Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Recon Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
We have a few AKC Chocolate Lab puppies still available. They turn 4 weeks old tomorrow. 3 males and 1 female left. $500 for males, $550 for female. There is a $100 non refundable deposit to reserve. They will be ready August 6-8th. Cheap for chocolate labs. PM me if interested. Thanks all. We are located in Rigby, Idaho near Idaho Falls.

You can go to our blog for more information on hunting lines. www.remingtonslabs.blogspot.com

Last edited by Recon; 07/13/16.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Since you have Lean Mac, Storm's Riptide Star which are know carriers of genetic disorders and others in the bloodline have you had your dog and the sire tested for

Exercised-induced Collapse (EIC) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exercise-induced_collapse

and CNM? Best to know before breeding or selling pups. Both are terrible diseases in Labrador Retrievers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NceEeiuNJCQ

Labrador Retriever Genetic Tests

Centronuclear Myopathy

Introduction

Centronuclear myopathy (CNM) is a naturally occurring, hereditary myopathy of Labrador Retrievers resulting from a mutation in the protein tyrosine phosphatase-like member A gene (PTPLA). This condition is also known as: type II muscle fiber deficiency, autosomal recessive muscular dystrophy and hereditary myopathy. The disease is inherited in an autosomal recessive fashion with both sexes being equally affected. CNM typically manifests in puppies at 2-5 months. Signs of CNM include: generalized loss of muscle tone and control, exercise intolerance and an awkward gait. Dogs with one normal copy and one mutant copy of the gene do not display signs. Breeding two carriers is predicted to produce 25% affected offspring and 50% carriers of the disease.

The VGL offers a DNA test for CNM to assist owners and breeders in identifying affected and carrier dogs. The test uses DNA collected from buccal (cheek) swabs, thus avoiding blood sample collection. Breeders can use results from the test as a tool for selection of mating pairs to avoid producing affected dogs.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
^ Lab Breeders who have their dogs tested for EIC, CNM, PRA and are OFA'd don't sell pups for $500

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
People who breed their dogs without testing for CNM, EIC, CERF eyes (Canine Eye Registry Foundation), OFA hips and elbows are the cause of the problems with Labrador and Chesapeake Bay Retrievers. With all of these known defects in the breed being so prevalent these days and knowing tests are available it is irresponsible of owners to breed their dogs without being tested thinking they can make $5000 per litter selling puppies.

If the parents are certified clear of defects it would and should be stated.

R
Recon Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I'm surprised at the need on here to come after me because I have a bonafide AKC registered litter of pups to sell. When you don't know me dukxdog, it might be best to keep opinions to yourself.

Thanks for the help Ghostman. It's so difficult wanting to be part of any online community these days b/c of know-it-alls and other arrogant personalities.

Anyone interested can PM me. I have those tests results available for the stud dog he is clear and healthy on everything. Our female is too young to test for OFA hips, but the vet has checked her out a few times and all seems well.

As stated, these are the least expensive AKC labs being sold that I know of. Other breeders I know are selling their pups for much more from the same Sire. They are solid healthy pups. Let me know if your interested.

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I just bought 2 black lab pups and I wish I could have paid $500.00 each for them, this price is a steal.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Recon
I'm surprised at the need on here to come after me because I have a bonafide AKC registered litter of pups to sell. When you don't know me dukxdog, it might be best to keep opinions to yourself.

Our female is too young to test for OFA hips, but the vet has checked her out a few times and all seems well.

I just stated facts with info to back them up.

Your female is young and already has whelped two litters.

The vet can't tell you anything without having the tests done.

Do you even know your dog's lineage and the genetic health issues in her bloodlines? Lot's of breeders stipulate "no Lean Mac".

You are a classic backyard breeder. That's where problems come from.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
good luck on selling your dogs, looks like a great looking male. Great price as well!! You just have to ignore the keyboard drama hunters who have a opinion about everything and love to voice it even though no one cares what they are saying. Some times you just wish drama hunters would just shoot a guy a PM and put a tampon in it and move on!

"life is tough... It's even tougher when your stupid"

The Duke
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Mk7mmSTW
good luck on selling your dogs, looks like a great looking male. Great price as well!! You just have to ignore the keyboard drama hunters who have a opinion about everything and love to voice it even though no one cares what they are saying. Some times you just wish drama hunters would just shoot a guy a PM and put a tampon in it and move on!

Larry?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by dukxdog

Our female is too young to test for OFA hips, but the vet has checked her out a few times and all seems well.

Do you even know your dog's lineage and the genetic health issues in her bloodlines? Lot's of breeders stipulate "no Lean Mac".

Kudos for posting.

Hardly anything more heartbreaking than having a canine family member slowly succumb to a genetic disease.

IC B3

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by carbon12

Kudos for posting.

Hardly anything more heartbreaking than having a canine family member slowly succumb to a genetic disease.

^^

This.

Retrieving breeds can rife with issues.

Anyone selling pups on the internet should expect to be scrutinized. Responsible breeders should welcome it.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by carbon12

Kudos for posting.

^^

This.

Retrieving breeds can rife with issues.

Anyone selling pups on the internet should expect to be scrutinized. Responsible breeders should welcome it.

+1

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Damn, what would happen if people cared half as much about breeding unqualified people together as some do about dogs?

Don't worry, there are plenty of buyers who see the value and potential for a good dog, and are willing to accept and care for that dog, no matter what happens.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mk7mmSTW

Geesh....you just proved you are an idiot.

If you've ever seen dogs with these disorders you would look at this situation differently. I don't post about random stuff. I post when I know what I'm talking about.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KenMi
Damn, what would happen if people cared half as much about breeding unqualified people together as some do about dogs?

Don't worry, there are plenty of buyers who see the value and potential for a good dog, and are willing to accept and care for that dog, no matter what happens.

This thinking is exactly why Labs have genetic disorders so prevalent in the breed now. With the tests available there is no reason to breed inferior dogs and possibly have problems. The disorders could be eliminated if people wanting to breed their dogs would be RESPONSIBLE, spend some money and get dogs tested before breeding. It's stupid not to.

Gun Owners of America & NRA Life Member
https://www.facebook.com/BirdDogBunkhouse57442/
"There are a hundred things that can happen at long range and only one of them is good"
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Recon not sure why you thanked me, I wasn't defending you I was merely stating the obvious to dukxdog.

From the price you're selling your pups I KNEW that the Dam and Sire weren't tested for the common genetic disorders found in the breed and weren't title.

As a lab owner myself many dedicated lab breeders and owners will question why you've bred 2 litters from a female that's 2 years old, is untested for the common genetic disorders found in the breed and is untitled.

It appears that you're not concerned with betterment of the breed and that only breeding for monetary gain. Many would (as dukxdog did) categorize you as a typical "backyard breeder".

While there are no guarantees when it comes to breeding but testing for genetic disorders testing and breeding genetic disorder free dogs significantly reduces the risk.

I will leave it at this....I would (and have) rather pay $1500-$2500 for a well bred lab pup from a breeder who's dogs are AKC titled (FC, AFC, & MH), have been fully tested and are certified in writing to be free from common genetic breed disorders than take a pup for free from lineage who aren't.

Breed ethics rant over....

Last edited by Ghostman; 07/20/16.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
This site really could use a "like" button!

Proud NRA Endowment member

Liberty, once lost, is lost forever. – John Adams

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Very interesting debate...

We just put down a 7 year old Chesapeake. Only 7 years... very sad.

But 7 years ago he was a $250 pup we picked up from a friend of a friend.

If he was a $2,500 we could never have afforded him and would never have had him for those 7 short years even.

Cancer (probably) got him... not EIC, CNM, PRA and are OFA'd is my guess.

Last edited by CashisKing; 07/19/16.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had my boy tested .
Hips, elbows, all good, but is a carrier of EIC, and PRA.
Any female would have to be clear so the pups wouldn't be affected.
My boy is also titled up to seasoned, and senior titles.
Running finished, and master is too far to accomplish titles in a timely manner.
Senior is just fine.

Last edited by splattermatic; 07/19/16.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Question....

What is the cost and how long does it take to do this testing? Is it just a simple x-ray?

Black Cows Matter!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 74 invisible), 3,035 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,620
Posts18,533,112
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.