
viking Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I like that pacsafe model.

I got the EDC, not to carry on me all the time, not my style. But throw extra rifle and pistol mags in it, maybe a knife, definitely a flashlight, water. That and when I take the KLR out it might be handy to travel with.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by InternetGuru

Thanks IG,
for letting us know about your experience.

My thoughts on the appearance of the majority of bags available. Too "tacticool" looking for my needs.

Geno

Yep.

They all scream a combination of search me, shoot me, steal me.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Is there a college or major sports team nearby? A book bag or messenger type bag would go totally unnoticed. You can have pockets sewn inside for pretty cheap.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's not a purse, it's a satchel. Indiana Jones has one....

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
The Mountain men had possible bags for what you describe. So man bags go back a long ways.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
A lot of the time when I have to carry additional items, I simply use one of my quality Daypacks.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I carry a Maxpedition fatboy Versapack. Where I go, it goes. Flashlights, .XDS .45, ammo, water bottle, sunglasses, earplugs, billfold, change holder, and all sorts of other stuff.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
my F350 back seat and rear toolbox.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Tactical man purse...

...pass

We used to refer to them as a "[bleep] bag". But, they do hide a gun well. I suggest you wear a lot of gold, tight Italian cut slacks and leave your top shirt button undone to complete the illusion.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Which one do you have (and like?) and does it have any good points and/or things you would change?

Geno

I use the Wittenburg AM 24 Shoulder Bag. It has been many a rugged mile with me. I like it fine as is. Mine does not have the CC pocket as depicted.

http://outdoorproductsplus.com/Shoulder%20Bags/MM24/AM24%20Black%20cropped.gif

It's functional, inexpensive, highly durable, expandable, has brass zippers & is lightweight. Reckon I've had mine for about 15 years. It is no where near worn out. Mine has a brass D-ring right at the strap attachment for keys.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I carry a Maxpedition fatboy Versapack. Where I go, it goes. Flashlights, .XDS .45, ammo, water bottle, sunglasses, earplugs, billfold, change holder, and all sorts of other stuff.

Got a dog ta chase the nappy headed mofo that's running away with your world ?

Eggs, basket,...........

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

651 members (219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 219DW, 1beaver_shooter, 57 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,637
Posts18,512,140
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.