Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 33 of 150 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 149 150
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Originally Posted by Steelhead

As I've said before, I don't give a shiet about 150+ years ago, I just wish there weren't so damn many WHITE, LIBERAL YANKEES.

Thanks to them, we have Obama.

You mean those liberal yankees like LBJ, Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Al Gore, Lloyd Bentsen, & Tim Kaine. Hillary may be from Chicago but she learned her political ropes in the South. I wish you southern wimps would stop electing liberals and giving them a leg up to National prominence. You guys are killing us.

Hitlery learned her political schit in DC and at Yankee universities. Kaine was and remains a carpetbagging damnyankee son of a bitch.

Then again, you have given us Schumer, all the Kennedys, Hussein Obama, Bernie Sanders, Pat Leahy, Michael Bloomberg, both Cuomos. Hell, if you just want to look at the wonders of NYS politicians and their "contributions" to the U.S., we can go Cuomo, Cuomo, Schumer, Bloomberg, FDR, Pataki, Spitzer, Rangel, and Moynihan; among others. The unions, who vote solid D, are Yankee institutions, not Southern. Gun control and anti-2A legislation comes from NY, CT, MA, NJ, MD, and the PRK; not Southern.

Last edited by 4ager; 07/26/16.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Schit, cooper57m you are on the record on this site advocating for an unconstitutional infringement of the 2A.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by moosemike
And "Yankee" is the highest compliment you could give me. I wear that with pride.

Yep.... here's your sign....

Nobody has any control of where they were born or the choices that their ancestors made. There is no reason to be ashamed of the choices that their ancestors made, as it is likely that they chose to follow their conscience and the outcomes have been long decided. I am as proud of my ancestors who followed their friends and neighbors into the Union Army between 1861 and 1865 as a person whose ancestors followed their friends and neighbors into the Confederate Army at the same time. Most of them weren't decision makes and had little control over where events took them.

Yes and amen! My ancestors came to NY in 1709. In 1723 some of them moved to PA. My ancestors fought in every conflict from the Queen Annes war to present. They bled and died wearing blue in the Civil War. Some people like 4ager and Steelhead don't think I should be proud of my heritage even though they're proud of theirs (well one of them is from NJ) but it don't work that way. Northerners have as much to be proud of as Southerners.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And "Yankee" is the highest compliment you could give me. I wear that with pride.

Nobody has any control of where they were born or the choices that their ancestors made. There is no reason to be ashamed of the choices that their ancestors made, as it is likely that they chose to follow their conscience and the outcomes have been long decided. I am as proud of my ancestors who followed their friends and neighbors into the Union Army between 1861 and 1865 as a person whose ancestors followed their friends and neighbors into the Confederate Army at the same time. Most of them weren't decision makes and had little control over where events took them.

Yes and amen! My ancestors came to NY in 1709. In 1723 some of them moved to PA. My ancestors fought in every conflict from the Queen Annes war to present. They bled and died wearing blue in the Civil War. Some people like 4ager and Steelhead don't think I should be proud of my heritage even though they're proud of theirs (well one of them is from NJ) but it don't work that way. Northerners have as much to be proud of as Southerners.

Did I say you ought not be proud of your heritage? Hmmm... nope. Have I pointed out that your conception of history is more than a bit skewed? Yep. Is the term Yankee in the context of MODERN conversations about those undermining the Constitution and the American way of life a "compliment"? Well, if you think so.....

Steelhead has rather frequently said he doesn't give a schit about what happened 150+ years ago, but is concentrating on NOW. Therein lies the difference that folks continue to ignore.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Are you not aware that the roots of gun control in the US are in the South? Interesting reading:

https://www.firearmsandliberty.com/cramer.racism.html

" The 17th article of the 1776 North Carolina Constitution declared:

That the people have a right to bear arms, for the defence of the State; and, as standing armies, in time of peace, are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; and that the military should be kept under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power."

I'm a staunch defender of the 2nd amendment. I'll wager I shoot more in a week/month/year than you. My big sin here is living in NY and posing the question of whether owners of black rifles would prefer to have these platforms banned or to have mag restrictions. It's my belief that we are losing the PR battle regarding these rifles and it's just a matter of time before they are banned across most of the US. That's not my wish or desire, but my prediction. This is why I posed the question. I think that there are now owners of these unregistered rifles in NY, who have them squirreled away in their attics, who can't shoot them at ranges or transport them for fear of confiscation and arrest, who would now rather just have the mag. restriction so that they could still use them. I don't own one of these rifles, but if I did, I wouldn't register it, but I would still want to shoot it rather than have it collect dust.

I just get tired of the Yankee us/them crap. We are all in this together. It's more of an urban/rural thing than North/South. No region/State is immune from political or cultural differences. Upstate NY has little in common with NYC. Much of upstate NY votes Republican. Just please cut the prejudiced yankee crap. I does nothing to help any of us.

Sorry for the drift.

Last edited by cooper57m; 07/26/16.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are you not aware of the Sullivan Amendment that is the precursor to modern gun control legislation? Which Southern state is currently not at least shall issue for CCW? Aside from VT, which Yankee states are? Hmmm... Which Southern states have AWBs or "safe acts"? Which Yankee states do? Hmmm...

Your position on MSRs was clear; you wanted appeasement through an unconstitutional infringement. That's no support of the 2A; it's capitulation.

No surprise you've hauled ass from wanting to talk politics and gone to screaming racism. It's the only play you had left, and it still won't work.

M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Quit screwing up this thread! Damn!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Apologies. Damnyankees....

M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Back on track.

Dating your 760/7600
http://gun-data.com/remington_mod_model760.htm

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As for the question about the damned cool suppressed 7600, I suspect that is 20 gauge 870 furniture.

IC B3

M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Did you ever sell that old 760 you had a few years back? It was as slick as snot on a doorknob.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

One day it will dawn on you what Steelhead is talking about.

I used to think he categorized everyone in the north as damn yankees and wasn't sure if I should take offense or show pride. Then the light bulb came on of the demographic of people in which he refers to as Damn Yankees. I ain't one of 'em and most likely you are not either.

The people he refers to ARE Damn Yankees.

P.S. Sorry to screw up the thread. Just wanted to get that one in. Carry on.

Last edited by Rooster7; 07/26/16.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rooster7

One day it will dawn on you what Steelhead is talking about.

I used to think he categorized everyone in the north as damn yankees and wasn't sure if I should take offense or show pride. Then the light bulb came on of the demographic of people in which he refers to as Damn Yankees. I ain't one of 'em and most likely you are not either.

The people he refers to ARE Damn Yankees.

EXACTLY! There are "northerners", "Yankees", and "damnyankees". Kind of like there are black folks and there are n iggers, only with three options.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MagMarc
Did you ever sell that old 760 you had a few years back? It was as slick as snot on a doorknob.

Yeah, unfortunately. I had plans to turn it into a 9.3x62, but plans changed. As soon as I can get back down to a local shop (and you know which one I mean), I'll see if they have a .35 laying around for you.

M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Does it have a green roof? smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, it has a large flat roof now, because of the new store. Been to that one yet?

M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Never been to either. It's a haul for me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You won't believe the size or inventory of that place. If you ever get out this way, it's worth a stop. Hell, it's only a little more than an hour from that school you've turned to rooting for.

M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have season tickets at the other one now wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The one you used to attend and now has a coach that's worth a schit? Good!

Page 33 of 150 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 149 150

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (219 Wasp, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 1minute, 69 invisible), 2,553 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,564
Posts18,473,225
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.