-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 34 of 150 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 149 150
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The majority of all Remington pumps ever made were sold between PA and New England. It's truly a Yankee gun and the official firearm of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by moosemike
The majority of all Remington pumps ever made were sold between PA and New England. It's truly a Yankee gun and the official firearm of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

Now get all the liberal deer hunters in PA to stop voting for democrats.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by 4ager
And "Yankee" is the highest compliment you could give me. I wear that with pride.

Yep.... here's your sign....

Nobody has any control of where they were born or the choices that their ancestors made. There is no reason to be ashamed of the choices that their ancestors made, as it is likely that they chose to follow their conscience and the outcomes have been long decided. I am as proud of my ancestors who followed their friends and neighbors into the Union Army between 1861 and 1865 as a person whose ancestors followed their friends and neighbors into the Confederate Army at the same time. Most of them weren't decision makes and had little control over where events took them.

One day it will dawn on you what Steelhead is talking about.

I used to think he categorized everyone in the north as damn yankees and wasn't sure if I should take offense or show pride. Then the light bulb came on of the demographic of people in which he refers to as Damn Yankees. I ain't one of 'em and most likely you are not either.

The people he refers to ARE Damn Yankees.

P.S. Sorry to screw up the thread. Just wanted to get that one in. Carry on.

Yeah, I've even started prefacing Yankee with the word LIBERAL and still many are lost.

Don't worry, 260Remguy is one.

This is the kind of 'liberal' Yankee that I'm referring too. If it's not you, then you shouldn't be bothered by it.

It seems to me that regulations that keep criminals from easy access to fully automatic firearms is a good thing. I'm not a Class III dealer, so I don't deal in fully automatic firearms, have no desire to deal in them, and have never gone to the trouble of learning the ins and outs of them.

Rory,

You live about as close to me and any other 24HCF member and you and I can both own any class of firearm we want. If there is any restriction in Nebraska, it is the handgun purchase law that requires a resident to obtain a handgun purchase permit. You go to the county sheriff's office, fill out a form, pay $10 for three years, and if you pass the cursory background check you walk out with your permit. It is a restriction, but hardly an onerous restriction.

I have long thought that a national firearms purchase permit, a Federal version of the Nebraska handgun purchase permit, would make buying a firearm easier for everyone involved, both the buyers and the sellers.

EDIT: I am frequently reminded that most people don't care about issues that don't directly impact them. Reference the futility that is represent by the Omaha Public Schools. If the movers and shakers in Omaha cared about the low academic performance by a large portion of the OPS student population, the resources necessary to boost performance would be found and changes implemented.

I can show you MANY from 'conservative' gun owning members on the 'Fire. Many from New York.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Did you vote for Obama and/or do you agree with this man from New York? If the answer is NO, than you ain't the liberal Yankee I'm talking about. It's pretty obvious when most northern states go BLUE and they are STRONG MAJORITY WHITE, that it's a WHOLE BUNCH OF WHITE LIBERAL YANKEES voting for Obama.

Originally Posted by cooper57m
I worked at a gun store in the late 70s early 80s when these type of rifles were beginning to get popular. We sold them. I remember the owner telling me that these rifles were going to pose a problem for us (gun owners). I never got into the whole tactical firearms thing. My interest has been in sporting rifles and double shotguns. I do have a couple revolvers. I always figured if the poo hit the fan and I ever needed a real assault weapon, I would know how to get one and I certainly didn't need one to protect my home. Whenever I'm at the range and hear someone rattle off a magazine as fast as they can pull the trigger, I just shake my head. I prefer precision shooting, deliberate and accurate. But to each his own, but I'm getting tired of defending why gun owners need high capacity semi-auto rifles. I would support a magazine capacity restriction rather than an outright ban on semi-auto rifles with some cosmetic design features deemed to be dangerous. I really do cringe when I see all the tactical gear and advertising. I much prefer firearms to be marketed for hunting and target shooting, you know innocent and wholesome activities. It's better for PR.

I do believe that at some point they will be banned across the country, much like they are in NY State. And probably just like in NY State, the compliance rate will be very low (approx. 5% in NY) making a whole lot of instant outlaws.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Now I will bow out and let it get back to more fun talk like Pump rifles.

Sorry

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thank you. wink

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like them. Wish the aftermarket triggers had been around when I owned those 76s, 760 and 7600's. All were shooting fuggers grouping around 3/4" with loads they liked and probably and inch with factory fodder.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I was at the local shop today, they said they hadn't seen one in there in about 2 months.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very rare to see them here in our area. Been about 5 years since I have seen one in the used rack at the 4 or 5 shops I frequent.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 07/26/16.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead

As I've said before, I don't give a shiet about 150+ years ago, I just wish there weren't so damn many WHITE, LIBERAL YANKEES.

Thanks to them, we have Obama.

You mean those liberal yankees like LBJ, Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Al Gore, Lloyd Bentsen, & Tim Kaine. Hillary may be from Chicago but she learned her political ropes in the South. I wish you southern wimps would stop electing liberals and giving them a leg up to National prominence. You guys are killing us.

Hitlery learned her political schit in DC and at Yankee universities. Kaine was and remains a carpetbagging damnyankee son of a bitch.

Then again, you have given us Schumer, all the Kennedys, Hussein Obama, Bernie Sanders, Pat Leahy, Michael Bloomberg, both Cuomos. Hell, if you just want to look at the wonders of NYS politicians and their "contributions" to the U.S., we can go Cuomo, Cuomo, Schumer, Bloomberg, FDR, Pataki, Spitzer, Rangel, and Moynihan; among others. The unions, who vote solid D, are Yankee institutions, not Southern. Gun control and anti-2A legislation comes from NY, CT, MA, NJ, MD, and the PRK; not Southern.

IIRC, didn't you get your law degree from a liberal Yankee college, Vermont Law in South Royalton?

IC B3

M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M

While I don't doubt that a bit, plenty were sold all the down the Appalachains in the south. Every Kmart and Woolco (remember them?) carried them.

M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
The one you used to attend and now has a coach that's worth a schit? Good!

That very one wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

As I've said before, I don't give a shiet about 150+ years ago, I just wish there weren't so damn many WHITE, LIBERAL YANKEES.

Thanks to them, we have Obama.

You mean those liberal yankees like LBJ, Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Al Gore, Lloyd Bentsen, & Tim Kaine. Hillary may be from Chicago but she learned her political ropes in the South. I wish you southern wimps would stop electing liberals and giving them a leg up to National prominence. You guys are killing us.

Hitlery learned her political schit in DC and at Yankee universities. Kaine was and remains a carpetbagging damnyankee son of a bitch.

Then again, you have given us Schumer, all the Kennedys, Hussein Obama, Bernie Sanders, Pat Leahy, Michael Bloomberg, both Cuomos. Hell, if you just want to look at the wonders of NYS politicians and their "contributions" to the U.S., we can go Cuomo, Cuomo, Schumer, Bloomberg, FDR, Pataki, Spitzer, Rangel, and Moynihan; among others. The unions, who vote solid D, are Yankee institutions, not Southern. Gun control and anti-2A legislation comes from NY, CT, MA, NJ, MD, and the PRK; not Southern.

IIRC, didn't you get your law degree from a liberal Yankee college, Vermont Law in South Royalton?

Yes. So? I never said I hadn't lived up there and in fact from living there I have a pretty damned good level of insight into the leftist politics of Yankeedom. Witness that crap firsthand and you figure out fast what they want for the rest of us, as well as the difference between northerners, Yankees, and damnyankees.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
I was at the local shop today, they said they hadn't seen one in there in about 2 months.

At least they've seen them. I hope you find the one you're looking for.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MagMarc
The one you used to attend and now has a coach that's worth a schit? Good!

That very one wink

'Bout time you came to your senses. wink

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
The other place is fun too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you like supporting what they produce (Ted Kennedy and his ilk). wink

M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Man! We are in the free parking redneck tailgate section but do walk through the upper crust section going in.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I always shot very well with the factory 760 trigger. I made the longest shot of my life with a 760 when I was 17.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And as far as yankee gun owners go, they're all on the Trump bandwagon from what I see. It's the non hunters voting Democrat.

Page 34 of 150 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 149 150

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1234, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1936M71, 160user, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,485 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,685
Posts18,475,071
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.