Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by kwg020

Yes, I suppose it costs some folks their jobs in the oil patch but it makes jobs for the folks in the corn belt where we have little or no oil production.

kwg

Well said because, besides ruining engines and keeping liberals in office, that's all it does.

Charles Grassley is s big supporter of alternative fuels and energy sources like wind turbines as well as ethanol and bio diesel. It's what has to happen if you are in a non oil producing region. It's called survival.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ethanol subsidies are ridiculous, as are 99% of any other subsidies. One side does it to push an agenda, the other side does it to buy votes.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You guys missed a point. That cornhole sludge has made a lot of small engine repairman very happy. and a lot of scrap iron business doing also. Cause if you use that crap and don't know better, you either going have to rebuild it or scrap it.......................

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
For rost and Ed,

Please make constructive arguments as to why I am wrong in my analysis. I'd like to hear your actual comments.

But, I haven't been wrong on this for about the last five years, and I for one wish that oil was not dropping since it has so adversely affected my home state.

Based on simple history prices will rise again. No doubt about it.

Someone said recently, here I think, it would never see 50 a barrel again and it almost hit that some time back or did already.

Will it hit 200 a barrel? Eventually it will have to, if for no other reason, inflation.

Time line on that? Who knows, if I knew that I"d be retired already obviously.

I don't of many that want it high as hell or same with fuel prices but to keep it averaged out so it doesn't hit a huge part of the economy so badly.

Ed probably has a much better answer than I do, but oil will go up, oil will come down, oil will go up again.

A glut isn't a lifetime thing....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
They REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY need to take that damn corn out, it's a stupid f*cking thing that only makes Iowa farmers and city hipsters happy.

I know ethanol is extremely unpopular with many people. But, producing ethanol has kept a solid floor on the price of corn for a number of years and that has helped the corn producers. It also keeps the science of alternative fuels alive. The by product of the ethanol is used for livestock feed so it's a multi use product.

Yes, I suppose it costs some folks their jobs in the oil patch but it makes jobs for the folks in the corn belt where we have little or no oil production.

kwg

My father in law and a couple of cousins farmed/farm. The cousins do it on a LARGE scale.

They all made a profit before ethanol. They all made one after ethanol. They all would if ethanol went away.

There are not as many jobs tied to it, as there are to the oil industry.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Brent crude is at $46.71 right now.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Well, rost is correct. Anyone with any awareness at all of historical energy prices knows it has peaks and valleys, booms and busts. It's the nature of the beast.

Another thing wise folks will not do is predict anything to do with energy prices.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
(sic)

Another thing wise folks will not do is predict anything to do with energy prices.

Yup, other than to say that they will change.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mohick
You guys missed a point. That cornhole sludge has made a lot of small engine repairman very happy. and a lot of scrap iron business doing also. Cause if you use that crap and don't know better, you either going have to rebuild it or scrap it.......................

Bingo! it has been a huge boost to the small engine industry.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by mohick

Bingo! it has been a huge boost to the small engine industry.

If the small engines companies would build an engine compatible with ethanol additive gas, that would show some faith in restoring their reputations.

We have had ethanol for years now, but every engine you see from chainsaws to motor boats isn't ethanol compatible. crazy

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by rost495
For rost and Ed,

Please make constructive arguments as to why I am wrong in my analysis. I'd like to hear your actual comments.

But, I haven't been wrong on this for about the last five years, and I for one wish that oil was not dropping since it has so adversely affected my home state.

Based on simple history prices will rise again. No doubt about it.

Someone said recently, here I think, it would never see 50 a barrel again and it almost hit that some time back or did already.

Will it hit 200 a barrel? Eventually it will have to, if for no other reason, inflation.

Time line on that? Who knows, if I knew that I"d be retired already obviously.

I don't of many that want it high as hell or same with fuel prices but to keep it averaged out so it doesn't hit a huge part of the economy so badly.

Ed probably has a much better answer than I do, but oil will go up, oil will come down, oil will go up again.

A glut isn't a lifetime thing....

Okay, I understand where you're coming from. In essence, I agree with your basic premises. I think that you are missing mine though.

I am not arguing about daily/monthly/yearly fluctuations due to small production ups/downs or even political manipulation. I am saying that the fundamental premise of oil (and other energy sources) being a limited commodity which has been the dominant worldview for the last 300 years is now known to be incorrect. Hence, we will see massive changes in the geo-political maneuvering that have centered around the control of energy production for the past couple centuries. "Cheap" energy is plentiful and easy to find/produce nowadays. It all revolves around the politics rather than the supply in the ground.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Time to get the CORN out of oil.

LOL

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds pretty deflationary.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Cheap" energy is plentiful and easy to find/produce nowadays.

If you had any clue as to what is involved in exploration and production of oil you would not make that statement. Yes, there is plenty of oil, but it is generally not easy or cheap to produce not to mention the political, legal and environmental hurdles that have to surmounted.

The glut of oil was due a combination of high crude prices, low interest rates and a desire of Wall street to find something to invest in with a decent rate of return. Hence of perfect storm of massive investments which created over production, and hence the huge drop in crude prices.

But oil production isn't as simple as sticking a pipe in the ground and oil magically flowing forever. Every field declines once it hits its peak production so new fields and expensive EOR work is required to keep flow rates up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny how a place so heavy populated with anti welfare, anti redistribution folk, are so sad to see market forces benefit the majority, or, want government mandates and forced subsidies for an inefficient fuel.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
They REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY need to take that damn corn out, it's a stupid f*cking thing that only makes Iowa farmers and city hipsters happy.

I know ethanol is extremely unpopular with many people. But, producing ethanol has kept a solid floor on the price of corn for a number of years and that has helped the corn producers. It also keeps the science of alternative fuels alive. The by product of the ethanol is used for livestock feed so it's a multi use product.

kwg

My father in law and a couple of cousins farmed/farm. The cousins do it on a LARGE scale.

They all made a profit before ethanol. They all made one after ethanol. They all would if ethanol went away.

Hello Rost
You are a big state with lots of oil. We are a little state with zero oil. Yes, there are tax breaks on ethanol. Are there still tax breaks for oil producers? The last I knew there were but that's been several years ago. I guess it's our turn for a few tax breaks on ethanol.

I started using ethanol products in the late 70's in a 1968 Buick. I have used it in every car since then with nothing more than replacing some gasoline filters. There was a time when the industry was using methanol and it did cause some problems with engines, hoses and filters. But, it's been 100% ethanol since the late 80's when the industry really took off.

I see no problems with eliminating the tax breaks for ethanol when every other industry eliminates their tax breaks as well. Which is probably why Congress won't ever do it. They all have their big money donors to pay back.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Hello Rost
You are a big state with lots of oil. We are a little state with zero oil. Yes, there are tax breaks on ethanol. Are there still tax breaks for oil producers? The last I knew there were but that's been several years ago. I guess it's our turn for a few tax breaks on ethanol.

I started using ethanol products in the late 70's in a 1968 Buick. I have used it in every car since then with nothing more than replacing some gasoline filters. There was a time when the industry was using methanol and it did cause some problems with engines, hoses and filters. But, it's been 100% ethanol since the late 80's when the industry really took off.

I see no problems with eliminating the tax breaks for ethanol when every other industry eliminates their tax breaks as well. Which is probably why Congress won't ever do it. They all have their big money donors to pay back.

kwg

Spoken like a TRUE democrat.

Once again, a conservative Yankee is a LIBERAL. Truly amazing the amount of dumbphucktitutde on the 'Fire.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only thing that will spike oil prices at this point is politics.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know ethanol is extremely unpopular with many people. But, producing ethanol has kept a solid floor on the price of corn for a number of years and that has helped the corn producers.

Not to mention keeping small engine mechanics in business, along with replacement carburetor builders. I quit trying to use my weedeater and just use roundup. I had to work on the carb every time I tried to use it, so I gave up. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

kwg

Hello Rost

kwg

I know nothing of tax breaks either way.

I do know in simplicity that my relatives made money before ethanol and after. Some after ethanol came along, have refused to switch to corn. One cousin farms around 5000 acres with his Dad, and they've never planted corn. Another farms well over 10,000 and has always had corn. They've both told me they don't get wound up in short term stuff, just keep grinding away.

As to using ethanol, it started around 2008 here, with a 2005 bought new motor, first tank I ran into was 2008 appx, started having issues right after that. Such that like Miles, I had to clean the carb EVERY time we tried to use it. Read at 5am to fish. Then at 10am to fish again... ridiculous. When I finally realized it was ethanol, it cost me almost 200 bucks in parts on the boat motor to get rid of all the parts it had affected, thats with my labor.

In our fire department it went from totally reliable chain saws and such, to now you have to change fuel out every 3-6 months in pumps and saws and start and run them all the time, not to mention replacing hose lines, filters, etc... and put additive in the fuels to hopefully get the 3-6 months fuel life. Sure does suck wasting fuel every X months just because its not reliable in a life or death situation.

In fact in the pumps that run our jaws of life, ya know, the tools that cut you out of a car to save your life before you die... we can no longer run ethanol based fuels, we buy specific expensive non ethanol as we prefer to save all lives, regardless. Ethanol can let you die really quickly...

I have not had any issues with it in road vehicles that I"m aware of but its been hell on small engines all over, and living rural on a farm, we have likely more small engines around than the average joe thats got a yard to take care of and thats about it.

Ethanol is a waste of a food product when we have oil enough as is. All it does is cause the cost of both fuel and food to go up. Makes a lot of sense I guess for liberals probably. Greenies never do figure out real life best I can tell.

YMMV

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (10gaugeman, 16gage, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 70 invisible), 2,911 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,622
Posts18,492,736
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.